SIM unlock

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

I phoned O2 today (I have an O2 account) and asked them for the Streak SIM unlock code... based on the fact I bought the Streak SIM free independently of my contract and 'I want to use it abroad with local SIMs'.

They took all the deets and said I should have it within 14 days. We'll see eh!

P

Guest courtlandre

I just called O2 and requested an unlock code for my streak. The lady had no idea what an unlock code was and asked me if the streak was a laptop. She then put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back on she said she would submit a form to get it unlocked and it would take up to 14 days. I bought the phone using a 30 day sim only contract (20 pounds which reduced the phone price from 400 to 350), and I also have a 12 month simplicity plan that I'm currently on. She didnt say it would cost anything, but considering she didnt seem to know what was going on, I'm not really holding my breath.

Paul- Will the unlock code help you unlock the phone for others?

Guest knightpants

spoke to o2 again, same thing as I was told before, although like courtlandre, the girl didn't even know what I was talking about and what a "dell streak" even was........ :)

Guest fantasytozi

That's strange. I'll wait for your news 1st before buying it. Maybe Streak's price will go down, who'd know? :)

Guest crapbag172

Well its 5:55am now, im waiting for my delivery of the Dell STreak on o2 pay as you go and I definatly am not going to sleep for now! i am however very tired but if I slumber now then im not waking up for anything. Not even a courier knocking my door with a shiny new Dell Streak! I think i might put some sofa cushions on the floor and sleep beside the door.

Anyways, as soon as I recieve the phone I will be on the phone to o2 to try and get this unlocked. if this works it will be a godsend! I am currently on contract with tmobile and orange so i dont need a 3rd contract, and these online unlocking sites dont seem like they have any unlock code generators for the streak yet! keep us posted guys, ill do the same.

Guest stuliv12

spoke to O2, wont unlock my Streak until 12 months time. Even though i have bought it outright from CPW (which was still simlocked!)

Guest Dunhamzzz
spoke to O2, wont unlock my Streak until 12 months time. Even though i have bought it outright from CPW (which was still simlocked!)

Someone posted the same thing here on my forum.

The guy in the O2 store told me it was so people dont buy it, unlock it and sell it on, the device is so rare at the moment that wouldn't even be an issue.

O2 have been a bit of a let down/

Edited by Dunhamzzz

Guest richardlai

My Streak was bought with a £10 mobile broadband SIM, but I was also successful with my unlock request using the "going abroad" excuse (which is genuine). Unlock code will be sent to me via email in 14 days. :)

Guest @home

I have just had an online chat with an O2 rep on the O2 Website & was told that if I take the Dell streak in to a store they will unlock it for a small fee & not refuse to do so. Any thoughts on this?

Guest courtlandre
I have just had an online chat with an O2 rep on the O2 Website & was told that if I take the Dell streak in to a store they will unlock it for a small fee & not refuse to do so. Any thoughts on this?

The reps dont even know what the dell streak is.

Guest MarcO2

Well first off Hi everyone, i decided to register here because i was intruiged by some of the posts and I currently work in an O2 store as a Guru.

Right, first off what you have been told is crap, as much as we would like to do that for you in store we physically can't, all you will be told by anyone in store is to contact customer services. Secondly, it is only really the retail staff that will know what a dell streak is because they are the only ones that are told they need to know lol

Guest courtlandre
Well first off Hi everyone, i decided to register here because i was intruiged by some of the posts and I currently work in an O2 store as a Guru.

Right, first off what you have been told is crap, as much as we would like to do that for you in store we physically can't, all you will be told by anyone in store is to contact customer services. Secondly, it is only really the retail staff that will know what a dell streak is because they are the only ones that are told they need to know lol

Yeah, its great customer service when the lady I call up asks me what phone I have and then promptly asks if it's a laptop. But yeah, I'm sure o2 wont be unlocking these phones until another carrier has them (like the iphone).

Guest MarcO2
Yeah, its great customer service when the lady I call up asks me what phone I have and then promptly asks if it's a laptop. But yeah, I'm sure o2 wont be unlocking these phones until another carrier has them (like the iphone).

That is the word unless you take it as a pay and go then there are other "special" ways of sorting that issue as previously mentioned

Guest tudorw

Interesting you mentioned it was scarce, current auction going for £820, 30 bids, 3 days left, I knew I should have bought the 3 they had in store :) my wife is not going to be happy waiting for hers...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Streak-16GB-Sma...b#ht_483wt_1156

I should mention that I am not even tempted a little...

Edited by tudorw

Guest courtlandre
Interesting you mentioned it was scarce, current auction going for £820, 30 bids, 3 days left, I knew I should have bought the 3 they had in store :) my wife is not going to be happy waiting for hers...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Streak-16GB-Sma...b#ht_483wt_1156

I should mention that I am not even tempted a little...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Streak-/2904436...=item439fca84aa