Build version: ERD56C

Guest sonicjuice

Guest sonicjuice

Hi all

I recently bought a Nexus One 2nd hand (love it) and am planning to root and install a 2.1 custom ROM (or maybe just go directly to Froyo).

Anyway, looking around here I can see a fair few android build numbers mentioned but I've never seen the build I'm on; ERD56C - I'm assuming this build is waaay old?! My baseband version is 32.18.00.16U_4.01.00.24_3.

It's perfectly fine but I'm thinking it's going to get even better when I upgrade to a newer Android build! :-)

What build was shipped with the original N1s, does anybody know? I also got the AndroidBug waving a flag on the back - no GOOGLE on it anywhere...

Thomas

Guest DanH48

Original version I believe was ERD79. This was what I thought all N1's shipped with so yours is a special one! What hboot version do you have?

Guest sonicjuice

Nope, bootloader is still locked and therefore not rooted (I don't see the unlocked padlock on the initial startup screen and I did the test with the Nexus One Torch app, which doesn't run which I think means it's not rooted).

Another point of interest - I seem to have a different boot animation to what I've seen around the net. I've seen the one where the colours fall into the X from the right and left sides but on mine the colours radiate INTO and OUT of the X diagonally from the corners!?

Guest DanH48
Hey, thanks for replying!

Geez, seems special indeed (and very old) lol - my HBOOT version is 0.33.2008 (PB9910000).

Does it say ENG or SHIP, also S-ON or S-OFF? To me it looks like you have a Holiday phone.

Edited by DanH48

Guest hks18psigst

Could this help with relocking our bootloaders?.. don't root or update until you talk to Paul this could be extremely helpful

Edited by hks18psigst

Guest sonicjuice
Does it say ENG or SHIP, also S-ON or S-OFF? To me it looks like you have a Holiday phone.

How would I find that out? Not sure what you mean....

Guest escagelion
How would I find that out? Not sure what you mean....

switch off your phone and go into the bootloader (keep the trackball while powering on the phone).

At the top of the screen in yellow, there's a S-on or S-OFF. Near that there's something written with ENG or SHIP.

Guest sonicjuice

Okay, it says ENG S-OFF - in that case may this phone possibly be a pre-release version?

Very interesting... :-)

Guest ushim6
Okay, it says ENG S-OFF - in that case may this phone possibly be a pre-release version?

Very interesting... :-)

Ooh, a piece of history! I think the guy above is wondering if it might be useful for us N1 owners to re-lock our bootloader. There is a thing with needing a certain file that disapears after unlock(or something, I honestly don't get it). So if there were somehow less protection in a pre-release version somehow you could get that file that we all want ;)

I guess just message Paul and he'll know fairly quick I bet.

p.s. Can we get some screenies of the "about phone" section and stuff?

Edited by ushim6

Guest sonicjuice

Hey Ushim6 - thanks for the reply!

I've uploaded a couple of photos of the About Phone screen and the back cover with the Droid waving the flag logo.

I also uploaded a video to YouTube of the boot animation on the phone which seems different from the standard animation (not the greatest quality but I'm no expert!)

Thomas :-)

post-696211-1277155581_thumb.jpg

post-696211-1277155597_thumb.jpg

Guest McNexus

I've uploaded a couple of photos of the About Phone screen and the back cover with the Droid waving the flag logo.

I also uploaded a video to YouTube of the boot animation on the phone which seems different from the standard animation (not the greatest quality but I'm no expert!)

It would be awesome to get a dump of that boot screen animation! ;)

Guest AndrewTan

I want your back cover! cool! This is Holiday phone.

Holiday phone - not initial release for market, it can be considered a test phone, the person selling you probably working with or related with google. Or maybe just one of the phone reviewer.

Guest Batkoto
I want your back cover! cool! This is Holiday phone.

Holiday phone - not initial release for market, it can be considered a test phone, the person selling you probably working with or related with google. Or maybe just one of the phone reviewer.

Scan the barcode on the back and you will receive 7day holiday for 2.....

Thats why is called holiday phone ...... LOL

Just couldn't resist myself, sorry guys .... ;) :(

P.S. The game is pretty cool thou

Edited by Batkoto

Guest houstonblaney1

You got sold one of the "dogfooding" phones. Definitely an early build of 2.1 (Eclair). It's odd that the bootloader isn't already unlocked as the phone you have was a Google test phone. If my memory serves me correctly, the QR Code on the back of the phone (on the flag) should be for the following site: www.android.com/holidays. Nowadays, that link just redirects you to www.android.com.

Same as the phone pics engadget (and pretty much every other tech blog on the face of the planet) came up with.

And I think ushim6 is right on the money here. I'm also guessing someone would like to mess around with your phone a bit to see if it has any clues on re-locking the bootloader (I'm not for re-locking, but hey, to each their own). You certainly do own a piece of geek history. ;)

Guest Batkoto
You got sold one of the "dogfooding" phones. Definitely an early build of 2.1 (Eclair). It's odd that the bootloader isn't already unlocked as the phone you have was a Google test phone. If my memory serves me correctly, the QR Code on the back of the phone (on the flag) should be for the following site: www.android.com/holidays. Nowadays, that link just redirects you to www.android.com.

Same as the phone pics engadget (and pretty much every other tech blog on the face of the planet) came up with.

And I think ushim6 is right on the money here. I'm also guessing someone would like to mess around with your phone a bit to see if it has any clues on re-locking the bootloader (I'm not for re-locking, but hey, to each their own). You certainly do own a piece of geek history. ;)

Correction, if you are opening the link from your PC, yes you will be redirected to www.android.com

but if you are opening the link from your device (N1) it will open www.android.com/holidays where you can play android customized memory game

Edited by Batkoto

Guest sonicjuice
Correction, if you are opening the link from your PC, yes you will be redirected to www.android.com

but if you are opening the link from your device (N1) it will open www.android.com/holidays where you can play android customized memory game

Lol, cool - will definitely be having a go! :-)

Btw, I PM'd Paul to give him the heads up - will let you know if he comes back to me..

Guest ChrisSpera
Lol, cool - will definitely be having a go! :-)

Btw, I PM'd Paul to give him the heads up - will let you know if he comes back to me..

Cool! looking forward to the answer!