• 3 posts
  • Devices:GT540
is it worth to update this version:
2.1 Black Edition by Quarx (-->german)
to this "new" version (i don't know the language, but i hope englisch):

Europe Open V20B http://csmg.lgmobile..._00/V20B_00.kdz
:)

what is the difference?

Edited by Cacher2, 16 December 2010 - 06:21 PM.

sheriffy77

sheriffy77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Not nice........ ;)

Yesterday i upgraded with the KDZ updater form 1.6 to the new V20B Greek rom and my phone was working OK but i got the feeling 1.6 was a bit more responsive.
I read al lot of messages from people stating the greek V20A was working smoother compared to 1.6, so today i flashed the greek V20A using de KDZ updater.

But now my data connection 3G is no longer working, it was fine yesterday after the first flash to V20B so i reflashed back to the same version V20B that was working OK yesterday but you guessed it right ..... NO 3G. Tried many differen APN settings, factory resets but no solution.

I searched the forum and found a lot of 3G problems with the 2.1 update, but no solution, maybe i have not searched good enough ....

Is there a solution for my problem, or is my phone from now on a much lesser "smart" phone.

Update:
:) YES YES all back to normal again normal 3G connection !
Seems that a standaard factory reset is not enough, a hard reset did the trick !!

LG GT540 hard reset LG Optimus full reset
WARNING: All of your data and installed applications will be lost!

Press both VOLUME UP + HOME + SEARCH buttons for 5 sec.

Edited by sheriffy77, 17 December 2010 - 11:46 AM.

Djolle

Djolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus
Hmmm... interesting... I'm updated from Europe Open 20A to 20B - smoothly. Update did NOT erase anything but it is UPDATED!!! :)

Of course, I did a factory reset afterwards as caution. ;)

kernelerror

kernelerror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540

Phone: LG GT540
Rom: EleganceSwift 5.0
Launcher: Go Launcher EX

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Hmmm... interesting... I'm updated from Europe Open 20A to 20B - smoothly. Update did NOT erase anything but it is UPDATED!!! :)

Of course, I did a factory reset afterwards as caution. ;)

Good Morning sherlock ! ;) You found out what everybody knows already ! :D

Using: CyanogenMod7 (2.3.5) @ GT540 Swiftdroid2 RC3 by Mur4ik.

Maolensips

Maolensips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Question?
Ive got GT540
I would like to know how can i change my memory usage to SDcard. Caus when i download stuff from Market, then mobile memory gets full. But i would like them to go on SDcard.
Ive searched, but cant find the way.

fishears

fishears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:GT540, SwiftDroid 1.2 (CM7)
Well, I finally got the balls to try again and it worked out pretty good. I flashed the Europe Open V20B and rooted with Z4Root.
Only thing is I don't get any boot animations - no LG logo, no Android logo (I do get the Android sound) - just black screen...

Anyone else get that or know of a fix?

Thanks for your support!!!

Dionysos

Dionysos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Complete country list for GT540

http://csmg.lgmobile...jsp?model=GT540

markisioful

markisioful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Well, I finally got the balls to try again and it worked out pretty good. I flashed the Europe Open V20B and rooted with Z4Root.
Only thing is I don't get any boot animations - no LG logo, no Android logo (I do get the Android sound) - just black screen...

Anyone else get that or know of a fix?

Thanks for your support!!!

I have the same problem .... do u find a solution ??? please replay me !!!!

00Tarek00

00Tarek00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
guys any Arabic ROM for 2.1 ?????????

LarsPT

LarsPT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Guys I want to thank everyone in this thread for all the valuable input.

I just flashed my GT540 to the open european V20B and all went smoothly at my first attempt. I used the KDZ with windows enabler as explained previously in this thread.

The only thing I found not working so far is the sims 3. I don't really care for that but would like to try it out if anyone has ideas on how to make it work they are welcome. The EA logo appears but then it crashes back to applications menu.

Big thanks to all of you!
Bruno

Djolle

Djolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

The only thing I found not working so far is the sims 3. I don't really care for that but would like to try it out if anyone has ideas on how to make it work they are welcome. The EA logo appears but then it crashes back to applications menu.

Hi, just go to LG official site from your computer, find GT540 Optimus and there is a link to download additional files for Sims 3 to work (inside archive is a step-by-step tutorial). Archive is ~11MB.
;)

Cheers!

p.s.-Let me know if you find it... if you don't find I will post a link. :)

Edited by Djolle, 23 December 2010 - 08:30 PM.

Underdog2k9

Underdog2k9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Happy X-Mas to all German Users and of course, to all others.
http://csmg.lgmobile..._00/V20A_00.kdz The German Version, or update via LG Suite.

LarsPT

LarsPT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, just go to LG official site from your computer, find GT540 Optimus and there is a link to download additional files for Sims 3 to work (inside archive is a step-by-step tutorial). Archive is ~11MB.

I did find it, but it was a bit more than 11MB... more like 84 ;)

I must say I'm not liking 2.1 very much... I'm not saying it's worse than 1.6... but there are a few things I don't like. eg. When I'm typing an sms or any other thing why can't I turn off the sound from key strokes?

And why can't I choose a notification sound from my SD card, only the android default ones? I want to have my own incoming sms notification sound...

I mean... those seem like basic functionalities to me... no?

And btw, merry Xmas to y'all :(

EDIT: And another thing, no file manager??

Edited by LarsPT, 25 December 2010 - 06:09 PM.

Djolle

Djolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Ooups... my bad! ;)

I must say I'm not liking 2.1 very much... I'm not saying it's worse than 1.6... but there are a few things I don't like. eg. When I'm typing an sms or any other thing why can't I turn off the sound from key strokes?

And why can't I choose a notification sound from my SD card, only the android default ones? I want to have my own incoming sms notification sound...

You CAN turn off the sound from keystrokes under settings of LG IME (Settings, Language & Keyboards) ;)

If you need to put your own sound file for notification use RingsExtended from Android Market. ;)
If you need file manager, GO to Android Market and download one - there are plenty of them (personaly I use ASTRO - paid version) ;)

EDIT: merry Xmas to you too! :P

Edited by Djolle, 25 December 2010 - 06:35 PM.

Pluton15

Pluton15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Lg GT 540 Optimus

My dear Android phone is not for you ;)

You can:
- turn off keystroke sound
- add notification sound from SD card or any other sound files (try Tone Picker from market)
- add file manager from market. It is free. I prefer (ES file explorer)

And btw, merry Xmas

Underdog2k9

Underdog2k9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

You don't need a special app for that, just put the sounds you want in sdcard/media/notifications and you can pick them.

LarsPT

LarsPT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I knew that if I talked trash about android you guys would jump off your seats to prove me wrong. Loved it, worked like a charm. Thanks guys, sorry about the offtopic :(

Peter Lairo

Peter Lairo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 (Android 1.6)
The official German update to Android 2.1 for the LG GT540 is now available! Finally!

I used the "LGMobile update" program (which is auto-launched from the "LG PC Suite IV" program).

rsmart

rsmart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Pleeeeeaseeeeeeeee help me !

I have an LG OPTIMUS , o2 network , uk , bought from carphone warehouse.

I would like to update my 1.6 to a 2.1 but i have no idea how to and i dont really understand what people are talking about here ;)

Could anyone give me a step by step guide how to update my phone to a 2.1? :( Thanks if anyone does choose to help me ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users