LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Hi guys,

LG will release 2.x ROMs free for users (officially)? Or only in 3rd party sites (like here in modaco and others?

Actually, where I can find official LG ROMs (if exists)?

Regards.

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Hi guys,

LG will release 2.x ROMs free for users (officially)? Or only in 3rd party sites (like here in modaco and others?

Actually, where I can find official LG ROMs (if exists)?

Regards.

the first post is full OFFICAL LG roms from the lg server

Edited by Ev1lM0nk3y

Guest onlinejobwork
Sucessfully updated

Rom: O2-UK V10C

Updater: LG-Utils-0.4.2

KP500-Utils-EN

post-730111-1281129054_thumb.jpg

Phone updated

post-730111-1281129063_thumb.jpg

Even though it got released today the date is JUL-15-2010

DZ_GT540AT-00-V10c-234-10-JUL-15-2010.dz

Hi i just got my phone from cpw uk ,

kernel ver: 2.6.29

software ver: GT540-V10a-JUN-24-2010

CAN I UPDATE WITH SUHHESTED O2 VERSION OR MINE ONE LATEST ALREADY?

URVISH

Guest tonyv2
The O2 rom is newer

Hi i have a gt540 from cfw with GT540-V10a-JUN-24-2010

but i can't root it with this method from this board:-

- Enter the code '3845#*540#'

- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission' .....

i get to 'Stability Test' menu but there is no enable 'Enable Root Permission' option

does this method of rooting work on the new rom

somebody mentioned that androot works on the gt540 though i am a bit wary using a binary to root phone my preference is to compile my own

this seemed (http://github.com/shakalaca/UniversalAndroot) to be an answer but it does not exist anymore does anyone have source code of androot.

Guest Tinderbox (UK)

I have had the same problem rooting as the poster above, and i used the universal androot v1.5.3 , I have just used v 1.6.1 you linked above, but i still cannot get free titanium backup to work, it say root not installed, now i have run other apps that need root and they work fine, I have read that titanium backup needs busybox to be installed but it`s not a simple job, but i have heard also that the payed titanium backup includes busybox so it should work fine, but i have not tried this as i dont want to waste what limited money i have.

Thanks.

John.

Also i read that android 2.1 for the gt540 was getting released on the 14th of august, yesterday but i have not heard anything else, must be wrong, oh well lets see what next week brings.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/18681348/file.html Here is the link for "android root" with one click and poweruser permissions. Have fun:)

Guest onlinejobwork
Hi i have a gt540 from cfw with GT540-V10a-JUN-24-2010

but i can't root it with this method from this board:-

- Enter the code '3845#*540#'

- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission' .....

i get to 'Stability Test' menu but there is no enable 'Enable Root Permission' option

does this method of rooting work on the new rom

somebody mentioned that androot works on the gt540 though i am a bit wary using a binary to root phone my preference is to compile my own

this seemed (http://github.com/shakalaca/UniversalAndroot) to be an answer but it does not exist anymore does anyone have source code of androot.

Got same problem in mine from carphonewarehouse uk there us not option calle 'Enable Root Permision'

Guest Tinderbox (UK)

Have you tried manualy flashing your gt540 to one of the roms on post 1 of this thread, you might get the 'Enable Root Permision' option then.

The simple root for the gt540 does not work anyway, lots of utils say that there is not root enabled.

What network are you on?

Got same problem in mine from carphonewarehouse uk there us not option calle 'Enable Root Permision'
Edited by Tinderbox (UK)

Guest tonyv2

]

Is there a way i can manually upgrade(change) rom with a lg tool downloaded from lg i am a bit wary about exposing my phone to downloaded from rapidshare ect files rather than source code, as the phone has this vulnerability to the exploid exploit .There is source code in the apk (zip) for the arm binary from http://github.com/shakalaca/UniversalAndroot which has exactly the same contents as the link http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/18681348/file.html the beginning of the apk is different?

The source code has been modified from this http://c-skills.blogspot.com/2010/07/android-trickery.html (the originater of exploid) which has some details about the exploit.

contents of readme in file from c-skills:-

This code is under the GPL.

It comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY, and you cant blame

me for any damage it may cause.

This program may make your device completely unusable and broken.

You may loose all your data and warranty of the device!

The program is intended for educational and demonstration

purposes only.

</ATTENTION>

This is a software-only jailbreak for most android devices.

It was successfully tested on the G1 and the Milestone.

The ARM binary itself is not provided in order to not show up

as a VX trader in the AV databases as happened to some other

reasearchers before. Do not blame me.

However it is likely that compiled binaries appear soon.

Take care not to use a trojanized version!

If you dont have a cross compile setup for ARM/android, ask

a friend to do it for you or use one from trusted sources.

Hand the binary over to your friends who need it along with this

tarball/README.

Change the secret inside the .c file so that evil applications cannot

abuse your jailbreaked phone.

The jailbreak must be executed from inside /sqlite_stmt_journals

directory and if it doesnt exist from /data/local/tmp and

if it doesnt exist from any other executable and writable

location (in that order!).

Follow the instructions to create the "rootshell" application

which you can then invoke from your terminal or adb shell.

NOTE: Might happen on some devices that the image where /system

is mounted doesnt have enough free space to carry the rootshell

(dont forget to strip!). Then you could just chmod /system/bin/sh

to 04755 and skip the copy of the exploid. But be warned that

any evil application may execute commands as root then.

For the Google Engineers: The vulnerability is inside init,

perfectly porting old udev's CVE-2009-1185. Exploitation sounds easy

therefore but only the experianced will recognize its beauty

END Quote

Adding all this together implies that a malicious hack can take complete control of the phone it appears please correct me if wrong that only the java and not the binary is signed.Though the java would have to toggle the wifi or another hotplug device or fool the user into doing so.I have heard that google does not screen the apps as they are put on the market place.If this is true i am suprised that there haven't been some trojan apps on android marketplace.The only thing i have heard is that an app("academic" test of security) was removed (remotely) from peoples phone by google because it phoned home and gave the maker the ability to upload code to the phone in preperation of an exploit.I have links if anyone doesn't already know about it.

I was hoping somebody would have the source code that has been taken down from http://github.com/shakalaca/UniversalAndroot but the source code in

the apk for androot 1.6 looks sufficient but more work. Maybe i am being a bit too cautious but a virus in my phone is potentially quite expensive.Its good that people have found backdoors (so we can root) but without a modded rom we can't lock the door behind us.

answereing other guys question:

the phone is unlocked. On t-mobile at moment bought six months of internet with 20 topup i had to buy (cash customer) .So sim on gt540 has unlimited internet and no topup for calls so is safe from fianancial problems with trojans if i don't put other sim in.

Guest onlinejobwork
V10b for Taiwan http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10B_00.kdz with a 2010-08-23 update date (haven't tried to install it) and same for Hong Kong http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10B_00.kdz

I found following error when I try your given link i think its not working

Not Found

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.

Guest TheLostSwede
I found following error when I try your given link i think its not working

Not Found

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.

Sorry, my bad, didn't notice my browser changed the links back to the previous version I tried, the links above are now correct.

Edited by TheLostSwede

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Would I be right in thinking one of these ROM updates would unlock the phones network? Need it on Orange and it's locked to O2. >.<

It'll still be locked afterwards.

What you need, is to go to a phone shop, like the scabby ones that you see in markets, etc, and pay them the £15 or whatever it is to get it network unlocked.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest Nyckchoo

Hello,

I'm french, excuse my english

I ave 1 GT540 and the firmware is FR Bouygues.

I want to change the firmware with another operator??

This effect is it possible? Do I make special handling?

Please,

What suffix should I use to download the firmware in French or French sfr

Thanks

Edited by Nyckchoo

Guest he6rt6gr6m

I really hope we won't have to do all this to get 2.1 when it's released, whenever that may be. But, knowing my luck, we will have to...

Right now, I'm not tinkering until I have to. :huh:

Guest TheLostSwede
Hello,

I'm french, excuse my english

I ave 1 GT540 and the firmware is FR Bouygues.

I want to change the firmware with another operator??

This effect is it possible? Do I make special handling?

Please,

What suffix should I use to download the firmware in French or French sfr

Thanks

Not if it's networked locked, no, that's not what a firmware upgrade is for. Have a look here instead http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...im-unlock-code/ but it requires that you've purchased a SIM unlock code from somewhere.

Guest he6rt6gr6m

I asked this above. You have to get it unlocked by someone with one of those unlock-boxes. A ROM update will NOT remove the sim-lock.

I got mine unlocked for about £8 by e-unlocks at eBay: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/e-unlocks

They took a day or so to get back to me, but others have been done instantly. :huh:

Edited by he6rt6gr6m

Guest onlinejobwork
First of the open European firmwares are out http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10C_00.kdz

Now where's 2.1?

Have u tryied this? I try O2 10C version from Microsoft VMWARE of Windows XP, at end it give me some arror and I was so tarrified and I thought I bricked my phone but after few minitus everything was fine, which is the proper and safest method and operating system for flashing?

Thanks

Urvish