30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest milko9000
I wanna test the A2SD version. Do I need a ext2 or a ext3 partition? Any suggestions?

ext2.

ext3 should work too but offers no advantages for this kind of situation (debatably it's actually worse).

Edited by milko9000

Guest Markoc84
I had many issues with the A2SD ROM initially, so here is what I did:

1) reformat my ext3 partition

2) Nandroid backup and full wipe

3) Install

4) Setup

5) Reboot

Since then everything has been peachy.

Haven't tried the music app, since I use Meridian anyway.

I did similar to this, but I also re-formatted my SD card to ext3 (was previously ext4) and wiped everything and all seems to be working ok now. just restoring all my data/apps.

However still getting FC on com.htc.bgp but not sure what that is for.

Thanks for all the great work Paul and everyone elses advice in helping get this ROM working.

:) :)

Guest IAmGeef

Nice one Paul.

Wiped before update.

Rebooted after setup.

HTC Music app is now working.

I am still getting occasional com.htc.bgp fc's. Although it doesn't appear to be affecting anything.

Guest Lenslarque

Hi Paul,

First of all thank you for your great work!

I'm having a bit of trouble after installing your third build.

After installing build 3 over build 2 my phone is in a bootloop. It is showing the htc bootscreen over and over again.

Does anybody experience this also?

Guest kd0t

Clean wipe and installed Build 2 from yesterday.

Saw B3 after install, so installed over and seems fine so far.

Only prob so far is that it has boot sounds :) makes me jump everytime

Anyone know how i can remove it myself?

Will report back with any issues.

@Lenslarque: Mine was fine. What did you install B2 over? I had some issues coming from another 2.1 rom to this one without wiping. Maybe try installing B3 again and see what happens?

Edited by kd0t

Guest Lenslarque
Clean wipe and installed Build 2 from yesterday.

Saw B3 after install, so installed over and seems fine so far.

Only prob so far is that it has boot sounds :) makes me jump everytime

Anyone know how i can remove it myself?

Will report back with any issues.

@Lenslarque: Mine was fine. What did you install B2 over? I had some issues coming from another 2.1 rom to this one without wiping. Maybe try installing B3 again and see what happens?

I had some issues when I installed B2. I did a thorough wipe. ! even repartitioned my sd card. The issues I had with B2 then went away. But after I installed B3 over it, I'm getting the HTC screen over and over again.... driving my colleagues nuts ;-)

Guest wichle
ext2.

ext3 should work too but offers no advantages for this kind of situation (debatably it's actually worse).

Thanks for the answer. So I haven't to change anything cause I'm already using a ext2 partition. :)

Guest Superboy58

Is it possible to overclock this ROM like the VillainROM or not ? Because even though it's probably very fast, in the games the overclock is very usefull to gain some FPS !

Guest dc71

After download and install I had the repeating FC on com.htc.launcher, but phone behind seemed to be working.

Did a wipe/factory reset and then it loaded up ok, just having to reinstall my apps as I didn't bother with Titanium or anything (doh!).

Market seems slow, but I had that with 3.1/3.2 after initial flash, so not worrying yet.

Thanks Paul.

Guest shokka9
Done! :)

P

Thanks Dude.

This will simply be the best 2.1 ROM (including the updates that follow) EVER!

Thanks again.

Think i need to skin it to death though. Been waiting for this........

:)

Guest fsanzl

I have given it a try, and:

- After installing, the flash screen looped forever. Everything must be wiped before installing again the rom and rebooting the phone with the USB cable unplugged.

- I like the feel. Sense apparently is flawless.

- i18n is incomplete. Even after installing More Locales 2 for changing it to Spanish, most of stuff remains still in English. I reckon this behaviour should be normal, as the stock rom only supports officially English and Chinese. I am not expecting full language support until the Eropean version is released, but there are also major bugs, like the widgets that are not in English but in Chinese, whatever language is chosen. HTC's fault, anyway.

- Lack of ext4 support for app2sd. As a development version, I guess it'll be solved at some time.

I nandroided back to MCR 3.2, and think I'll stick to it until the European version is released and we get a new MCR 4.*. Anyway, this 4.0 deserves a try, and would be perfect if you don't mind the aforementioned issues. It seems that the final versions will be amazing.

Thanks your work!

Guest Dan Mullen
- Lack of ext4 support for app2sd. As a development version, I guess it'll be solved at some time.

Lack of ext4 is due to this version not having the custom kernel.

Guest Paul

Now the kitchen is up, it's a lot easier for me to update / improve stuff (altho changes will only be in the kitchen rather than prebakes until non WIP release). :)

P

Guest klutsh
What's about overclock please ? Yes or No ? If No is it coming soon ?

That will come ONCE HTC release the official GSM Kernel source, not before.

Do you really need overclock? these ROM's are damn fast as they are.

Edited by klutsh

Guest bunt83

Hi Paul,

2 issues I've noticed in the v3 WIP release

1 - Sim contacts show in the dialer as well as google contacts, whereas I've unchecked the 'view sim contacts' within the people app

2 - The camera app only works in landscape view i.e. the menu doesn't aut-rotate when I'm taking a picture in portrait mode...

Is it possible to include the 3D gallery instead of the stock application? It looks SO much better :)

Great ROM otherwise!

Guest shokka9

we dont need overclock, just optimised Kernel, which will come when HTC release the Official Kernels.

You ever get the feeling that you are repeating yourself, time and time again :)

:)

Guest Superboy58
That will come ONCE HTC release the official GSM Kernel source, not before.

Do you really need overclock? these ROM's are damn fast as they are.

For games it's very usefull to avoid lag. And why the VillainROM 10 allow overclock? They don't use the official kernel ?

Guest Dan Mullen
For games it's very usefull to avoid lag. And why the VillainROM 10 allow overclock? They don't use the official kernel ?

AFAIK the official GSM kernel sources have not been released, so presumably the VillainROM kernel is based on some leaked sources.