'No Service' issues

Guest snpg

"Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK"

I just check what google say about the sentence above, interesting how many android has a similar problem with diferent devices.

But one interesting happened here, after i checked "Antennas" on my Streak the connection problem disapeared :lol: or maybe just bad in early mornig and afternoons, we will see :D (update i just finished the post and started again :D )

ohhh and the instructions above is just a O" setup for all android you can find here http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device...;settingId=3078

Edited by qq67

I just came back from wimbledon where i have perfect reception everywhere. Carphonewarehouse sent me in o2 shop to get new sim, if the new sim wont sort out this problem ill get a new phone.

jdouce: if you can manage the size of the phone this is much better than desire. Big screen is more important for me than half hd recording

i have new sim which didnt make any difference so i get a replecament. The difference between the new and the old phone is I have a reception every 5 minutes for a minute so worst than the other was which have break with every 5 minutes :lol: if the service coming back usualy only GPRS no 3G, so tomorrow ill take back again. So interesting situation, this is my 3rd phone the first had a dead speaker out of the box. I start give up my love with Streak :D I already ask them to exchange to other type,brand but they said I cant (carphonewarehouse)

So this is something phone related issue I think.

have you hard reset then tried again?

The best hard reset is to getnew phone :lol: :D but yes nothing changed.

The worst reception on my desk where is 3 monitor and the router. so maybe affected by those two.The best in bedroom. But I never had any problem witn my old HTC Touch HD before th Streak on same place

Guest vinokirk
The best hard reset is to getnew phone :lol: :D but yes nothing changed.

The worst reception on my desk where is 3 monitor and the router. so maybe affected by those two.The best in bedroom. But I never had any problem witn my old HTC Touch HD before th Streak on same place

How do you hard reset the streak?

When (if)you guys first used the rebel sim did you guys log into your Google account?

Guest Delg
How about build 4399 ?

Has this issue been fixed ?

I've just installed 4399 so will be testing it out this evening.

I also had a long conversation with O2 yesterday after finally getting through to someone who doesn't just want to send more settings. I actually made them watch the video I'd previously done so they could see exactly what was happening. He's going to speak to an engineer and ring me back today. So I'll see what happens, I'm not that hopeful but you never know. He did seem more competent and interested than any other O2 person I've spoken to.

Guest banterbay
How about build 4399 ?

Has this issue been fixed ?

I have just updated to build 4399 but the "No Service Issue" is still persistent but not as frequent as build 3883. I hope someone, O2 or Dell will come out with a solution. This is quite a pain in the bum. Overall Streak is still a great phone/tablet

Guest Pete1965
Same build number 3883 for me too... I installed the no signal app from the marketplace which is supposed to notify when you go out of signal and back in again. Typically today in work it didn't do it once, but as soon as I got home its done it a couple of times, makes me wonder if something may be causing some interference?

Mine does exactly the same. Its fine at home where reception is a little weak. At work where i get a zippy city centre connection its on an off all the time. If there is an update please can i have it as its driving me mad. I'm in leeds by the way

Guest Delg

Build 4399 still has the same problem for me, spent this evening testing a O2 XDA Trion and a sim free HTC Universal with my sim - no problems at all, good 3g signal with high speed internet on both. Even 2g on the Streak seems dodgy, often not being able to make calls until I turn airplane mode on and off again. I can only presume it's something to do with the radio and particular towers since other phones/locations work fine.

I've decided to stop banging my head against the wall that is O2 customer support - pointless to keep ringing, getting promises to be called back and then nothing. Today was meant to be first an engineer and then the original operator who took the call, just to see how it went. Never heard anything at all, like last week. I don't think they even believe there is a problem.

So what to do? Wait and hope that Dell/O2 produce an update that will fix it? Or sell it? If anyone wants to make an offer let me know - it's in excellent condition (one tiny 2mm indentation by the power button), already rooted and running 4399.

Guest nobnut

Naaah...

Have some faith brother. If everyone gave up as easily as that, we'd still be living in caves.

If at first you can't find the solution, keep looking. Besides, things could be worse, you could have an iPhone... and wear very short skirts whilst you try and pick up men from the [gay] bar to feed the kids :)

Guest nobnut
Mines a bit better now I put the xperia x10 settings in from the o2 site !

Share the wealth...

... and the settings are?

i.e. post 'em.

Guest Delg
Besides, things could be worse, you could have an iPhone... and wear very short skirts whilst you try and pick up men from the [gay] bar to feed the kids :)

Yes, definitely wouldn't want that - can't stand iPhones...though least I could solve the reception issues by just holding it differently.

I've calmed down now, I was just really annoyed at O2 - I'll give those new settings a try, you never know.

Guest Asphytxtc

I don't think this is related at all but just in case it might help anyone in identifying the cause. I too get this no service issue (build 4399, default APN settings etc) but only after doing a mass kill of running processes with Advanced Task Killer. Its not a regular thing either, will just sometimes lose signal and go 'No Service' and then reconnect again within a few (10's of) seconds. It's almost like the mass kill causes something else to go down with it on some occasions. I'm running ATK in its most safe settings mode (I'm not all that familiar with Android just yet so seemed like a good idea right now) so I don't think its killing anything it shouldn't. I've not noticed the issue happening at any other times, then again I don't live in a decent 3G area which may have something to do with it. On the few occasions I've ventured into good high speed coverage I've had no problems.

As I said, It's probably completely and utterly unrelated but thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

Guest fards

I started noticing this as well, I've reported it to o2, and suggested it's a radio firmware issue and it needs posting back up to dell to address.

Guest badshotbob
I hope no-one minds me posting this as a topic.

I am experiencing 'No Service' issues on the Streak. The phone will be fine and then suddently lose service and then re-gain it and then a few seconds later it will lose it again and then re-gain, it can do this quite a few times. It can then be fine for a minute and then does it again. I am in a strong O2 area and I have not experienced this issue before.

I thought it may be down to Advanced Task Killer so I removed that app and rebooted but it still does it. I am worried it is a problem with the phone. I have checked the sim and it is clean and fitted tightly in the sim slot.

Could it be another app interfering?

Anyone got any ideas of what it could be?

I am thinking of taking it back to CPW, but I thought I would find out if anyone is experiencing a similar thing.

I'm having a similar issue. Ported my number from T Mobile - T Mobile went dead, took 24hrs for O2 service to activate. Then, about 8 hours later "No Service", try to dial and "No Sim Card!". Ring O2, "Take out the battery and put it back in again" - tada, back to 02-UK.

But oh dear, a few hours later "No service" then "No Sim card". Tried the battery thing again (Can O2's tech guru's not come up with something more, well, technical than that!) - back to "O2-UK".

And then it goes again after a few hours. Went to O2 shop, got new sim card. Whole damn process started all over again.

Pretty unimpressed with both the Dell Streak and O2's ability to fix a problem so far :-( A phone without a signal or service is in fact a very expensive piece of plastic afterall.

Guest marra2
Did this help nobnut?

I have these settings and it was ok for few days but its started again , think we need a radio update to sort this !

Guest Smartstradamus
I'm having a similar issue. Ported my number from T Mobile - T Mobile went dead, took 24hrs for O2 service to activate. Then, about 8 hours later "No Service", try to dial and "No Sim Card!". Ring O2, "Take out the battery and put it back in again" - tada, back to 02-UK.

But oh dear, a few hours later "No service" then "No Sim card". Tried the battery thing again (Can O2's tech guru's not come up with something more, well, technical than that!) - back to "O2-UK".

And then it goes again after a few hours. Went to O2 shop, got new sim card. Whole damn process started all over again.

Pretty unimpressed with both the Dell Streak and O2's ability to fix a problem so far :-( A phone without a signal or service is in fact a very expensive piece of plastic afterall.

I was experiencing the exact same issue as you and i ported from t-mobile aswell!

The no simcard issue disappeared after ugrading to the 4399 rom.

But the random no service issues persist. They are random and only last a few seconds now.

Like one of the posts above this has stated,i reckon this is a radio issue.

I also started noticing a similar problem on my htc hero which still has a t-mobile sim in it shortly after my streak was showing random service issues. WEIRD!!!!

Guest fards

Talking to a few other peoplethey had it on desire as well, which was fixed with a new rom from htc.

I'm presuming they had a kernel upgrade.