Photo

19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

T_r_i_s

T_r_i_s

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

4993 added! :lol:

P

Is this a typo or has a new version been released? I thought the latest was 4917 for 31 handsets?

Magxs

Magxs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

BTW, I DO have a backup of the stock recovery in case there is a need to revert at any time.

P

Hi Paul,

I would need that stock recovery. Could you post that please? I can't get the custom ROMs to run and also have problems with rooted stock ROMs you have posted. No idea what's going on. I want to try flashing the new .pkg 4399 build from Dell. As far as I understand it, this is only possible with stock recovery.

On the stock ROMs (both, the 3883 and 4399) the contacts app is crashing, which also prevents contacts from syncing.

Many thanks
Magxs

Devices: Dell Streak, HTC Advantage X7510

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:DHD, DZ, SF
What does Koushs custom recovery image do?
After installing it, will I see any difference on my device, or is it something that runs in the background/stored on device till needed?

courtlandre

courtlandre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Devices:HTC Evo, Samsung Focus

What does Koushs custom recovery image do?
After installing it, will I see any difference on my device, or is it something that runs in the background/stored on device till needed?

Read the first post.

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Read the first post.

Read the first post?...ohhh thats the mistake i was making! D'oh!

The first post does not answer my Q:

Edited by vinokirk, 01 July 2010 - 08:46 AM.

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
Cant get my drivers to work either. Do we have to download "Android Bootloader Interface" drivers from somewhere? If not themn where do we find them?

Magxs

Magxs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I continue to have problems with both of these builds and I hope someone can help me.

I tried flashing Paul's custom ROM from the kitchen, which doesn't boot for me. No idea why - but that's another story. Before flashing the ROM, I installed the custom recovery image and I did not root my device. Or is rooting necessary before flashing a new ROM?

So, I was trying to go back to back to the stock ROM and I tried both builds, the 3883 and 4399. With both, the same thing happens. They install and boot fine. Everything seems to be working as normal, until I go to the market and sign in to my Google account. The problems unfold as follows:

- Upon entering my login details in the Market, it is verifying my account and I then get the message that some background task has crashed. This brings me back to the login screen in the Market and it appears as if my login has not worked. But it has. It is starting to download e-mails.

- If I close the Market by going to the home screen and then go to the Market again, it works fine and I can download and install applications, including the ones I have purchased.

- Looking at the data sync with Google, it shows e-mails and calendar syncing fine, but for Contacts is says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". But of course it isn't back shortly.

- Launching the Contact app produces a crash (process com.dell.addressbook has stopped working).

There are two things I find strange about this:
(1) Is the contacts app a Dell application, not native Android? Can this cause my problem?
(2) I have exactly the same thing happen on both builds. Could I have messed up something that is so deep in the system that is survives complete wipes and ROM flashes?

Btw, I have done complete wipes and factory resets before flashing each ROM.

One thing I still want to try is to flash the original 4399 build from the Dell website. But because it is a *.pkg file, I can't flash it with having the custom recovery installed. Unfortunately, Paul hasn't posted the original recovery yet, of which he says he has a backup.

I would be most grateful for any comments or ideas.

Many thanks
Magxs

Devices: Dell Streak, HTC Advantage X7510

wojtas29

wojtas29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hi
i have too "the custom recovery installed"
and i have problem with my device, must give him to service.
i need to remove " the custom recovery installed" and root. how can i do this?
please help me.

snpg

snpg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I continue to have problems with both of these builds and I hope someone can help me.

I tried flashing Paul's custom ROM from the kitchen, which doesn't boot for me. No idea why - but that's another story. Before flashing the ROM, I installed the custom recovery image and I did not root my device. Or is rooting necessary before flashing a new ROM?

So, I was trying to go back to back to the stock ROM and I tried both builds, the 3883 and 4399. With both, the same thing happens. They install and boot fine. Everything seems to be working as normal, until I go to the market and sign in to my Google account. The problems unfold as follows:

- Upon entering my login details in the Market, it is verifying my account and I then get the message that some background task has crashed. This brings me back to the login screen in the Market and it appears as if my login has not worked. But it has. It is starting to download e-mails.

- If I close the Market by going to the home screen and then go to the Market again, it works fine and I can download and install applications, including the ones I have purchased.

- Looking at the data sync with Google, it shows e-mails and calendar syncing fine, but for Contacts is says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". But of course it isn't back shortly.

- Launching the Contact app produces a crash (process com.dell.addressbook has stopped working).

There are two things I find strange about this:
(1) Is the contacts app a Dell application, not native Android? Can this cause my problem?
(2) I have exactly the same thing happen on both builds. Could I have messed up something that is so deep in the system that is survives complete wipes and ROM flashes?

Btw, I have done complete wipes and factory resets before flashing each ROM.

One thing I still want to try is to flash the original 4399 build from the Dell website. But because it is a *.pkg file, I can't flash it with having the custom recovery installed. Unfortunately, Paul hasn't posted the original recovery yet, of which he says he has a backup.

I would be most grateful for any comments or ideas.

Many thanks
Magxs

Check out forum post 'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly., Just after flashing MoDaCo ROM', on the second page go to post #21 and follow the instructions. This worked for me. He mentions 'Fastboot' (written as Fastbot), it is a .exe program which is in the 'tools' menu of the Android SDK (if you don't have it go to: http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html - you'll have to download and install it which can take a while).

He mentioned dragging the Fastboot.exe into the Command Prompt window, this didn't work for me so you may have to manual navigate to it in the command window.

James Norton

James Norton

AKA @nortools on Twitter

• Senior News Team
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

recovery screen appears, below the normal options i have
E:Cant find MISC
ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.7

Assume this is ok?

I am getting the same and I cannot seem to select any options. I can navigate the options using the volume key, but pressing the camera button does nothing and the power button just switches the screen off.

Anyone have any advise?

popetodd

popetodd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Devices:iPaq HW6945, Dell Streak

Read the first post?...ohhh thats the mistake i was making! D'oh!

The first post does not answer my Q:

Your not going to notice it unless you go to the maintenance screen by holding down the volume buttons.
It allows you to backup the ROM and install new custom ROM's from your SD card.

Edited by popetodd, 04 July 2010 - 05:13 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,345 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
First post updated with details on a new recovery image!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

popetodd

popetodd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Devices:iPaq HW6945, Dell Streak
Does this one take care of the failed /firstboot backups?

battletank

battletank

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note, S3 on order
  • Twitter:@@processguru
New one from Koush's site (2.0.2.0) doesn't work for me. Flashed it fine, but it hangs when installing update.zip.

Further to this - the IMG file is half the size of the previous one, and I see no 'Update.zip' on my SDCard, so I'm going to hazard a guess that this IMG file doesn't contain everything that Paul's one does.

Smartphone enthusiast since the Nokia N9000i; owned almost everything since
Current Android Devices: Advent Vega, Dell Streak, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S2
Current iOS Devices: iPad, iPhone 4

James Norton

James Norton

AKA @nortools on Twitter

• Senior News Team
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

New one from Koush's site (2.0.2.0) doesn't work for me. Flashed it fine, but it hangs when installing update.zip.

Further to this - the IMG file is half the size of the previous one, and I see no 'Update.zip' on my SDCard, so I'm going to hazard a guess that this IMG file doesn't contain everything that Paul's one does.

I can't even get to the custom recovery with that version. It just sits there doing nothing....

battletank

battletank

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note, S3 on order
  • Twitter:@@processguru

I can't even get to the custom recovery with that version. It just sits there doing nothing....

Yep - that's what I mean - when you've selected 'Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card' there's nothing - presumably because there's no Update.zip on the SD card.

Smartphone enthusiast since the Nokia N9000i; owned almost everything since
Current Android Devices: Advent Vega, Dell Streak, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S2
Current iOS Devices: iPad, iPhone 4

James Norton

James Norton

AKA @nortools on Twitter

• Senior News Team
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Yep - that's what I mean - when you've selected 'Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card' there's nothing - presumably because there's no Update.zip on the SD card.

I am not sure that is what I would expect. I would expect the custom recovery to load up - it shows various options one of which is to flash the update. I just get a blank screen. The previous version of the recovery image I tried at least loaded but I couldn't select any of the options.

Dogmann55

Dogmann55

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Dobermann's, Mobile Data, F1
  • Devices:Streak 32GB Setve's Froyo
Hi all,

To those of you that can't find the update.zip on the SD card is it looking for it on E:? is it then returning not found? if so is your SD card actually E: or is it D: when you plug it into your computer because this is the problem i had and mentioned in the Custom Rom thread. If so the fix is really simple instead of choosing update.zip in the menu choose install from the SD card and then you will be able to search the SD and find the update.zip and just click on it to install.

Marc

Dell Streak 32GB Unlocked
Froyo V1.6.1 By DJ_Steve

The only problem with common sense is it's just not that common

FilaxBr

FilaxBr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can this be used for a Dell Mini 3Ix too ?

the_didge

the_didge

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Cant get my drivers to work either. Do we have to download "Android Bootloader Interface" drivers from somewhere? If not themn where do we find them?

Everything will be installed when you install the dell pc suite.

O McAdam
ITIL Expert & Prince2 Project Manager

Want to host your rom or a simple webpage? Pm Me

OMCA.co.uk

Dell Streak Running STREAKDROID 1.6.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users