OpenRUU for Linux & Mac (W/ OR W/O ROOT!) BETA2

Guest 42turkeys

Guest 42turkeys

OpenRUU - RUU Shell Script For Linux & Mac

This is a shell script to flash an official RUU from HTC.

You do not need root.

The script will:

• NEW! Extract a rom.zip from an RUU & works on any device!
  • Get your current ROM version
  • Get Your Current HBOOT Version
  • Get Your Battery %
  • Reboot into RUU Mode
  • Flash the ROM using fastboot or NEW! Flash the rom in HBOOT without a PC!
  • Reboot your phone

Enjoy! ;)

DOWNLOADS

RUU Exract Version (beta) http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1277632079

1.15.405.4 WWE Generic http://www.mediafire.com/?ojmyrn5f2xu

If you can, please donate so I can afford better hosting, I also have some cool features to implement when I get proper hosting too. (If you can host a rom.zip, please PM me.)

Donate - GBP

Donate - Euro

Donate - Dollars

Post here with any bugs/comments so my turkeys can get to work! :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=347835&stc=1&d=1277236003

OpenRUU_Desire_1.21_Dload.zip

OpenRUU_Xtract_beta.zip

Edited by 42turkeys

Guest lenik
[*]Flash the ROM using fastboot

please, correct me if I am wrong, but flashing using fastboot (over USB cable) has a high possibility of bricking device if something goes wrong, wouldn't it be better to flash images from SD card instead?

Guest 42turkeys
please, correct me if I am wrong, but flashing using fastboot (over USB cable) has a high possibility of bricking device if something goes wrong, wouldn't it be better to flash images from SD card instead?

This is true, I have an HBOOT flash version in development.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for this great post. The shell commands in the scripts are very informative (OS X terminal).

I wanted to flash my orange branded desire (ROM 1.15.x), using a gold card, with PB99IMG_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_

igned.zip from shipped roms.

Can i use the HBOOT method desire.sh script but replace the extracted rom.zip with the PB99IMG.x_signed.zip from shipped roms?

SOLVED: YES YOU CAN

It is my understanding that i will also need to purchase an unlock code to prevent any issues with the wifi and orange branding/radio.

Also could you point me in the right direction as to how i would then go about upgrading the radio to 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 ??

SOLVED: NEED ROOT TO UPGRADE RADIOS

Hope you can help.

Jonny

Edited by jomu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest utodeb

Hello,

First, thanks for the script.

I would downgrade 1.32 to 1.31 to root my legend and i havn't windows so OpenRUU :(

But that don't work.

42turkeys presents...

____				   _____  _	_ _	_ 

/ __ \				 |  __ \| |  | | |  | |

| |  | |_ __   ___ _ __ | |__) | |  | | |  | |  FASTBOOT

| |  | | '_ \ / _ \ '_ \|  _  /| |  | | |  | |  FLASH

| |__| | |_) |  __/ | | | | \ \| |__| | |__| |  VERSION

\____/| .__/ \___|_| |_|_|  \_\____/ \_____/ 

| |									

|_|			Version 1.1.2-LINUX 

1. HTC GSM Hero

2. HTC Desire

3. HTC Tattoo

4. HTC CDMA Hero

5. HTC Legend

6. HTC Droid Incredible

7. HTC EVO 4G

8. Other

Please enter the corresponding number above: 5

WARNING! THE UPDATE PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL DATA, APPS & APP DATA ON YOUR DEVICE! (But not SDCard)

Please reboot your device into fastboot by turning your phone on holding power + back

When you see FASTBOOT USB on the screen press enter.

Press enter to Continue

If you see a device below then your device is ready to be updated and you have the correct drivers installed.

HT031NX00598	fastboot

If you could see your device above then you are ready to proceed.

If not, then you need to make sure that your device is connected in fastboot mode and that you have the drivers/HTC Sync installed.

Press enter to continue...

Fetching Current Device Info...

ROM Version:

version-main: 1.02.666.3

Bootloader Version:

version-bootloader: 0.43.0001

Device:

product: legend

Battery Status: (Must be good or better to proceed)

battery-status: good

OK to proceed? (Press enter)

Erasing Cache...

erasing 'cache'... OKAY

Done!

Rebooting in RUU mode...

... OKAY

Flashing ROM...  DO NOT TOUCH YOUR DEVICE!

sending 'zip' (123309 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...

INFOsignature checking...

INFOzip header checking...

INFOzip info parsing...

INFOchecking model ID...

INFOchecking custom ID...

FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)

You may get an error message above (HBOOT Pre Update!) don't worry, this is normal.

Reflashing...  DO NOT TOUCH YOUR DEVICE!

sending 'zip' (123309 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...

INFOsignature checking...

INFOzip header checking...

INFOzip info parsing...

INFOchecking model ID...

INFOchecking custom ID...

FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)

If you got another error message above, please run this script again.

If the process completed with no errors the second time, you have successfully updated/downgraded your ROM!

Rebooting Device... (First boot will take a while)

rebooting... 

OK to disconnect

Thanks for using OpenRUU! If you can, please donate so I can buy some hosting to implement some cool features...

Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=max%40maxmarroni%2eco%2euk&lc=GB&item_name=OpenRUU&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Have a nice day... :)

Press enter to exit.

I retry that twice and more ...

I suceed the extraction of rom.zip from 1.31 or 1.23 take from "http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/" but the downgrade didn't work for any rom.

I'am on ubuntu 10.04.

Edited by utodeb

Guest MrTiger

I dont get this too work.

I have a hero.

When i hold down the power and voice down button, then i come into a menu. and it says that it trying to loading herodiag.zip and some more stuff....it go so fast that i cant read all. and it say no image, this is in HBooT

PLZ help me.

Did download the OpenRUU-1.15.405.4-Desire file too and renamed it too heroimg.zip

Guest 42turkeys
I dont get this too work.

I have a hero.

When i hold down the power and voice down button, then i come into a menu. and it says that it trying to loading herodiag.zip and some more stuff....it go so fast that i cant read all. and it say no image, this is in HBooT

PLZ help me.

Did download the OpenRUU-1.15.405.4-Desire file too and renamed it too heroimg.zip

Let me get this clear. You were trying to flash a DESIRE ruu on a HERO?

Doing this will brick your phone.

Here's a big warning:

NEVER FLASH ANYTHING THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR YOUR DEVICE. ALWAYS CHECK IF YOU ARE NOT SURE

I'm sorry to shout but I don't want you to brick. It was hard when I first started too. :)

Guest MrTiger

Here's a big warning:

NEVER FLASH ANYTHING THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR YOUR DEVICE. ALWAYS CHECK IF YOU ARE NOT SURE

I'm sorry to shout but I don't want you to brick. It was hard when I first started too. :)

Dident try that one, did write wrong, i used a rom for hero.

But, i did fix it with app. rom manager.

Guest hexxen

greetings

I have a semi-bricked htc desire (stuck in the white background with the HTC green text), if I flash the RUU with this tool i'll be able to restore it with the froyo update.zip?

(I don't have a gold card or a way to make one)

• 5 months later...

Here's a big warning:

I'm sorry to shout but I don't want you to brick. It was hard when I first started too. :P

Lurking this forum but decided to emerge from the shadows and second this statement. I permabricked two phones before I really got the hang of everything (samsung transforms) and the first one was purely because I mixed up the marketing name of my phone with the previous one samsung released in that line. Almost all of the actual software going into any ROM was the same but when you flash with that USB cable it is rolling the dice and it doesn't matter how similar the devices are if its for the wrong phone you'll be thanking you lucky stars the carrier will cover it on your warranty/insurance (like I was) or you will be cussing like a sailor (like I was before I remembered the phone was covered.) Once you get the hang of it you'll be a rooting machine. Working on a friend's desire right now which is why I'm lurking this forum, ya'll are lucky you went with the HTCs, these samsungs are garbage.

The USB comment is very astute though, it's always better to flash off the sd card with a recovery then it is to force feed the rom through the cable, but you should still always be comfortable with the USB cable cause you simply can't always git r done with the recovery. I always use adb and recoverys on my samsung which I am pretty much constantly tweaking the rom of and have a stock rom w/ custom recovery that I know works on deck with the tool that does the full cable flash ready to go as a last resort if I go over the top and can't fix things in the recovery or in adb. I never change up that rom used with that tool tho, it's just to reset the phone in a form I know I can work with if I screw up in the safer methods. Switching that up was the second brick (the sprint guy was like "man these must have some kind of defect, that's the third one of these we've gotten back with that issue.....")

all right back to lurking, keep up the good work HTC hax dev-teams!

• 3 years later...
Guest amitai-hoze

Hi, on Ubuntu 14.04 these lines in your scripts:

./adb-linux push HEROIMG.zip /sdcard

sudo ./adb-linux shell ls /sdcard

don't work. You should change them to:

./adb-linux push HEROIMG.zip /sdcard/

sudo ./adb-linux shell ls /sdcard/

that is with a '/' at the end.