last cry for help

Guest kschumake83

Guest kschumake83

i have been reading some android news lately and all i hear about is paul at modaco rooting this device or rooting that device, i have a plea from the backflip community, can you give it a go at the backflip any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest attn1
i have been reading some android news lately and all i hear about is paul at modaco rooting this device or rooting that device, i have a plea from the backflip community, can you give it a go at the backflip any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has he rooted any devices lately that he cannot use on his O2 3G network?

These devices all cost money, and Backflips are not all the same from region to region, so asking him to root the AT&T US version that is never going to be fully functional in Europe is asking an awful lot. I do think he likes a challenge, but really, what's in it for him other than another challenge?

Guest kschumake83
Has he rooted any devices lately that he cannot use on his O2 3G network?

These devices all cost money, and Backflips are not all the same from region to region, so asking him to root the AT&T US version that is never going to be fully functional in Europe is asking an awful lot. I do think he likes a challenge, but really, what's in it for him other than another challenge?

sorry i really didnt know too mutch about him all i know is that i hear about him rooting all sorts of things just figured it was a shot in the dark you know what i mean

Guest attn1
sorry i really didnt know too mutch about him all i know is that i hear about him rooting all sorts of things just figured it was a shot in the dark you know what i mean

Sure, no harm in asking. But Paul's in Europe, where the AT&T version of the Backflip is just not going to be a comparatively good phone to operate, even rooted. So if he's not particularly interested, you can understand why. If I am wrong about this someone will pipe up, I am sure.

At some point the Backflip will get probably get cracked by someone else. If ever an Android phone needed it, it's that one.

Edited by attn1

Guest kschumake83
Sure, no harm in asking. But Paul's in Europe, where the AT&T version of the Backflip is just not going to be a comparatively good phone to operate, even rooted. So if he's not particularly interested, you can understand why. If I am wrong about this someone will pipe up, I am sure.

At some point the Backflip will get probably get cracked by someone else. If ever an Android phone needed it, it's that one.

thats for sure, and i think a custom rom would be less buggy than the factory motorola rom

Guest snoopxr6

Is there any root access for any of the other backflip versions? I currently have one that is used on the Optus - Australia network the software pack however looks relatively stock unlike the AT&T package.