How do You know if its rooted

Guest duryard

Guest duryard

Hi. Just got a pulse mini from flea bay.

Impressed so far

Its unlocked, apprantly by T Mobile

I will need to put some stuff on it and flash to a generic firmware.

So I guess I will need to root it which looking around here does not seem to hard.

The question is can I tell if its already rooted and if I cant tell will it hurt if I "re-root" it aagain?

Thanks

Guest DanWilson
Hi. Just got a pulse mini from flea bay.

Impressed so far

Its unlocked, apprantly by T Mobile

I will need to put some stuff on it and flash to a generic firmware.

So I guess I will need to root it which looking around here does not seem to hard.

The question is can I tell if its already rooted and if I cant tell will it hurt if I "re-root" it aagain?

Thanks

To tell if it's rooted try a root app (Quick Boot, Barnacle, Terminal Emulator - type "su" and see what happens, Root Explorer)

It won't hurt to "re-root" it, although I don't think it's possible!

And I'd say check if it's really unlocked, just incase!

I did the superboot procedure and a Superuser app appeared but whenever an app tries to get root access I just see a message "SU Request" at the top of the phone screen for ages. I have to force the process to close. Anyone know what might have gone wrong?

Guest Azurren
I did the superboot procedure and a Superuser app appeared but whenever an app tries to get root access I just see a message "SU Request" at the top of the phone screen for ages. I have to force the process to close. Anyone know what might have gone wrong?

You have to enable "USB Debugging" in the settings :lol:

Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging

This will give a danger sign notification when plugged in via usb. No negative side effects

Edited by Azurren