I recently got the Pulse Mini, and I have to say I am really impressed. It is a fully featured android 2.1 phone for under £100 with very few concessions. Most of which can be mitigated: the speed was improved with a task manager, the small keyboard by installing big buttons (the advice to install both of which I found in posts on this forum).
The only thing still bugging me is the headphone problem with music sounding poor. I know there is a topic already about it here. I have done a bit of testing and this is what I found:
• With your own headphones if you start the music/video then plug them in they work fine.
• If you plug them in and start the music, then unplug them and reinsert them they work fine.
• If you pause the music for more than a moment you will need to to the uplug-reinsert trick again.
• You know if you need to do this because you can hear faint static in the background.
• The supplied headphones work fine without needing the trick.
So it seems like this problem should also be able to be sidestepped if I could get a 3.5mm adapter which mimicked the headphones supplied with the phone perhaps then I could use my own headphones without having to unplug them each time music is started. But finding one that works might need some trial and error... So does anyone have an iphone/blackberry adapter like this one.
I think there is also a Nokia one
If anyone can help me find something that works, or has a better solution please let me know. Thanks for all the help you have already provided!