Photo

[ROM]Ninja4hire *NonSense* (DC23) v2.5.3m (21914)

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I'm pretty sure its the lack of the proper GL drivers that make it laggy and not the RAM at all.

boosting the clock adds a few frames a sec which helps a bit ( as I am using Ninjas v1 @1Ghz) and runs real well. But with the proper GL drivers this would not be needed.

I could be wrong but seems GL is the missing link.

I agree with the GL. If we had sense using the samsung GL drivers properly there would NOT be a slow down. of course I don't have the skills to write a driver, nor a wrapper for a driver.

Or enough time for that matter.

sixstrings

sixstrings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

is this also using my sense beta rom?

yes i was...the way i tested it was i made calls from the same spots with the sense roms and then your 6.5.5 lite rom and the call quality was so much better with the lite rom. as a matter of fact i was dropping calls and losing signal with the sense roms.....and i loved the sense roms.... ;)

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

yes i was...the way i tested it was i made calls from the same spots with the sense roms and then your 6.5.5 lite rom and the call quality was so much better with the lite rom. as a matter of fact i was dropping calls and losing signal with the sense roms.....and i loved the sense roms.... ;)

could you try again and disable sense from the today/home screen?

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Any chance you can include Samsung SDK 2.2 or at least 2.1 in your next release? 2.0 doesn't allow Pocketshield to unlock using the proximity sensor.

Thanks... Great ROM!

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Devices:Vzw - Samsung Omnia i920
  • Twitter:@ninja4hire

Any chance you can include Samsung SDK 2.2 or at least 2.1 in your next release? 2.0 doesn't allow Pocketshield to unlock using the proximity sensor.

Thanks... Great ROM!

I'll look into it. I'm not familiar with the 2.2-1, so I don't know if there are any drawbacks to stuff already on the rom.

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I'll look into it. I'm not familiar with the 2.2-1, so I don't know if there are any drawbacks to stuff already on the rom.

I have 2.2 installed (from cab) and don't see any problems created by it... It does make Pocketshield Proximity work, though.

snapz54

snapz54

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
ninja, I can't install you samsung task switcher cab. it installs actually but it won't launch? its not the cab, because it has installed and worked perfectly on previous roms

any ideas?

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

ninja, I can't install you samsung task switcher cab. it installs actually but it won't launch? its not the cab, because it has installed and worked perfectly on previous roms

any ideas?

Your right! I am not sure what the issues is, but I will put it on my list of stuff to fix. Sorry about that. People kinda like it, so I might just cook it into the next build as well

Edited by Ninja4Hire, 25 June 2010 - 12:52 AM.

rpmm70

rpmm70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:Verizon i920

I have 2.2 installed (from cab) and don't see any problems created by it... It does make Pocketshield Proximity work, though.

Do you have the 2.2 certs cab?

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.5

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Little update Giggity

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Home Screen 0 Music player fix added to post #2. I will put the fix into the next build. Well it's not so much a fix, as just adding a 1 instead of 0 to the registry, but the cab makes it easy for you guys.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc

Home Screen 0 Music player fix added to post #2. I will put the fix into the next build. Well it's not so much a fix, as just adding a 1 instead of 0 to the registry, but the cab makes it easy for you guys.

Arrhh Life is now more betterer :lol:

:D :D

deadwrong03

deadwrong03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
is there a way to add the htc task manager that has the little down pointing upside down triangle in the upper right corner of the screen that shows what percentage of ram usage you have?

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

is there a way to add the htc task manager that has the little down pointing upside down triangle in the upper right corner of the screen that shows what percentage of ram usage you have?

Yeah sure. I actually have a cab for that somewhere. Let me see if I can find it for you.

EDIT:
This is two cabs in one. I added a colored icon cab to the installer cab.
Double EDIT: It does not seem to play well with Sense, but you can give it a try.
Attached File  HTC_taskman_2.1_Color.cab   729.63KB   18 downloads

Edited by Ninja4Hire, 29 June 2010 - 12:31 AM.

deadwrong03

deadwrong03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Thanks ill give it a try

Edited by deadwrong03, 29 June 2010 - 12:41 AM.

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
the htc taskmanager for the upper corner also doesn't play with 6.5.3/5 well as the start bar is on the bottom and the clock is permanently up in the upper right corner.

Posted Image

Ninja4Hire

Ninja4Hire

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

the htc taskmanager for the upper corner also doesn't play with 6.5.3/5 well as the start bar is on the bottom and the clock is permanently up in the upper right corner.

I have actually seen a version that places the taskman on the bottom right for uses with 6.5.x. If I can remember where I found it, I will post it up.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc

I have actually seen a version that places the taskman on the bottom right for uses with 6.5.x. If I can remember where I found it, I will post it up.

dutty's ???

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
that is XTask, I use it and it works great.

Posted Image

nugiene

nugiene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920
Hey! this rom is outstanding...thank you chefs for helping me make my O2 an enjoyable experience again..like it was new. one question though..anyone else notice that when the phone soft resets all the buttons go back to default also the photo program? all my photos disappear and I have to search and rebuild the database. thank you..I've tried to figure this or but no go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users