TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540
Just make sure you install the right whitelist app, as in the one for 1.5/1.6

Edited by TheLostSwede, 31 August 2010 - 03:09 AM.

Woeterr

Woeterr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:LG P990 (O2X)
  • Twitter:@Woeterr
Since there is root for this device, are there chances there might appear custom roms for the GT540? becaus i would like the modaco rom on this device!

bloodlust8

bloodlust8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
How can I install my apps, games on SD card? I've already rooted my phone but it still uses my phone memory..

Woeterr

Woeterr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:LG P990 (O2X)
  • Twitter:@Woeterr

How can I install my apps, games on SD card? I've already rooted my phone but it still uses my phone memory..

You'll have to run android 2.2 on your phone, then it's possible. But on Android 2.1 there are also some apps2sd available i think, don't be sure of that tough.

Satans_Hell

Satans_Hell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus GT540
Gah!!

I dont seem to be able to root my GT540. I put in the 3845#*540#, then go to Module test, stability test and I dont get the option to Enable Root Permission??

Not sure if I am doing something wrong though.....

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Gah!!

I dont seem to be able to root my GT540. I put in the 3845#*540#, then go to Module test, stability test and I dont get the option to Enable Root Permission??

Not sure if I am doing something wrong though.....

Try Universal Androot then http://blog.23corner...t-1-6-2-beta-5/

Satans_Hell

Satans_Hell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus GT540

Try Universal Androot then http://blog.23corner...t-1-6-2-beta-5/

Thanks for your help.

My phone is now rooted :lol:

saif3399

saif3399

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:lg gt540
HEY GUYS I CANNOT FIND THE OPTION TO ENABLE ROOT ON MY PHONE!!
AFTER I SELECT STABILITY SETTINGS THERE IS NO OPTION FOR ROOT ENABLE OR ANYTHING?
CAN ANY1 HELP ME?

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
1. Stop shouting
2. Read my previous post

retrend

retrend

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:GT540
this is obviously a foolish question, but i cant see an obvious answer after a fair bit of searching. what benefits does rooting the phone bring?

TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

this is obviously a foolish question, but i cant see an obvious answer after a fair bit of searching. what benefits does rooting the phone bring?

Certain apps require rooting, such as using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot, root explorer and a bunch of other useful software. That's about it.

DonPanda

DonPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there,

im a totally noob at the android technology, but i've readed a lot of read me's and stuff to understand what ur talking about.
well the problem i have is:
when i connect my phone to the pc, the android SDK manager cant find my device. does i need the sdk programs to root my lg? i get the 'ok' msg after i enabled root, but dunno what to do next.
maybe some1 can explain me the next steps to finally root the lg?
would be really nice. i rereaded the last 4 sites 3-4 times, but i dont know what u mean with whiteapps and stuff.

:lol:

thanks

Ixirim

Ixirim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

hi there,

im a totally noob at the android technology, but i've readed a lot of read me's and stuff to understand what ur talking about.
well the problem i have is:
when i connect my phone to the pc, the android SDK manager cant find my device. does i need the sdk programs to root my lg? i get the 'ok' msg after i enabled root, but dunno what to do next.
maybe some1 can explain me the next steps to finally root the lg?
would be really nice. i rereaded the last 4 sites 3-4 times, but i dont know what u mean with whiteapps and stuff.

:lol:

thanks

Hi,

LG has patched the root method in the OP during some of the firmware updates. Right now, if you can't find "Enable Root Permission" or am having trouble installing the superuser app, you should give Universal Androot a try. It roots your phone as well as install the superuser app.

A Superuser app grants apps permission to access the phone's root. Apps that have been granted permission are said to be in the whitelist, I think.

You don't really need to have to use AndroidSDK, if you just want to root your GT540 phone.

If you can't connect your phone to the computer, you most likely don't have the drivers installed. Get LG PC Suite IV from somewhere since the Official Site doesn't really give you a download link, you'll have to google it.

Edited by Ixirim, 28 September 2010 - 12:45 AM.

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@R0iZ

Hi,

LG has patched the root method in the OP during some of the firmware updates. Right now, if you can't find "Enable Root Permission" or am having trouble installing the superuser app, you should give Universal Androot a try.

Universal Androot don't work on 2.1 ROM :lol: Searching any working methods for this ROM...

Ixirim

Ixirim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Universal Androot don't work on 2.1 ROM :lol: Searching any working methods for this ROM...

That post was made before 2.1 came out. But yeah, someone find a method for 2.1!

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

someone find a method for 2.1!

Maybe Paul can help us? :lol:

DonPanda

DonPanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

LG has patched the root method in the OP during some of the firmware updates. Right now, if you can't find "Enable Root Permission" or am having trouble installing the superuser app, you should give Universal Androot a try. It roots your phone as well as install the superuser app.

A Superuser app grants apps permission to access the phone's root. Apps that have been granted permission are said to be in the whitelist, I think.

You don't really need to have to use AndroidSDK, if you just want to root your GT540 phone.

If you can't connect your phone to the computer, you most likely don't have the drivers installed. Get LG PC Suite IV from somewhere since the Official Site doesn't really give you a download link, you'll have to google it.

Hey,

thanks for the answer.

i got all ready the LG software, and i can connect to my pc too. thats not the problem :lol:

in the first post at this thread, paul says we would see the root status via ADB. i read at wikipedia whats "ADB" could be ( B) ), and wiki says i need the SDK base for ADB. well, however.
i will try the software u wrote and give u feedback.

second: the root status should be enabled. after i type the password i have permission to change the user and root status. after i check "Enable Root Permission", i'll get the "ok" message for password accepted, but when i reboot my phone...well... its easily gone.

thanks and best regards

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
On 4pda.ru get the root on 2.1 !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users