xspyda

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

new link

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzdymwarizn

Thanks for that :)

Sticking to rom manager for now as suggested but thanks for the up.

sterallures

sterallures

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC: Desire, Sensation, One X
Thanks for this! would be great not having to use my mac :) since I still sometimes forget how to push the files xD

and since the first mirror doesn't work anymore Thanks for the new mirror muataz!

Just wanted to try it out to get the new Froyo update on my Desire!

Edited by sterallures, 05 July 2010 - 06:49 AM.

worstenbrood

worstenbrood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4
Koush:

Why dont you just add:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext auto rw

to /etc/fstab instead of

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext ext3 rw

or

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext ext4 rw

?????????????

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Download link updated! :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Hmm so many updates and I still can't use this properly. Just want the power button to confirm and I'll be glad. Very glad.

gregDT

gregDT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:HCT Desire
  • Twitter:@gregDT

That looks a whole lot easier!

Am I right to think it's just a case of installing this app on a rooted Desire, flash the clockworkmod recovery from within the app and away you go?

Can't make out from the vids if it downloads pre-specified roms for you (selectable in the menu) or if you have to have the rom on your SD card named as update.zip - or both?

Thanks, looks like this could save a lot of time!

That is indeed what you can do :-)

GSM HTC Desire
MoDaCo Custom ROM - R9 (FRF91)
A2SD+
ClockworkMod

Sharkiy

Sharkiy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire MoDaCo r9 kitchen
Hi Paul

great work. Easy to use recovery mode. And great rom's. Now I can bake my rom via phone :)

That's more than every cent of my membership worth.

Regards

Hajo

whyleya

whyleya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
How do I install this with ROM Manager?

Robbie Khan

Robbie Khan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Bah, no EXT4 support in any recovery method so far then?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Yeah over on xda someone has ported amonra recovery to desire. Needs permanently flashing through revoked though.

hejne

hejne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
hallo guys
when I download the program it is called recovery-clockwork-bravo and there are no update.zip and if I just rename it my phone can´t find it......
what aam I doing wrong?????

totally newbie :angry:

Johnny Doe

Johnny Doe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:htc desire

So that's another way of rooting phone? I'm confused by ClockworkMod name... =\

I'm also confused, is this another rooting guide or do I already need root access to be able to do this? What does "rooted with a test image" mean, what is a test image?
Is this method related to this one: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=725738 ? Because it also seems to work with the ClockwordMod and Koush seems to be associated with it...

Edited by Johnny Doe, 15 July 2010 - 11:59 PM.

lucablue007

lucablue007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Sounds extremely exciting and wish it was working for me :angry: . I understand that once "recovery-clockwork-bravo.zip" is downloaded it should be renamed as "update.zip" and placed in the sd root folder - is this correct? When trying to "Apply sdcard:update.zip" i just get the opening update package/verifying update package an then:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I guess I must be doing something wrong?

Any clues?

h0mer_

h0mer_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hmm so many updates and I still can't use this properly. Just want the power button to confirm and I'll be glad. Very glad.

when I download the program it is called recovery-clockwork-bravo and there are no update.zip and if I just rename it my phone can´t find it......
what aam I doing wrong?????

To expand a bit on the booting sequence and button combination to get into the clockworkmod recovery mode, as opposed just the native/default recovery mode:

• Make sure you have the update.zip on your sdcard (the ClockwordMod recovery file either downloaded from this thread's link and renamed to update.zip or installed via the 'Rom Manager' app whilst the phone is running a custom rom).
  • Boot into the native phone recovery mode with the handset powered off by holding down the back button whilst tapping the power button.
  • After the phone has booted, use the volume up and down buttons to navigate to the 'Recovery' option. Tap the power button to select this option.
  • When the phone has finished switching to its native recovery mode, hold volume-up button in and press the power button.
  • You should now be presented with a menu listing in blue text on black background.
  • Select the update.zip from the sdcard option and then tap the trackball button to select this option (the power button no longer gets used).
  • The handset will now load the ClockWorkMod recovery console and from here you will be able to navigate to the 'install zip from sdcard' option, follow your nose to the custom rom you want to use and select it with the trackball button.

Does any of that help? :angry:

Sounds extremely exciting and wish it was working for me :D . I understand that once "recovery-clockwork-bravo.zip" is downloaded it should be renamed as "update.zip" and placed in the sd root folder - is this correct? When trying to "Apply sdcard:update.zip" i just get the opening update package/verifying update package an then:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I guess I must be doing something wrong?

Any clues?

Is the update.zip file in the root of your sd card about 2140KB in size? Maybe you've got another file, also called update.zip, there?
Haven't named the file Update.zip ? (capital U?)
What if you goto to the advanced menu option and select the use unsigned zip file option?

redmongoose

redmongoose

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Thanks very much for fake-flash Koush & Paul - works a charm

Hekertv

Hekertv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Note: The recommended install method for fake-flash is now 'ROM Manager' on the Android Market.

This morning, Koush and I have been working on / stumbling through getting recovery running on a Desire without using a PC for devices rooted with a test image. The same technique also applies to the Legend. Presenting...

fake-flash!

Fake-flash using a similar concept to the original root method, it launches a recovery image from the test image recovery, but instead of pushing the files from a PC, the files are extracted from an update.zip on the SD card. Here's how it works...

Preperation

• Download the fake-flash update zip from one of the links below
  • Copy the update.zip to the root of your SD card (the name MUST remain as update.zip)
When you want to launch the recovery image
  • Turn on your device with 'volume down' pressed and select 'Recovery'
  • When the exclamation mark appears, press and hold 'volume up' then press 'power'
  • Select the second option, 'Apply sdcard:update.zip
  • That's it, ClockworkMod recovery should launch! :angry:
Neat eh?

DOWNLOAD

Just to caveat this initial release, we've yet to carry out extensive testing and you are constrained somewhat by the limitations of the stock kernel (e.g. no support for EXT4).

That's it for now... enjoy... i'll update this post as further advances are made. If you'd like to support Koush's work, consider buying 'ROM Manager Premium' from the Android Market.

P

I'm having problems installing this on my Desire:
I press Recovery and a phone apers in my screen,
After i select "Apply sdcard:update.zip"
My phone gifs the following problem: "Signature varification faild, Installation aborted"
It gives me the option to install ones more but the same problem keeps comming up....

Please help me.....

EDIT:
Used a new sd card (same problem)

EDIT (2):
Think I have found it i have (what ever it meens) HBOOT 0.80.0000

Edited by Hekertv, 18 July 2010 - 02:48 PM.

theboxman

theboxman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Herm,Diamond,Desire,Sensation
*great* work guys.

Many thanks.

As regards using this a couple of quick questions:

1. Do I need to use my Goldcard for this? or can I just dump this on my main card?

I'm looking to use this to install a froyo update, pref an OCUV one with the modaco custom rom, and I want A2SD+....

I will be doing this on a new {larger} SD card....

Will this hack be capable given I'll need to create an extended partition? or will I need to create that partition in Ubuntu/use the old method {usb cable}

Slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a good stable OCUV Froyo ROM preferably based on the Modaco Custom one with A2SD+ baked in?

And I seriously owe it to you guys to go Ad Free - Will do as soon as the student loan company pay me :-D Will buy RomManager from the market to show my support too!

Slex

Slex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
this is working just perfect !! Thanks guy's

Br
Alex

Revbreeze

Revbreeze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
this works perfect. Going to upgrade my account soon :-)

Mr Mixalot

Mr Mixalot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Computers, Shopping
  • Devices:LG Google Nexus 4
:D

Thanks Guys

This saved me, installed a custom rom and it wouldn't boot but whenever I went to access Recovery I got the 'exclamation mark' screen

This file has save me, restored from backup and all okay now

Going to try and load the rom again

Thanks again

LG Google Nexus 4
MoDaCo Custom ROM
Very Happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users