Notion Ink Adam - Awsome Android Tablet

Guest Chris Jenx

Guest Chris Jenx

So If you have had your head in the sand for the last 6 months you wont of heard about the Notion Ink Adam.

Link:

showing it off very cool

Expected this month less than 800$ for the everything model. Starting from 400$.

Now personally I want one and Its meant to be open source.. if so I'm basing my final year project of tablet computing...

IT should be running on a modified version of android. If so (it looks like 1.5 in the prototype) hope we can get it modded, Im sure Paul will be interested!

Let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Chris Jenx

Guest Chris Jenx
That looks interesting!

But somehow I don't really trust that company...

Best regards,

BigBear

LOL really, Considering they have huge backing from Nvidia I wouldn't jump so quick to solutions.. but then again... I don't really trust Apple. So feeling is fairly mutual.

Guest DanWilson
LOL really, Considering they have huge backing from Nvidia I wouldn't jump so quick to solutions.. but then again... I don't really trust Apple. So feeling is fairly mutual.

Sounds kinda like a bad guy in a James Bond film.

Bad Guy - "The feeling is mutual, Mr Bond..."

Bond - "ORLY?"

Bad Guy - "I expect you to die Mr Bond!"

*BANG BANG* (Bond lives and arrests Bad Guy, then sleeps with some random woman)

*Credits roll,

Dan is the KING!*

• 4 months later...
Guest Wickedchild

So... sort of reliving a nearly if not already dead post here... SORRY.

But if anyone has been following, they probably noticed things have started sturring up again with the NotionInk Adam.

So much so that it might be finally coming out of its vaporware shell in the coming month or so... if I got it right at least.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if there were any plans for this tablet here on Modaco...

Im quite certain ill be getting one of these when and if they come out, and I really hope it gets some of that sweet TLC Paul gives away to so many devices :P

• 1 month later...
Guest El Nino9
Besides, there are various Android tablets available on current market. Here is a hot one on androidtablet.

8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet with Fantastic Price

Well, the source of the supplier is :

Android 2.2 OS Tablet

thats some cheap asian make, and its got a rubbish resistive screen, not capacitive screen. doesnt have a dual core processor like this one and doesn't have a camera.

it doesn't even have a sim card slot and the guy selling it on the link you've supplied even says that some 3G usb doggles work, not all. not even a list of compatibility to say the least.

even for that price tag i wound't touch it.

as paul has said, there is no room in todays market for a crappy resistive screen.

also it is a stupid design trying to clone an iPad, whats the point? if you want an iPad buy an iPad..want an android experience then you buy either an advent vega if you want wifi only and theres plenty that will turn up on the market when honeycomb is fully released :P

• 2 weeks later...
the notion ink went on pre-order and was sold out within minutes for the top of the line 2 models before i was even awake so sad

mifran

I m getting a bit skeptical if this device are actually in production after reading various aricles on it.

The only convincing bit of this device even exists is a short paragraph from Pixel Qi's blog saying notion ink will be ordering more pixel Qi screen from them.

I think I'd wait and see. In any case, not really interested in getting the normal LCD version.

And also, would be more interested if the screen is a bit smaller. Pixel Qi will be producing 7' screen next year.

I m getting a bit skeptical if this device are actually in production after reading various aricles on it.

The only convincing bit of this device even exists is a short paragraph from Pixel Qi's blog saying notion ink will be ordering more pixel Qi screen from them.

I think I'd wait and see. In any case, not really interested in getting the normal LCD version.

And also, would be more interested if the screen is a bit smaller. Pixel Qi will be producing 7' screen next year.

I did made a pre order for Notion Inks Pixel QI with Wifi and 3g. I hope I will review it with all details on arrival for Paul and team Modaco to tune it up in kitchen :)