Streak Bugs

Guest hobochangba

Guest hobochangba

Hi,

Praps we can get a list of bugs together and fire it over to dell?

Heres my gripe so far.

1) With headphones plugged in you can change the track/pause music but only if the screen is on not if the device is in your pocket.

I have a couple - either bugs or just not doing something right:

1) Android Market - when in portrait, if you look at a long list of apps it only shows the the number you see on screen, it doesn't load any more once you get to the bottom of the list - if you view in portrait then it works fine, scroll to the bottom and it continues to load more of the app list.

2) When creating the Home/Room screens there should be an option to set which is the 'middle' one - the one that you get to when you press the Home button a few times - just seems to default to the second from left, which is fine if you have 3 as it's then the middle one, but if you have 5 it ain't. Small thing but it annoys me!

3) No Service problem - there's a separate topic for this, but it's an absolute killer for me - makes browsing or any internet access over 3G practically unusable.

Guest WilhelmsBrick
2) When creating the Home/Room screens there should be an option to set which is the 'middle' one - the one that you get to when you press the Home button a few times - just seems to default to the second from left, which is fine if you have 3 as it's then the middle one, but if you have 5 it ain't. Small thing but it annoys me!

I have to say that is the ultimate annoyance for me, after setting up my 'middle' screen with everything I wanted, and mulling it over for a little while I then went and just deleted the screen with facebook and twitter on it - assuming I could later on add another screen and set it to the left.

So my home screen is on the bloody left, gargh. I just deleted the other screens and have everything in folders on the one screen now because I'm too lazy re-do everything.

Guest DellStreakUser
1) Android Market - when in portrait, if you look at a long list of apps it only shows the the number you see on screen, it doesn't load any more once you get to the bottom of the list - if you view in portrait then it works fine, scroll to the bottom and it continues to load more of the app list.

This happens to me also, its annoying and one I'd like to see fixed.

Also I have one to add, when I view videos on YouTube, or I listen to music and I want to turn the volume up or down, I find it quite annoying to have a huge box with the volume slider in it, just at the top of the screen would do. Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else?

Guest courtlandre

5) The keyboard sometimes shrinks to the left a little bit making it hard to use. I cant reproduce this, but its happened on 2-3 occasions.

Guest THJahar

I've got a weird one....

at about 8.30am the phone decides to add about 20 minutes onto it's time, then about 9.00am it goes back to normal?

Guest DellStreakUser
I've got a weird one....

at about 8.30am the phone decides to add about 20 minutes onto it's time, then about 9.00am it goes back to normal?

Is that the phone sensing your slow at getting ready for work, so its rushing you? Ahh.... technology.

I notice also what courtlandre said regarding the keyboard issue, I have this too, but I am unable to replicate the issue.

Guest Asphytxtc
5) The keyboard sometimes shrinks to the left a little bit making it hard to use. I cant reproduce this, but its happened on 2-3 occasions.

I've had this one too, same again, cant reproduce.. I've also had an issue when typing text, the phone will stop updating the text box (no new letters appear, cant delete what's there either). If you rotate the phone to portrait then the text you typed appears when the screen is rotated. It's like the box is receiving the typing, just not updating the display if that makes sense?

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Ive had the keyboard issue too. And probably just my fat thumbs but nearly every time I go to press the N or M buttons it registers as space. I think with the size of the think the keyboard could of been better. Keep meaning to go get swype.

Guest joedr3dd09

Hello all

Has anyone noticed that playing media ie video or mp3's is not very loud out of the speakers, i have also tried with external speakers via the line out to parrot partty speakers and even on full media volume its not very loud?

Edited by joedr3dd09

Guest WilhelmsBrick
Hello all

Has anyone noticed that playing media ie video or mp3's is not very loud out of the speakers, i have also tried with external speakers via the line out to parrot partty speakers and even on full media volume its not very loud?

Hmmm, deffo not had that one, plays really loud out of back speaker and(well louder than my iphone was) and I use aux input for speaker system at work, sounds perfectly clear and gets nice and loud. You dont happen to have the max volume knocked down in audio setting do you? Could be worth a check.

Guest joedr3dd09
Hmmm, deffo not had that one, plays really loud out of back speaker and(well louder than my iphone was) and I use aux input for speaker system at work, sounds perfectly clear and gets nice and loud. You dont happen to have the max volume knocked down in audio setting do you? Could be worth a check.

Hello checked all the volume settings and the are all near max, ring tone seems loudish, but still same issue with videos etc,even when the slider is near the top

Guest courtlandre

Is it media you are converting? Do things like game and youtube videos get loud? Have you tried a different media player?

Guest hobochangba

Noticed another.

The Music app searches the whole SD card for mp3's and automatically adds them to the library.

So far its added 620 odd in game samples from gameloft games which is a bit annoying as they keep coming up in my random playlist.

Anyone know of a good media player which you can lock down to one directory?

Noticed another.

The Music app searches the whole SD card for mp3's and automatically adds them to the library.

So far its added 620 odd in game samples from gameloft games which is a bit annoying as they keep coming up in my random playlist.

Using a .nomedia file should work - I have one in the CoPilot directory and the sounds don't show up in the default Music Player. Create a text file on your pc and copy it across to the SD card, then in a file explorer app (Astro for example), rename it to .nomedia and then copy it to any directory you don't want scanned.

Guest hobochangba
Using a .nomedia file should work - I have one in the CoPilot directory and the sounds don't show up in the default Music Player. Create a text file on your pc and copy it across to the SD card, then in a file explorer app (Astro for example), rename it to .nomedia and then copy it to any directory you don't want scanned.

OK cheers will give it a go. Would still make more sense to specify a directory rather than have to exclude everything else

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Re the all sounds appearing in the Music Player I'm using iSynR to transfer all my Albums from iTunes to the Streak and none of my other sounds from Co-Pilot or any other program are appearing in my Music Player but i don't have any ring tones as am not using mine for voice just data. I also have to say iSyncR works really well to and it's easy to update when you add Music to your iTunes Library and then want it added to your Streak you also have lots of options for choosing what you want synced to and it was $2.99 well spent IMO.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest TomDroid
Hi all,

Re the all sounds appearing in the Music Player I'm using iSynR to transfer all my Albums from iTunes to the Streak and none of my other sounds from Co-Pilot or any other program are appearing in my Music Player but i don't have any ring tones as am not using mine for voice just data. I also have to iSyncR works really well to and it's easy to update when you add Music to your iTunes Library and then want it added to your Streak you also have lots of options for choosing what you want synced to and it was $2.99 well spent IMO.

Marc

Marc, did you upgrade to iSyncR from the lite version or just go ahead & buy the full version?

Reason I ask is that I am using the lite version & want to upgrade to the full version, but I don't want to reload all my playlists that I have already set up!

Ta

Guest Dogmann55

Hi TomDroid,

I tried the Lite version first to see if it was any good and if i liked it or not before buying it once i was happy with it i then removed the Lite Version and bought the full version via the Market as one of the other things i like about iSyncR is that it works with the built in Player and Widget as hate downloading a duplicate app for no good reason. I can't answer you about Playlists as just don't have any or use them i just move my Albums across. But if the Playlists already exist in iTunes i don't understand why you would need to create them again surely that would just re sync across again? i haven't had any problems with iSyncR although it is a little slow at syncing it's nothing to bad IMO especially as all i do now is add new Music occasionally.

Marc

Guest Smartstradamus

Lastnight my streak failed to respond when I pressed the standby/power button.

The streak was definitely on coz id left it that way but it wouldnt come out of the sleep state.

I tried long pressing the power button but nothing happened.

I had to remove and replace the battery to get it working again!

And on top of the "no service" issue,my streak never regains service if it loses it.

Didnt have any problems until last week ,now it seems I have the same problems as everybodyelse plus more.

Guest hobochangba
Noticed another.

I'll reply to myself here. Just downloaded the app MixZing. Let me specify a Music root folder. Also lets me skip/pause music using the headphone thing while the screen is off. Superb!

;)

Guest popetodd

Got another one here, happens on my wifes phone as well so I know it's not just the particular handset:

Pressing answer call button on incoming call randomly causes device to go to sleep and drop the call.

Looks like a firmware problem.

Edited by popetodd

Guest TomDroid
Hi TomDroid,

I tried the Lite version first to see if it was any good and if i liked it or not before buying it once i was happy with it i then removed the Lite Version and bought the full version via the Market as one of the other things i like about iSyncR is that it works with the built in Player and Widget as hate downloading a duplicate app for no good reason. I can't answer you about Playlists as just don't have any or use them i just move my Albums across. But if the Playlists already exist in iTunes i don't understand why you would need to create them again surely that would just re sync across again? i haven't had any problems with iSyncR although it is a little slow at syncing it's nothing to bad IMO especially as all i do now is add new Music occasionally.

Marc

Cheers Marc, sounds good to me.

The reason I was worried about the playlists is because I use MixZing which has a few custom playlists in it that aren't on iTunes, but might be called very similar names!!

Gonna download it now. ;)