• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

av8consultants

av8consultants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung galaxy s
I too had the same problems as I had only had my phone for a few days and had downloaded software when the flashing screen when connecting to PC happened. Prior to that I first had problems when i connected to the pc for the first time after installing KIES software. I had to reinstall the drivers from the disc supplied with phone and I got it working. However it will not connect if you are not in the home screen and the phone is locked.

After getting that fixed 2 days later I had downloaded Soundhound from the android market. No probs with the app on the phone but later when I reconnected to the computer the phones' screen starts flashing and the pc wont recognise the phone in 'my computer'".
After hunting around on the net for the problem I have found the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delete Soundhound from applications list on phone by going to settings/manage applications/ pick the app and delete it. Then go back to apps and pick"my files" and you will find a soundhound folder and delete that too. Problem fixed! Your best bet is to not use Keis and just use my computer on pc to manage files. :huh: ;) :(
I''m no techy but sites like this help us dum dums... thanks.

Dan Mullen

Dan Mullen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Interests:Football (Sunderland AFC), snooker, tennis and darts. Also, PS3 games, creating dynamic websites and watching films.
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Cube U30GT II
  • Twitter:@danmullen

I too had the same problems as I had only had my phone for a few days and had downloaded software when the flashing screen when connecting to PC happened. Prior to that I first had problems when i connected to the pc for the first time after installing KIES software. I had to reinstall the drivers from the disc supplied with phone and I got it working. However it will not connect if you are not in the home screen and the phone is locked.

After getting that fixed 2 days later I had downloaded Soundhound from the android market. No probs with the app on the phone but later when I reconnected to the computer the phones' screen starts flashing and the pc wont recognise the phone in 'my computer'".
After hunting around on the net for the problem I have found the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delete Soundhound from applications list on phone by going to settings/manage applications/ pick the app and delete it. Then go back to apps and pick"my files" and you will find a soundhound folder and delete that too. Problem fixed! Your best bet is to not use Keis and just use my computer on pc to manage files. :huh: ;) :(
I''m no techy but sites like this help us dum dums... thanks.

I've had similar issues myself and the solution is just to delete the Soundhound folder from the internal SD. It contains cache files with odd names that Kies doesn't like for some reason. You can leave the application installed and it will run fine next time you use it.

Dan Mullen » http://www.mullen.org.uk
Stunshot - Web Hosting and Development » http://www.stunshot.com
Simply Dial - Cheap International Calls » http://www.simply-dial.co.uk

n.v.vandenbergh

n.v.vandenbergh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Is anyone else having trouble connecting their Galaxy to a PC? I don't know whether mine is faulty or not. Downloaded the Samsung Kies software but when I plug in the Galaxy Windows is unable to find a MTP USB device driver and the phone refuses to connect. This happens on both XP and Windows 7. Also the Galaxy has a complete fit and keeps flashing between the home screen and MTP application screen while it's connected. And I don't get the usual Android option to mount for file transfer. Am I missing something?

i just found the solution after some hard work:

delete the soundhound folder from your phone.............

so easy! it worked for me and it's worth the shot right?

now i'm happy:D

Dan Mullen

Dan Mullen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Interests:Football (Sunderland AFC), snooker, tennis and darts. Also, PS3 games, creating dynamic websites and watching films.
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Cube U30GT II
  • Twitter:@danmullen

i just found the solution after some hard work:

delete the soundhound folder from your phone.............

so easy! it worked for me and it's worth the shot right?

now i'm happy:D

See my previous post... :huh:

Dan Mullen » http://www.mullen.org.uk
Stunshot - Web Hosting and Development » http://www.stunshot.com
Simply Dial - Cheap International Calls » http://www.simply-dial.co.uk

Bluegray

Bluegray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
I had the same exact problem. Unit kept flashing the home screen and the USB screen non-stop in Kies USB mode. As suggested, I formatted the internal SD and it solved the problem. Un-mounting the internal SD was not sufficient for me but formatting solved the problem.

Thanks!!! :P

Johnny Aywah

Johnny Aywah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
Hi guys,

what data loss can i expect from an Internal SD format?

cheers and sorry to be such a n00b

Pud

Pud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II I8000
  • Twitter:@Pud3000
This was driving me insane!
Uninstalled SoundHound and it still did it and couldn't find any folders relating to it through the default file browser. Using Titanium Backup I found and deleter the f'ers!
Pretty average that Samsung could let such a nominal problem cause so much havoc. Isn't that what testing is for?

Edited by Pud, 12 September 2010 - 08:29 AM.

Pud

Pud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II I8000
  • Twitter:@Pud3000

Hi guys,

what data loss can i expect from an Internal SD format?

cheers and sorry to be such a n00b

Almost everything.
Contactrs, Pics, SMS, Music. Anything that's non default.

prof1967

prof1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I was having exactly the same problems with Keis and my Galaxy S until yesterday.

I decided to have a spring clean and do a complete reinstall of Windows Vista (32-bit) on my HP laptop. I then ran Windows Update which took a long time ass there were 103 updates required. I then reinstalled Kies, let it auto update to the latest version, set USB connection to Samsung Kies and conencted the USB cable. Amazingly everything worked. Phone is now visible in Kies, Windows Media Player 11 etc.

I made no changes to the Galaxy S (deleting file extensions over 16 characters or removing any applications), didn't download any patches or make any other changes via Regedit,

I can only assume that with the amount of software that has been installed and uninstalled in the past there was something modified in the registry previously which was causing the problem. However only time will tell.

Hopefully everything will keep working until I have upgraded to the official release of Froyo when it becomes available

cuentil

cuentil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
if you have problem like this:
-> 64 bit problem

you should install the latest version of kies (ver 1.5.1.10083) - you can download it from australia region -> support 64 bit

believe or not it works...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

try this (below) - WORKS FOR ME :lol:

-Close Kies on PC
-Connect the phone to PC / Laptop & Select Mass Storage Mode.
-Select the USB icon from the Notification section in Samsung Galaxy S to Mount the drive.
-You should now see Phone’s Internet Memory (& SD Card) in My Computer.
-Download the following "Utility Here"" and save it on the desktop.
-Run the utility click search, then select Phone’s Drive and then SD Card’s Drive (if you have SD card in your phone).
-The utility will find the bad files’ list and now you have to go to that location in My Computer and delete all the files listed and then do a research.
-Once you get no results as shown below you are good to go.
Posted Image
-Do the same steps for Phone’s Memory & SD Card (if you have one in your phone).
-Disconnect your phone and re-connect the USB.
-This time select Kies PC Suite option and 100% it will install the MTP USB Device without any problem.

Posted Image
:) I LOVE INDONESIA :(

Edited by cuentil, 18 September 2010 - 04:58 AM.

prof1967

prof1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Galaxy S has been connecting to Kies with no problem up until 5 minutes ago when I installed Realplayer. Suddenly phone is no longer recognised by Kies.

Have uninstalled Realplayer and everything works fine again.

Everytime I install new software to my laptop or apps to Galaxy S I check to see if this cuases a connection problem with Kies. So far this appears to be the only problem.

Gilbert P.

Gilbert P.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Bell Samsung Vibrant, iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@GilbertP23
I just got my Bell Vibrant to work. After trying everything I read in multiple forums I couldnt get mine to work, the following steps are what solved it for me.

Here's what I found:

- You need to be using the default Samsung launcher, TwLauncher.
Get out of LauncherPro or ADW, or whatever launcher your using and make sure to end task to ensure it's not running in the background

- Use the Samsung task manager to end all tasks.
No apps can be running in the background

- When you plug in your USB to your phone and select Samsung Kies, an app called MTP Application should launch on your phone.
If you don't see this app launch on your phone, the MTP driver will fail on your PC and Samsung Kies will not recognize your phone. The MTP Application looks like a USB connector with a bunch of animated lights, and it should say connecting or connected.

I hope that helps

mp2644

mp2644

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

-> 64 bit problem

you should install the latest version of kies (ver 1.5.1.10083) - you can download it from australia region -> support 64 bit

believe or not it works...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

try this (below) - WORKS FOR ME :lol:

-Close Kies on PC
-Select the USB icon from the Notification section in Samsung Galaxy S to Mount the drive.
-Run the utility click search, then select Phone’s Drive and then SD Card’s Drive (if you have SD card in your phone).
-The utility will find the bad files’ list and now you have to go to that location in My Computer and delete all the files listed and then do a research.
Posted Image
-Do the same steps for Phone’s Memory & SD Card (if you have one in your phone).
-This time select Kies PC Suite option and 100% it will install the MTP USB Device without any problem.

Posted Image
:D I LOVE INDONESIA :D

This method worked for me! I have Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S. I downgraded firmware to JFD and I was looking to upgrade it back to latest firmware and had same issued with MTP driver showing yellow sign. Following above steps helped me resolve the issue.

Thanks!

D3VJ1

D3VJ1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s

Is anyone else having trouble connecting their Galaxy to a PC? I don't know whether mine is faulty or not. Downloaded the Samsung Kies software but when I plug in the Galaxy Windows is unable to find a MTP USB device driver and the phone refuses to connect. This happens on both XP and Windows 7. Also the Galaxy has a complete fit and keeps flashing between the home screen and MTP application screen while it's connected. And I don't get the usual Android option to mount for file transfer. Am I missing something?

i think i may have the answer you are looking for, i also have a galaxy s and i also had the problem that you have. i opened the samsung kies and i (while the phone was connected) clicked on the top KIES drop down menu and clicked on driver recovery and it installed all the drivers i need for my phone and it works perfectly now, shame about the andriod 2.2 update though
well i hope this helps everyone that has a samsung galaxy s

Fang VV

Fang VV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900

try this (below) - WORKS FOR ME :)

-Close Kies on PC

cuentil you absolute LEGEND. :) It was a couple of thumbnails and a cookie that were causing the problem for me. Simple and effective fix. Tx M8

andrewkoz

andrewkoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
Hi Guys
Damnable Kies!
I have a problem to connect my SGS in to PC, still
I've tried different instructions.
Please help me!

veszti

veszti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung i9000 galaxy s

Arggg... i am having this problem too... and nothing works. I've tried resetting drivers, reinstall them, unmount/mount internal sd, startup with usb plugged in...
But still, still im getting a switching screen between connection screen and home screen, so frustrating... This phone is amazing but when it comes to pc connectivity it really loses from all other manufacturers *sigh* :P
Can someone pleasehelp?

EDIT: I have made a video from it @ youtube ==>

hi, i had the same problem, and i spent hours to figure out what's the problem. I started to uninstlal my applications one by one. And finally as i uninstalled winamp the problem disappeared. I reinstalled winamp it came back. So winamp caused this flashing. If you don't have winamp, it will be an other application. Important! You should shut down the phone after every uninstall, or it doesn't take affect, and you won't recignise which application caused the problem!!! oh my god, i'm so happy now that i found it! :D i hope this helps....

darealnv

darealnv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

After days of debugging the issue, I finally nailed it. The MTP application flashes when you have too many mp3 files (most probably other media files also but I am not sure). In my case, I have installed a language learning software that downloads thousands of mp3 files on the internal SD card (for words and phrases in different languages). I have deleted all the languages I did not want and I was left with about 800 mp3 files. It was still not working so my next step was to change the extension of those files so they are not recognized as mp3 files. A phone reset later everything was working fine. Just to confirm it, renamed the files back to mp3 extension - not working again, renaming back to different extension and restart - working.

I hope this helps everyone. I will also submit the details to Samsung support and hopefully they will forward it to technical department and do something about it.

Signed up just to say this solved my issue with the MTP Application. I had downloaded "LangLearner" and after reading what you had said, I uninstalled and deleted all files linked to it and now my phone connects again =D good times.
Thanks

sizzlingice

sizzlingice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I fixed the MTP error.

Check my solution at http://androidforums...ung-galaxy.html.

kaiwren

kaiwren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I fixed the MTP error.

Check my solution at http://androidforums...ung-galaxy.html.

Removing files larger than 16chars fixed the issue for me too. I'm on a Mac, so here a simple Ruby script to list all the files for other Mac users:

p Dir.glob(File.join('/Volumes/Main', '**', '*')).select{|name| File.basename(name).length > 15}

Here '/Volumes/Main' is where my internal storage is mounted. Paste that line of code into a file called largefiles.rb and then run at the command prompt with

ruby largefiles.rb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users