Froyo 2.2 for Desire will come?

Guest tangyiyong

Guest Dj DeNiMz

well i hate to break it but i think considering the nexus one has not got a rtm copy of 2.2 yet i dont think we will but then i hope i am wrong

Guest baadnewz

We are talking about HTC here, no way in hell they'll release something this summer

Edited by baadnewz

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

It is Really unlikely. For those who don't know this whole thing is based on what 1 person says they were told by a customer support agent. As others have said since the Nexus has not yet had its official Froyo it would be weird for the desire to get it first. If you want to look on the bright side then maybe Google is delaying the Nexus Froyo so that it can be released on several devices simultaneously, Thus reducing the "Fragmentation" issue.

Guest chrissyg

oh well, a lot of us are already using it anyway thanks to some of the tireless efforts of our modders ;)

the final release of it will no doubt be nicely optimised, but it's already incredibly quick imo! just wish a fix for the camcorder could be found!

Guest zizoom

As you know, Adobe made an announcement concerning Flash 10.1 , it includes some lines concerning a contract they have with most of the manufacturers (HTC, Motorola and some more). It says that they'll have a free license for Flash if they accept to include it natively on every device if this device is Flash-ready (meaning that it can run Flash pretty well).

Anyway, on the same annoucement they said that Nexus one and HTC Desire (and some more) will have this update soon with Froyo ;)

I really do think that between Google/Adobe/HTC and other manufacturers have worked hard on it and that this annoucement of Adobe is the starter for the Froyo deployment.

May be wrong, but I don't believe in coincidences :(

Guest Frankish

I really do think NOT. The Froyo builds are ok for now though but it's a shame nobody can really fix (not just work around) the echo problems. Video camera is not an issue for me.

Guest wookoouk
Nexus AND Desire will get Froyo tomorrow!!!

*dream* but maybe...???

Thats it man! Live the dream!!!

Im with you on this one, I will be following engadget, desire.modaco.com, xda-developers and androidandme.com alll day tomorrow ;)

Guest l1nuxfre4k

you really think HTC would release something without telling a few weeks or days before? ;)

i mean 2.2 is kind of big thing so they should tell a while before?

from what i learned they havent decided yet.

Guest Michelle My Belle

Releasing code on Friday is a bad idea.

Staff aren't around till Monday to clean up the mess - if, it all goes wrong 8-)

he, he, he

MMB

Guest bedwa

I'm as eagerly awaiting the desire release so that our good friend paul can cook up the nexus/desire 2.2 sense rom. Since I do have an n1 and have jumped to froyo as soon as the leak arrived, I have noticed an increased urgency with flash updates. There have been 3 since the frf50 leak and I personally think that froyo is almost complete on multiple devices, it could be just adobe working out the kinks on their end...... Just my hunch.

Guest lnoormohamed

ok i emailed htc and they said that they cannont connfirm which devices will be getting froyo love. in the email i specfily asked about the desire and that was the response

this is strange anyway where did the leak come from 23rd june?

Guest khtse
it's the 23 now. did anyone get it? ;)

Since the final build of Froyo is not even available for the Nexus One yet, it is almost impossible to see HTC releasing an official release of Froyo for the Desire today (or anytime soon). They are probably porting Sense + some extras to some beta build of Froyo at the moment, and there is a chance that these HTC rom based on non-final build of Froyo will get leaked. But for an official release? Expect serveral weeks after Nexus One receives the final build of Froyo.