Build version: ERD56C

Guest sonicjuice

Guest hks18psigst
Pretty sure he doesn't have a custom recovery..

if you use adb... adb pull /system/media/bootanimation.zip could work..

EDIT:

adb devices

adb remount

adb pull /system/media/bootanimation.zip

think you need root for this tho :-(

Edited by hks18psigst

Guest sonicjuice
if you use adb... adb pull /system/media/bootanimation.zip could work..

EDIT:

adb devices

adb remount

adb pull /system/media/bootanimation.zip

think you need root for this tho :-(

No - no need for root to do this seemingly, the instructions above worked fine.

I've attached the zip file - MrNameless, if you include it in one of your ROMs give me a mention! ;-)

ERD56C_bootanimation.zip

Guest escagelion

I've attached the zip file - MrNameless, if you include it in one of your ROMs give me a mention! ;-)

Did you try the "torch" app on the market to konw if your device is already rooted. Because, as far as I know, root access is required to make an "adb remount"

Guest ultrabrite

@escagelion

Nope, bootloader is still locked and therefore not rooted (I don't see the unlocked padlock on the initial startup screen and I did the test with the Nexus One Torch app, which doesn't run which I think means it's not rooted).

Guest escagelion
@escagelion

hum... the back of his device looks like the developers' one. So i assume there's something not usual.

Try, without a root access, to get an "adb remount", you should have "adb permission denied"... so yes, root access is required to make an "adb remount". That's why his version can help us to get a way to have root access without the open lock.

Guest MrNameless

sure ;)

Guest sonicjuice
hum... the back of his device looks like the developers' one. So i assume there's something not usual.

Try, without a root access, to get an "adb remount", you should have "adb permission denied"... so yes, root access is required to make an "adb remount". That's why his version can help us to get a way to have root access without the open lock.

Yes, I tried the Torch app which failed to run.

I plugged the N1 into the USB port and turned on USB debugging - I then entered the adb remount command which failed with the error:

remount failed: Operation not permitted

I then just went ahead and did the adb pull which extracted the .zip file no problem.

Guest ultrabrite

hey, escagelion! je suis content de trouver un français en ta personne... et moi aussi je présume, comme il s’agit bien d’un Dev Phone, qu’il y a quelque chose qui n’est pas ordinaire. c’est pourquoi j’avais posté ce message en réponse. C’est un sujet passionnant :( !

(je ne commettrai pas plus d’impolitesse en m’exprimant en français :) )

as it’s indeed a Dev Phone, there is something unusual, of courses.

amazing thread ;) !

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest sonicjuice

I PM'd Paul about it but no response (well, he is a very busy man doing a load of other things, judging by his tweets!).

I'm keen to get the phone flashed up to Froyo though - does anyone think there's any value in the comment about the phone being useful in the efforts to re-lock the bootloader, and I should wait (or re-double my efforts) for a response from Paul?

Guest McNexus

Thanks for the bootanimation! Not sure which i like most - this or the original, but its definitely awesome!

Edited by McNexus

Guest bedwa

Holy cripes! I love that bootloader! If there is ANY way you could dump that for us it would be appreciated. Thanks for the look at history. :lol:

Could possibly use adb and pull the bootloader.

Nm, helps if I read..... :D

Edited by bedwa

Guest Phily
...You certainly do own a piece of geek history. :D

Geek/phone history yes, but not rare.

There was about 15-20k of those phones given by Google :lol:

Edited by Phily