294 replies to this topic

ascot17

ascot17

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Yeah you shouldn't need the goldcard any more as mines exactly the same. Was T-mob branded. Now i've switched to an 8GB and it's not enough!

Great - thanks very much.

HTC One S (Black)
Stock everything.... so far....

nekromantik

nekromantik

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
2.0.10 or .11 dont restore my ext so am using 1.8.2.1 still

dreamdealer

dreamdealer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2, HTC Desire, G1
  • Twitter:@DreDealer

2.0.10 or .11 dont restore my ext so am using 1.8.2.1 still

same as only i was using 2.0.0.5 its strange. why would 2.0.0.5 work for an ext 3 partition nandroid backup and restore, but 2.0.1.3 it can't mount it, with massive respect to Koush, and i am pretty sure he's working round the clock "no pun intended" to sort it out. Also I am not an expert so forgive me if I don't understand the situation why and in truth is probably not that obvious. but surely you can take a working concept from 1.8.2.1 and 2.0.0.5 and add it to future releases. either way please keep up the good work Koush I am sure you hit the nail on the head sooner or later.

Edited by dreamdealer, 23 June 2010 - 06:27 PM.

lenik

lenik

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

That's it, ClockworkMod recovery should launch! ;)

this version of recovery should have CONFIRMATIONS for every action, like the original recovery, because it's very easy to let the finger slip at the last moment and choose different menu item, and doing nandroid recovery instead of backup (or vice versa) is bad, really really bad.

Shizophren

Shizophren

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I've installed the clockwordmod revocey with the rom manager. I can start in recovery mode. So far eveything's fine.
However, when i want to install a custom update.zip the recovery start to do something (its to fast to check it) and then i'm back in the main recovery menu. ?!?
So my Problem is, that i can't install e.g. the modaco r3.1 rom...
It's the same wether i try to install a rom from the rom manager menu, or when i start manually in recovery mode...
I've rootet my Desire with the riskfree method. I don't created a goldcard, because in don't need A2SD and i have a unbrandes Device.
So wheres my fault???

Edit: Somehow i've made it. I don't know how, but it works. I've solve the problem without the rom manager. I booted in recovery mode, installed the clockwordmod update.zip again, then installed the modaco rom and it works...puh...

Great work bzw. Paul!!!

Edited by Shizophren, 24 June 2010 - 05:53 PM.

Andi Desire

Andi Desire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Nexus S
can someone post the link to 1.8.x.x that allows the recovery of EXT3?
thanks

Matrix24

Matrix24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:hd2, desire
Hey Everyone!

Had hd2 b4, now android desire!

I think you guys are doing a g8 job on this!

I just baught the modaco plus package to support you!

Thx a lot everyone, im really happy to be able to buy applications in sweden as this is not aviable otherwise! And ofourse all other cool stuff i now can do as well1

cheers,

ola

ApOE

ApOE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:SGSII, Hannspree Hannspad
Should I rename recovery-clockwork-bravo.zip to update.zip?

r5ingh

r5ingh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus

Should I rename recovery-clockwork-bravo.zip to update.zip?

yes sir!

IZIIZI

IZIIZI

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
there doesnt seem to be a way to partition in this, is that because its reading from sd card? how can i partition ready for rom?

bunglehaze

bunglehaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:vodafone vpa
Hi folks, just getting in to modding my desire after leaving it stock for a while - in any case I flashed my magic plenty of times but alas I am getting in a muddle I think...

I created a goldcard, all went well and got through the riskfree root tutorial with no errors, if I copy across the fake-flash (update.zip) I can boot into the fake-flash recovery just fine, however I cant see how I am supposed to connect via usb to add the rom update.zip without rebooting - if I do that and start the process again I get a standard recovery. Am I missing something or just doing it wrong?

cheers

**** Nevermind, I was being dumb and not noticing the install zip from sd card option that was on the other recoveries I used previously ( very late and no sleep didnt help) - ROM now loaded and I am hvaing a play - thx

Edited by bunglehaze, 02 July 2010 - 04:12 AM.

tk1978

tk1978

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
hi,

it seems, that the fake-flash download link is not working. can you post a mirror oder send it to me by email?

thx!!

thomas

only god can judge me

mbk10

mbk10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure if this is just me, but when I try to flash clockwork via rom manager, it simply says download failed.

Am I doing something wrong?

gmv

gmv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hi,

it seems, that the fake-flash download link is not working. can you post a mirror oder send it to me by email?

thx!!

thomas

Me too please!

dee163

dee163

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
DOWNLOAD SITE IS DOWN

xspyda

xspyda

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

DOWNLOAD SITE IS DOWN

Anyone got another link for this? Or would anyone be kind enough to upload somewhere?

Se7enair

Se7enair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Use the ROM Manager from the Market

Posted Image

xspyda

xspyda

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Use the ROM Manager from the Market

That looks a whole lot easier!

Am I right to think it's just a case of installing this app on a rooted Desire, flash the clockworkmod recovery from within the app and away you go?

Can't make out from the vids if it downloads pre-specified roms for you (selectable in the menu) or if you have to have the rom on your SD card named as update.zip - or both?

Thanks, looks like this could save a lot of time!

SiX-P4cK

SiX-P4cK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Anyone got another link for this? Or would anyone be kind enough to upload somewhere?

+1

Muataz

Muataz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:DESIRE

Edited by Muataz, 04 July 2010 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users