• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

So, does the phone connect to your system after you've installed the drivers? You also need to put the phone in USB debugging mode, otherwise you can't connect with adb.

Yes i can now use adb, and ran the install.bat in the superuser.zip but when i start the app on the phone it says "the whitelist is currently empty"

Posted Image

terminator99

terminator99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540

Want to root your LG GT540?

Here's how! :(

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. :P

To enable Superuser access (root) on your GT540:

- Turn on the device and click the icon to open the phone dialler
- Enter the code '3845#*540#'
- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'
- You will now be prompted for a password - enter :SWIFT::GT540:
- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!
- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#).

You can now download and install ChainsDD's excellent Superuser app from here (I used the su-2.1-cd-unsecure version).

Job done! Enjoy! :(

P

Posted Image

I need a a step by step guide on how to do this and what programs i need, i tried to follow the instructions on the polish site but get stuck trying to install the superuser files files on my phone, and not got as far as seeing that messege that im suppose to see on this page and when i get to push to su files i foloowed the guide and get adb is not .....something or other. Help would be appreciated.

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Yes i can now use adb, and ran the install.bat in the superuser.zip but when i start the app on the phone it says "the whitelist is currently empty"

Well, that's good news, it's working then :(
As you install apps that need root access, you'll get a pop-up from the whitelist app where you can allow the apps root access or not. Give the app access and it'll work as intended.

Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
would you mind name a few good apps to use please

Posted Image

terminator99

terminator99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i.m a noob and i need a full step by step guide on how to root LG GT540.

Please help!

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
Ok, found this by chance, a universal android root app and from what I can tell, it work with the LG GT540 even though it's not on the supported list. Even though the GT540 is easy to root, this makes it even easier.

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
New version out today http://blog.23corner...1-5-3-released/ and it works perfectly now on the GT540 as the creator added a drop down menu for the superuser app which allows you to install it for either 1.5/1.6 or 2.1/2.2 which solves the only problem it had before where it wouldn't install the superuser app. This is the easiest way to root your GT540 or any other supported Android handset, as it doesn't require you to connect the handset to a PC at all.

onlinejobwork

onlinejobwork

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Mobiles, Intertnet, IT Technology, software
  • Devices:Orange SF, Motorola DEFY
  • Twitter:@onlinejobwork

Here's how! :)

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. :D

- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'
- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!
- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#).

You can now download and install ChainsDD's excellent Superuser app from here (I used the su-2.1-cd-unsecure version).

Job done! Enjoy! :D

P

Posted Image

Hi P

I am member of this forum since the lauch of Samsung Omnia SGH i900, since than I never try do something with ROM, until than I even dont know that this kind of most interesting think ever exist in the world of mobile, finaly I sold the most anoying phone I have ever used samsung omia sgh i900. and I today sold my Nokia 5800 and just ordered LG Gt540 Optimax the android phone, my main device is Ipone 3Gs and its give me undesribable pleasure than any other device, since log time I am heard a lot about a word called 'Android' but I havent ACKNOWLEDGE much, when I heard google lauch its first phon, at that time I seen that phone but the look was no impressive so I did not care about android and google but I never ever imagine that Google has come such popular and growing ln leaps and bounds, my head stunned and since long time I am thinking of buying a very budget phone with Android OS, as I tried all phone except Android one...

So finaly I order the LG optimus GT540 so I can drench muy Technology Thirst and drink Android, my wife fight with me sometime when I talk about buying a new phone or reading articale and reviews on the net, as I can say that I grow-up and live with electricals, by cirtification I am MCP, MCSE, MCDBA & DCP (Dip. in computer programming) when I attend the computer class in India and when people ask me where u been and when I told them I was in the Computer Class they literaly dont know what is computer even, I am sure, at that time the computer I used with complete green screen or monochrome and win 3.1 or may be just the dos os, I involved in the field of Computer when I was 15 years but its not my fortune that I can get job/work in the field of IT of electronics, I am wasting my skill at labor job in Tesco, and when I see lots of unprofessional and different field people who even dont know ABC of Technology work in placed like Carfone, Comet, PCworld and some of the biggest store inside the Self...& Co oxford street, when I visit all store their knowledge and experience are below the average or I can say not much better than todays layman people, sorry I am cut the crap here and.....

I would just like to know what can I do with after rooting with LG optimus? how can I install apps or programs in SD card instead Phone momory

Finaly I have no worda to desribe your tremendous contribution to mobile use community, endless thanks to you Paul, keep doing good work

thanks for reading my not Biography , waiting for reply

Tare care

bye

Urvish

brisuth

brisuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Here's how! :D

Job done! Enjoy! :D

P

Posted Image

I have tried the above but i only have four options in stability test, data abort, prefetch abort, kernal panic, and abort by user mode can anyone help please

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

I have tried the above but i only have four options in stability test, data abort, prefetch abort, kernal panic, and abort by user mode can anyone help please

Yes, use universal androot found here http://blog.23corner.com/

s60mike

s60mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've rooted a GT 540 and installed Superuser but no Superuser-Request appears when I'm starting any Root App like a screenshot-App etc.? What's wrong?

jrenshaw

jrenshaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The same here, can't see what I am doing wrong.....

I'm on kernel version 2.6.29
and
software version GT540-v10a-JUN-24-2010

any ideas?

Clarkey15

Clarkey15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus

I've rooted a GT 540 and installed Superuser but no Superuser-Request appears when I'm starting any Root App like a screenshot-App etc.? What's wrong?

Open up the superuser app and a pop up should come up asking if you want to give the screenshot program access. Give that a try.

s60mike

s60mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Open up the superuser app and a pop up should come up asking if you want to give the screenshot program access. Give that a try.

Normally it is the other way - isn't it? I'm starting the Screenshot app and a popup should appear that wants to allow me SuperUser Rights for this app?

Clarkey15

Clarkey15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Normally it is the other way - isn't it? I'm starting the Screenshot app and a popup should appear that wants to allow me SuperUser Rights for this app?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is usually the other way round too, I had the same problem, but this fixed it for me.

kevcampbell

kevcampbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
can someone tell me what root is about?

like what is it and should i do it, if so why?

thank you

turbocrow

turbocrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:GT540
thank you used the Chinese site and did not use the beta i used 6.1 or something and i then went onto the market place and downloaded superuser perfect works brill now thnx

Imfrom

Imfrom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So, I bought mine from Carphone warehouse. And triend Androot. it said it rooted the phone, but when I've tried launching few root requiring apps they didn't lauch. one of them even stuck, and I had to reboot the phone.

Any advice, other than flashing?

P.S. Could anyone explain me what flashing is about and drop me a guide to it?
I saw the first post of this thread, just I do not know how to use those packages. thanks, for understanding.

Edited by Imfrom, 30 August 2010 - 10:18 AM.

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
Did you install a whitelist app?

bloodlust8

bloodlust8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I just bought my LG GT540 the other day from Carphone Warehouse and I can't root it because the enable root permission is removed/disabled by the CPW. Can I just use the Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5? Just wanted to confirm first before doing it. Thanks.

Edited by bloodlust8, 30 August 2010 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users