[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest amdzero

I need to start off by saying a special thank you to GinKage, Chainfire, and NuShrike, for without their efforts, Sense would not exist on ANY Omnia 2 roms.

Man this was a beast to get working.

Let me start by saying thank you to Ninja4Hire and Steel Reign for helping me get this rom out. This was a team effort and without them this rom would not exist. Also would like to thank nOObody and Rapid for their Sense 2.5.cab used on the i8000 side of the house. Ninja helped cooked up a newer sense version 2015, but they were the pioneers for putting sense on the Omnia II. Thank you Beta Testers as your input was invaluable.

This is a Sense 2.5 rom based mostly off the 2015 version. Yes it is intended for HTC devices, but we Omnia users could use a little lovin'.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=58118

As always this version is based off the Samsung Official Update and uses the PDA portion of DC23. What does this mean? I means you should update your phone to the Samsung Official Update for DC23 before flashing this rom. You only have to do it once, so if you already did it, you are good to go!

XDA_UC is installed in this rom so let it run through before you start tapping away. And a Soft reset after it is complete wouldn't hurt as well.

To use XDA_UC

Before you flash my rom, make a folder on your "Storage Card" called XDA_UC. Make a folder in that folder called SD. Whatever you want installed to main memory will go in XDA_UC folder. If you want to choose the install location, use the SD folder. Should be working 100%, but let me know if you have any issues.

Current Issues with phone:

- Adding favorites to Samsung dailer menu does not work. There is a fix, just search for it (Ninja even posted a pretty little cab for you guys).

- Black on Black text, this is only seen in the edit contacts portion. I'm too tired of looking for the fix, and I don't like white on black for my themes.

- Not really an issue, but some have requested the original dialer skin, as the one I skinned is difficult to read in the sunlight

Streaming Player doesn't work, it loads but will close when trying to play. I've tried registry entries and putting ALL files back in, so I don't know whats wrong with it. If you used this program, you'll have find a replacement.

If you want the original dialer skin, just unzip the dll and place it in the windows directory and overwrite.

You have to use Total Commander, or Resco File Explorer (not free).

SECDialerRes_Original.zip

Current Issues with Sense 2.5:

- Home Tab >Edit Home Layout" currently does not work on Omnia 2's. If you try it, it will freeze your phone. If you want to edit the layouts you will need to change some simple values in the registry. This i8000 post will help, but I will try to put together a simpler list for us.

Version 2.0 Update

Fixed black on black bug (finally!)

Updated Facebook to version 1.5 (if you want facebook app or fim, you gotta install it yourself)

Added GPS Tab

updated co0kie Home tab/CHT editor to 1.85

added phone canvas, and ability to switch between dialers using DialerSwitcher

added S2U2 2.42 (with weather on lockscreen!)

added Battclock for those who are worried about their RAM usage

Fixed Streaming Player well it loads, but didn't test functionality. Still looking into this.

Added Jinbox (for text messaging)

There IS a way to get your email working with jinbox, but I didn't want to cook it in incase ppl don't like jinbox.

Changed TaskManager to a more robust taskmanager

cleaned up the interface a bit,

stopped the fullscreen weather on the Sense home tab, and stopped the double clock flip (it was annoying me!!!)

I recmodded and flatten the ROM, and put some files in Slot0. This way the ROM is better configured to handle Sense.

This also means if you disable sense, and shutdown all programs, enable WinMo Dialer, and soft reset, you'll get about 96-98MB Free RAM (YEAH BABY!)

This is for those who may not like sense, but want extra ram.

Steel's i8000 GPS did make it into this rom

Version 1.5 Update

Fixed the dismiss with options problem for appointments

Fixed the Music and Facebook tab menu button

Touched up the theme a bit, changed some icons

Version 1.0

Removed:

Verizon crapware

Samsung TouchWiz, Cube, MainMenu

Opera

Bing, Live Search

Solitaire and Bubble Break

Added:

Sense 2.5 Build 2015

Co0kie's Home Tab Editor 1.8.0

XDA_UC

Google Maps 4.0

MortScript 4.2

Microsoft My Phone

Overclocking + shortcuts (only run one after softreset)

Orientation Detection

SKTools 5

Slide2Shutdown

Youtube

Titanium theme

SMS Skin

OpenGLES v1

Sparta Startup

Download

Latest

ZeroSense v2.0

Archived

ZeroSense v1.5

ZeroSense v1.0

----------------------------

If you like my work, drop a thank you. If you want do buy me a beer:

post-463858-1277361486_thumb.jpg

post-463858-1277360576_thumb.jpg

Edited by amdzero

Guest Ninja4Hire

GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT PEOPLE!

Pretty awesome!!! I'm a little upset that your sense is more functional then mine, but whatever lol. I also like the brush metal titanium look.

Guest maldonj1

flashing now... nevermind, cant get octans to start flashing, when i plug it in i get

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&c0542e9&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

but when i power on the phone it does just that and loads up...

went over the how to flash in case i missed something but cant get it..

found a laptop laying laying around with xp, flashed like a champ

Edited by maldonj1

Guest ED2O9

Ooooooo.... I have my O2 set up really nicely right now, but man... this is tempting.

What are final RAM results on a clean install?

Edited by ED2O9

Guest maldonj1

so ok this is just sick! flashed, and pretty much love at first sight, looks so clean and smooth, so i figred lets give her one more reboot. reboots and weather comes up automatically for my location and all of a sudden i have clouds floating across my entire screen!! how bad ass is that!, ok, digging in a playing now, great!!! job to creators

ok found one small glitch when adding a new email account, the fields for username and password have black bars when they are selected and you cant see what your typing

clock stops when screen goes blank and goes to correct time when phone is woken up

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
so ok this is just sick! flashed, and pretty much love at first sight, looks so clean and smooth, so i figred lets give her one more reboot. reboots and weather comes up automatically for my location and all of a sudden i have clouds floating across my entire screen!! how bad ass is that!, ok, digging in a playing now, great!!! job to creators

ok found one small glitch when adding a new email account, the fields for username and password have black bars when they are selected and you cant see what your typing

I'm glad you like it ya!

helps you get your daily flash fix don't it?

Guest maldonj1
I'm glad you like it ya!

helps you get your daily flash fix don't it?

lovin it some more!

1 question, does anyone know how i can add Pandora icon to the Add Quick Link area, i installed Pandora radio to My Storage and i am getting no icon

Guest amdzero
lovin it some more!

1 question, does anyone know how i can add Pandora icon to the Add Quick Link area, i installed Pandora radio to My Storage and i am getting no icon

if you have resco file explorer to create a shortcut to the program you want into the start menu.

also there are many freeware programs that create shortcuts for your storage card programs.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-tag-shortcut.html

Guest kdkinc

AMDZero excellent ROM!!! ;)

Between all the new ROM's it"s getting hard to choose one and stay put for more than 24 hours. The benefits of the Sense ROM's far outweighs any "lag"that some experience IMHO.

Still playing with OC program I also added "Easy Set S3Clock from Daskalos

added this weather option from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...109#post6924109

Nothing wrong with the original but had to try it.

post-499047-1277466444_thumb.png post-499047-1277466431_thumb.png

Thank You for all you do :( :)

:D ;)

Guest Ninja4Hire
AMDZero excellent ROM!!! ;)

Between all the new ROM's it"s getting hard to choose one and stay put for more than 24 hours. The benefits of the Sense ROM's far outweighs any "lag"that some experience IMHO.

Still playing with OC program I also added "Easy Set S3Clock from Daskalos

added this weather option from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...109#post6924109

Nothing wrong with the original but had to try it.

Thank You for all you do :( :)

:D ;)

That looks really good with AMD's rom theme!!!

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest donaudette

wow the overclocking does seem to work pretty sweet, turned off animations and not much lag at all. now, I hate to nitpick, but.... outlook/exchange meeting appts, both menu options dismiss the meeting reminder. one (left) should dismiss and the right one should be context sensitive and it should give me the option to snooze (various time limits) and dismiss all (several meeting reminders). if you could look at that whenever you can....

Guest amdzero
wow the overclocking does seem to work pretty sweet, turned off animations and not much lag at all. now, I hate to nitpick, but.... outlook/exchange meeting appts, both menu options dismiss the meeting reminder. one (left) should dismiss and the right one should be context sensitive and it should give me the option to snooze (various time limits) and dismiss all (several meeting reminders). if you could look at that whenever you can....

Now that my big sense project is complete... lets get on this reminder thing.

I don't use outlook for reminders, infact I don't really keep a schedule right now.

So I need you to step by step create me a scenario that will give me the result the shows where the problem lies. If I cannot see it, I really can't fix it.

Also does this work with all my roms? meaning is this something I've created or does it do the same with ninja, steel, and yardi's?

I felt like we've had this conversation before but I'm so tired with sleepless night trying to perfect this rom over the last week I've lost track.

Guest unchoney

Amd am I missing something ....I can not seem to get the lock screen to work... any ideas? Or do we have to use the samsung lock screen?

Edit: can lock it manually but looking for the autolock screen when screen times out.

Edited by unchoney

Guest WolfpackInCO
Now that my big sense project is complete... lets get on this reminder thing.

I don't use outlook for reminders, infact I don't really keep a schedule right now.

So I need you to step by step create me a scenario that will give me the result the shows where the problem lies. If I cannot see it, I really can't fix it.

Also does this work with all my roms? meaning is this something I've created or does it do the same with ninja, steel, and yardi's?

I felt like we've had this conversation before but I'm so tired with sleepless night trying to perfect this rom over the last week I've lost track.

It's driven by the theme that also skins the bottom bar. It looks to me like the bottom bar is one of Tacchan's themes, or is very similar to it, and his buttons have the same problem.

Guest amdzero
It's driven by the theme that also skins the bottom bar. It looks to me like the bottom bar is one of Tacchan's themes, or is very similar to it, and his buttons have the same problem.

are you saying using (for example) the classic blue theme will fix this issue?

Guest donaudette

I switched to the classic blue theme, reminder popped up, clicked on the right menu option and it just cleared the message, not the menu option. It was a problem on the other roms, but I honestly used so many that I can't remember for certain which ones. I have some other themes (I windows 7 theme) I will try that. I had already tried tachan23 wvga theme but that did the same thing.

Guest amdzero
I switched to the classic blue theme, reminder popped up, clicked on the right menu option and it just cleared the message, not the menu option. It was a problem on the other roms, but I honestly used so many that I can't remember for certain which ones. I have some other themes (I windows 7 theme) I will try that. I had already tried tachan23 wvga theme but that did the same thing.

can you take a screenshot? You can use sk tools.

Guest donaudette

there is nothing to take a screen shot of. when you get an alert, either button just dismisses it. you want a screen shot of the alert?

post-548535-1277496181_thumb.png

Guest batch519

Very happy with this ROM, great job AMD, Steele, Ninja and all of the testers!!!!

I have tried every overclock setting today and then used my phone like normal (during work hours I use calendar, email, text, phone and opera frequently) and the only one that doesn't freeze the phone up after awhile (especially when waking up from suspend) is 850.

post-711703-1277496149_thumb.png

Edited by batch519