[ROM]Ninja4hire *NonSense* (DC23) v2.5.3m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire

Lets thank some people

AMDZero and Steel Reign as this was definitely a group effort.

GinKage, Chainfire, and NuShrike, for without their efforts, Sense would not exist on ANY Omnia 2 roms. (quoted AMD)

nOObody and Rapid for their Sense2.5 cab. Although I am using a different version now.

All the testers of my beta rom(s). Peer input is the most valuable.

On to the show!!!!!

This Build of Sense 2.5 is a mix between the best of 2014-16.

The core is 2015, but the tabs are mixed to proved the best working build for the Omnia 2 with all the fixins!

nonsense21914-2.png

Special Notes

Please update your phone with the latest Samsung DC23 update before flashing this rom.

After you flash and XDA_UC has installed fully, I would probably soft reset the phone for good measure. This will make sure all installed programs are fully installed.

To use XDA_UC

Before you flash my rom, make a folder on your "Storage Card" called XDA_UC. Make a folder in that folder called SD. Whatever you want installed to main memory will go in XDA_UC folder. If you want to choose the install location, use the SD folder. Should be working 100%, but let me know if you have any issues.

Current Issues with phone:

* For some reason Sense likes to change the OK button after every soft rest. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

* Vibration currently does not work outside of Samsung apps. Not sure what the issue is yet.

* Not an issue, but bugs the crap outta me. In the Samsung dialer, the highlighted number is white and hard to see. I can't find the setting to change it and still keep white text everywhere else.

Current Issues with Sense 2.5:

* Home Tab >Edit Home Layout" currently does not work on Omnia 2's. If you try it, it will freeze your phone. If you want to edit the layouts you will need to change some simple values in the registry. This i8000 post will help, but I will try to put together a simpler list for us.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Version 2.5.3m

After a soft rest

Storage: 178mb - ouch! (working on making it lighter)

Program: Around 89mb (58mb w/Sense)

Whats New?

Update 2.5.3m

Build now 21914

Fixed issue with SMS/Email from build 2.5m

Updated Sense Facebook tab to latest version

Added Steel's i8000 GPS fix (not sure if it works any different)

Update 2.0m

Build now 21909

Build was supposed to be 21911 but that didn't work out for me so I kept the graphic

Added DB_TPlayer

Updated Touch Player with i8000 version

Added AMD's SecDialer favorites fix

Updated SDK to v2.2

Added music player to home screen 0 (no need for cab anymore)

Update 1.5m

Fixed triangle button so now it has some function: Press(startmenu) Hold(slide2shutdown)

Settings in Sense now does something....goes to Samsung settings lol

You can now re-arrange the tabs in Sense.

Removed (what I can remember)

All Verizon bloatware

Samsung MainMenu, Cube, Task Switcher, File Manager, Touchwiz homescreens

Opera

Bing, Live Search

Removed all SPlugins files

Various small things that don't affect use.

Samsung Ringtones

BlackTheme

Windows default lockscreen

Bubble Break and Solitaire

Chome, Titanium

Added

Sense 2.5 build 2015

Co0kie Home Tab and Editor v1.8.5

CleanRam v2.2

PHM RegEdit

OpenGLESv1

Slide2Shutdown

Advanced Config 3.3

WakeUPOnSMS

XDA_UC

Orientation Detection v1

SDK 2.0

Sparta Startap

Custom icons for start menu (some I made, and some are from Firestorm's icon set)

Custom NonSense Theme

Changed

Updated "Microsoft Myphone" to latest version

Updated .Net to CF3.5

Updated Office to 2010

Changed Page Pool size to 24mb

Made Windows settings visible in start menu.

Updated Swype to v3.9 with vibration. lol not on this one ladies

Please see my other roms at XDA

Download

Latest

Ninja4hire_NonSense_21914_v2.5.3m <4shared> - <Megaupload>

Archive

Ninja4hire_NonSense_21907_v1m

Ninja4hire_NonSense_21907_v1.5m

Ninja4hire_NonSense_21909_v2.0m <4shared> <Megaupload>

---------------

Like it? A simple "Thanks" will do, but feel free to buy me a shuriken if you must. donate.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire

:::::::::::::::::::::::Hot Fixes and Mods:::::::::::::::::::::::

New Icon installer cab. These icons will be added to the next build. Install and soft reset. (Thanks xlightwaverx & Rcman12)

Opera 10, Google Maps, Bing, Garmin Mobile XT, Total Commander, Skype, Skyfire (FYI: If you don't have the program, you will not see the icon when installed)

post-327098-1278440925_thumb.png

Ninja4hire_StartIconPack01.cab

Flip Clocks......

1. post-327098-1278004939_thumb.png - post-327098-1278010210_thumb.png 2.

3. post-327098-1278140558_thumb.png - post-327098-1278141344_thumb.png 3RED

Ninja4hire_Sense2.5_NinjaFlipClock01.cabNinja4hire_Sense2.5_NinjaFlipClock02.cabNinja4hire_Sense2.5_NinjaFlipClock03.cabNinja4hire_Sense2.5_NinjaFlipClock03_RED.cab

Here is a flip clock by Dibbson at PPCKitchen - I just put it into a cab for you.

post-327098-1278010812_thumb.png

Sense2.5_Transparent_FlipClock.cab

Here is a quick fix to add the music player back to Home Screen 0 of this rom (when you swype from top to bottom of the home tab screen).

This will be fixed in the next build. (install and restart NonSense)

post-327098-1277666975_thumb.png

NonSense_MusicPlayer0.cab

Add Notifications to your Home Screen with this cab. (FYI: Setting your quicklinks to 3 will overlap with Appointments)

post-327098-1277670094_thumb.png

Ninja4hire_Homescreen_Mod1.cab

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest unchoney

Ninja been running it all morning runs great! keep up the good work you people are great. Still looking forward to throttle launch on op7!

Guest Mastertwiz

Ninja,

I'm still running your 0.8beta (w/ the favorite contacts dialer fix). Do you think I should flash your v1? Any significant upgrades?

Also, it may be a compatibility issues, but I've been getting a lot of freezing when I run cleanRAM, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks man, you've mad my week.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja,

I'm still running your 0.8beta (w/ the favorite contacts dialer fix). Do you think I should flash your v1? Any significant upgrades?

Also, it may be a compatibility issues, but I've been getting a lot of freezing when I run cleanRAM, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks man, you've mad my week.

Only differences are some some graphical stuff I believe. Also have not had any issue with CleanRAM, but I do know Sense likes to freeze every once in a while. I think it just has to do with it not being for the Omnia 2.

Guest amdzero
Only differences are some some graphical stuff I believe. Also have not had any issue with CleanRAM, but I do know Sense likes to freeze every once in a while. I think it just has to do with it not being for the Omnia 2.

Now this is a gorgeous looking rom! I need to get a nice theme on mine.

Great work Ninja!

Guest cliffco823

A big THANKS to of you Chefs. You should have your own reality show. ;) Seriously. I appreciate the hard work. I couldn't do it.

Guest sixstrings

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent work NInja!!! I love it!!!!! I've noticed one thing abt these sense roms tho...it seem to me that my network signal has now been cut in half. where as with other roms the signal was still strong as normal. this has happened with all of the versions of sense roms that i've loaded. the way i tested it to be sure was i would reload another regular rom and my signal would be fine. as soon as i load the sense roms, it would struggle to get 2 bars....even after i wud do the whole *228 update from my fone. just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there is a fix that i've over looked.

But again bro excellent job!!!!

Guest donaudette

I have not noticed any issue with signal strength. I noticed in the steel reign thread a discussion about my texts and quick texts in the registry, it would be sweet to be able to back and restore those, since I don't use them because I cant customize and save them... the guantlet is thrown down for that. Also Ninja, any chance of fixing the buttons? I hate having to change them every reboot. I thought I saw where that was a problem, but I know I have flashed some roms that kept those settings for the buttons. ROM is running great.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I have not noticed any issue with signal strength. I noticed in the steel reign thread a discussion about my texts and quick texts in the registry, it would be sweet to be able to back and restore those, since I don't use them because I cant customize and save them... the guantlet is thrown down for that. Also Ninja, any chance of fixing the buttons? I hate having to change them every reboot. I thought I saw where that was a problem, but I know I have flashed some roms that kept those settings for the buttons. ROM is running great.

You mean the triangle button in the middle (presss and hold functions)? lol yeah that is on my list... I just keep forgetting I swear!!

Guest unchoney

Hi Ninja, encountering an issue with the screen at the bottom once in a awhile keeps misaligning the slide menu keeps jumping up leaving a larger black area at bottom..any ideas?

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hi Ninja, encountering an issue with the screen at the bottom once in a awhile keeps misaligning the slide menu keeps jumping up leaving a larger black area at bottom..any ideas?

huh weird. I haven't seen that issue yet? If you can, please send a screen shot. In the mean time I will look to see if anything may be causing an issue like that. I am actually going to go thru and make sure all the registry entries are solid and all the manila files are up to date. I want to see if I can correct a few other small issues as well.

Guest amdzero
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent work NInja!!! I love it!!!!! I've noticed one thing abt these sense roms tho...it seem to me that my network signal has now been cut in half. where as with other roms the signal was still strong as normal. this has happened with all of the versions of sense roms that i've loaded. the way i tested it to be sure was i would reload another regular rom and my signal would be fine. as soon as i load the sense roms, it would struggle to get 2 bars....even after i wud do the whole *228 update from my fone. just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there is a fix that i've over looked.

But again bro excellent job!!!!

Thats odd, as I've had excellent call quality and signal strength...

Maybe its my area?