[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest unchoney

only because it has been so long since i used the original(i think i flashed a rom within a week of having it!) dc23,i flashed back to it... know i rememmber why!!!! this thing is almost useless! not user friendly at all for a touch screen! Amd to the rescue back to your sense rom!!!! btw i have not had the slowing of processing like others. Forget about trying to mod the old dc23 for me. I will sit back and let these wonderful chefs keep cooking!!! Keep up the good work NINJA,STEEL, AND AMD!

Guest amdzero
werent u supposed to put something in it rather than pulling???? :D im waiting on that matey... no pressure.... but hurry up :P

cheers mate :)

yes before I can give you a rom I need to make sure I understand what is being duplicated and what is unique to your device. In fact, hang on I'll throw an alpha build together and you can tell me what it looks like.

I'll have to post a new thread as this one WAS for my ZeroSense rom. Seems like it's become my soapbox as of late.

Guest mdkpnj

AMD, does your ROM contain DIVX support? If not how can I add it back. I haven't seen a CAB yet, but I'll keep searching.

Thanks.

Guest Prometheus5061
yes before I can give you a rom I need to make sure I understand what is being duplicated and what is unique to your device. In fact, hang on I'll throw an alpha build together and you can tell me what it looks like.

I'll have to post a new thread as this one WAS for my ZeroSense rom. Seems like it's become my soapbox as of late.

hahahaha... cheers matey ur the bomb :)

Guest the sandman
I'm testing a new "more than stock" version now, if all goes well I'll post a rom tomorrow.

A new rom, ay. How interesting... I'm due for another flash so hopefully it will be released today?? =D

Guest WolfpackInCO
A new rom, ay. How interesting... I'm due for another flash so hopefully it will be released today?? =D

I've got the itch to flash.

Guest amdzero
I've got the itch to flash.

just finishing the final touches.

Thanks to Steel, the new release was delayed s he gave me the new touch player from the i8000.

This new ROM will be stock, with VZW bloatware removed, and a few things from i8000 put in. I'm trying to make it very generic, i.e. no custom icons, no branding just what samsung SHOULD HAVE release to the masses.

Guest maldonj1

amd, I'm sure your aware of it so im just posting here since I didn't see any mention of it but on the sense rom under edit quick links/add/miscellaneous/you can choose restart phone. and a few other option s just alittle neater I guess than s2sd

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
amd, I'm sure your aware of it so im just posting here since I didn't see any mention of it but on the sense rom under edit quick links/add/miscellaneous/you can choose restart phone. and a few other option s just alittle neater I guess than s2sd

yeah I did realize that, AFTER I skinned s2sd. So I left it in incase ppl still want to use it.

Guest maldonj1
yeah I did realize that, AFTER I skinned s2sd. So I left it in incase ppl still want to use it.

haha, ok cool!, i guess for future builds you'll have that much more free space if you decide to remove it

Guest amdzero
haha, ok cool!, i guess for future builds you'll have that much more free space if you decide to remove it

yeah all 800KBs of it LOL!

Guest haveitnow
I have, its been posted quite a few times, soft reset every so often. Sense isn't made for our roms, so we (chefs) forced it to "work" on our O2. Yes our phone can handle it, but samsung has not given us enough memory to overcome the memory hot that is sense.

I've just flashed t this ROM, also noticed the RAM dwindling quickly as well as a lot of CPU usage which kills the battery. Not complaining, just curious are these an effect of forcing this on our device or drawback that the intended devices suffer as well just less obviously because they have better batteries and more RAM and therefore take longer to hit ZERO?

Thanks, love Sense just wish it was less of a hog.

Also if I'm not using the media player in sense is there a way to not run the audiomanager background job that seems to suck up massive amounts of RAM and CPU?

Guest amdzero
I've just flashed t this ROM, also noticed the RAM dwindling quickly as well as a lot of CPU usage which kills the battery. Not complaining, just curious are these an effect of forcing this on our device or drawback that the intended devices suffer as well just less obviously because they have better batteries and more RAM and therefore take longer to hit ZERO?

Thanks, love Sense just wish it was less of a hog.

Also if I'm not using the media player in sense is there a way to not run the audiomanager background job that seems to suck up massive amounts of RAM and CPU?

I'm working on a new version now, its almost ready, just skinning the phone dialer.

it has more RAM available, at least 50MB at startup without running anything.

I've gotten it up to 60MB, but sense seems to run slower, so I'm still adjusting things to balance between speed, and RAM.

This device CAN run Sense, just not as well as HTC, because we don't have a dedicated video driver that handles all the video calls. We do have an OpenGL driver, but it is not as optimized as you'll find on HTC devices. Yes and the small amount of RAM doesn't help anything.

Guest xlightwaverx

I'm telling you, SenseSDK :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648906

X

I'm working on a new version now, its almost ready, just skinning the phone dialer.

it has more RAM available, at least 50MB at startup without running anything.

I've gotten it up to 60MB, but sense seems to run slower, so I'm still adjusting things to balance between speed, and RAM.

This device CAN run Sense, just not as well as HTC, because we don't have a dedicated video driver that handles all the video calls. We do have an OpenGL driver, but it is not as optimized as you'll find on HTC devices. Yes and the small amount of RAM doesn't help anything.

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest the sandman

Almost ready as in tonight?? If not then i can wait. Its been almost a week since i last flashed, way too long. lol

Guest amdzero
Almost ready as in tonight?? If not then i can wait. Its been almost a week since i last flashed, way too long. lol

getting the itch aren't you.

not much longer.

Guest maldonj1
getting the itch aren't you.

not much longer.

posted this by accident on ninja's thread, but please make sure company directory search works, it seems to be pointing to Contacts, even when i hit send and comapny directory it opens my contacts, i think it used to open samsung dialer but not sure.

if you dont have an exchange account ill be happy to test it for ya

Guest amdzero
posted this by accident on ninja's thread, but please make sure company directory search works, it seems to be pointing to Contacts, even when i hit send and comapny directory it opens my contacts, i think it used to open samsung dialer but not sure.

if you dont have an exchange account ill be happy to test it for ya

I may need to use you as a guinea pig then, as I don't use exchange email. PM me for details.

Guest batch519
I may need to use you as a guinea pig then, as I don't use exchange email. PM me for details.

I can help test this too as I have an exchange account at my work.. I confirmed that with the Sense Contacts Tab, the company directory does not work. When you click on it, it takes you right to your 'local' contacts list. With the Windows Contacts app, the company directory search works as expected. I have never been able to figure out how to make the Samsung Contacts app do a company directory search, I don't think it is possible.

Guest amdzero
I can help test this too as I have an exchange account at my work.. I confirmed that with the Sense Contacts Tab, the company directory does not work. When you click on it, it takes you right to your 'local' contacts list. With the Windows Contacts app, the company directory search works as expected. I have never been able to figure out how to make the Samsung Contacts app do a company directory search, I don't think it is possible.

I don't use exchange, or at least I'm not allowed to on my phone. So its hard for me to troubleshoot this.

However, after looking at the phone canvas, clicking on all contacts, a list comes up with all the contacts.

if I hit menu, there is an option for "Company Directory" but is grayed out. I"m assuming because I don't have exchange set up.

If this last beta test works out I'll post the new ROM tonight.

Guest donaudette
I don't use exchange, or at least I'm not allowed to on my phone. So its hard for me to troubleshoot this.

However, after looking at the phone canvas, clicking on all contacts, a list comes up with all the contacts.

if I hit menu, there is an option for "Company Directory" but is grayed out. I"m assuming because I don't have exchange set up.

If this last beta test works out I'll post the new ROM tonight.

I can help beta test as well. I am a heavy exchange user. :-)

Guest maldonj1

that is correct, i just tested this as well and the good thing is when you press send you are in the samsung or windows contacts which is where company directoy search works, the local contacts still gets squeezed to the top when searching so i dont even use it, maybe if theres a way to just link windows contacts to the company directory then they would both work because it seems that when you click on the HTC people company directory search it doesnt know where to go, otherwise as long as one works i would give it a passing grade.

AMD, check your active sync, i had it setup to advanced network settings and i got a new error message i have never seen that actually opened some kind of active sync troubleshooter, and when i turned off advanced settings it connected fine.

also slacker radio which ran on your previous rom, starts up, says checking for updates, signing in and just exits. not sure if its missing a NETcf file or something

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
that is correct, i just tested this as well and the good thing is when you press send you are in the samsung or windows contacts which is where company directoy search works, the local contacts still gets squeezed to the top when searching so i dont even use it, maybe if theres a way to just link windows contacts to the company directory then they would both work because it seems that when you click on the HTC people company directory search it doesnt know where to go, otherwise as long as one works i would give it a passing grade.

AMD, check your active sync, i had it setup to advanced network settings and i got a new error message i have never seen that actually opened some kind of active sync troubleshooter, and when i turned off advanced settings it connected fine.

also slacker radio which ran on your previous rom, starts up, says checking for updates, signing in and just exits. not sure if its missing a NETcf file or something

hrm, lemme try it out.