no more updates on the Legend from Paul?

Guest ryancy

Guest ryancy

Guys, lets face it.

It seems like Paul has been more busy with the Desire and probably ignore the Legend.

just look at his twitter and you will know.

3 days ago he announced, that he is preparing something new for HTC Legend, we just have to wait a little bit, because he's occupied with some other stuff aswell. And btw, the froyo source code was relesed today, so we can soon expect new ROMs with froyo ;) !!!

Guest schpinn
Guys, lets face it.

It seems like Paul has been more busy with the Desire and probably ignore the Legend.

Well a few days ago he said on Twitter that a Legend update is coming, but he's currently preoccupied with some "super secret projects", and I'm guessing that the recent Froyo release also isn't helping. The guys over at XDA are much more active, so I suggest that you check what's happening over there as well. Paul will release the Legend MCR r3 at some point, but it looks like it's going to be a long wait, since we're not exactly a priority.

Guest chucky.egg

The interesting thing here is about expectations

Some of us pay for Modaco Ad Free or Modaco Plus to support the site, but even that is peanuts really.

It's not like we're putting Paul on salary to develop new ROMs and fix stuff.

How much do you pay your network each month, and how many updates have you had from them?

I know I want an unbranded ROM on my Legend, but I also know that I don't want it enough to go through all the pain myself. So I sit here patient, and grateful for the stuff that does come out.

Guest lampux
Guys, lets face it.

I totally agree with you. This forum is totally useless thank Paul for your help.

Guest Ale Baba
This forum is totally useless thank Paul for your help.

Lampux, I'm probably not the first one to tell you, but let me put it bluntly:

You are an idiot.

There is no reason for you to be sarcastic and you have no right whatsoever to demand anything from anyone in this community. People like you make life harder and take the fun out of everything.

I started porting Froyo to the Legend today but because of you I'm going to reconsider. I don't need it on my Legend (2.1 runs pretty well) and doing all that hard work for ignorant morons of your kind is just not what I'm up to. No, really, I hate the idea of someone like you profiting from the fruits of my labour.

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest zabak

You are an idiot.

There is no reason for you to be sarcastic and you have no right whatsoever to demand anything from anyone in this community. People like you make life harder and take the fun out of everything.

I started porting Froyo to the Legend today but because of you I'm going to reconsider. I don't need it on my Legend (2.1 runs pretty well) and doing all that hard work for ignorant morons of your kind is just not what I'm up to. No, really, I hate the idea of someone like you profiting from the fruits of my labour.

Oh please..Request to you all developer!!! ... Please don't stop work because of few people. There are hundreds others who will praise your hard work. Why not instead ban who don't need them. but please don't get upset and stop work....

And others who cannot praise please don't demotivate developers from doing hard work....

Guest zabak
Look

He just updated the Desire again and still nothing yet for the Legend

I don't know if i am right or wrong..but if something can be made for Desire, yes it can be made for Legend.

Only thing is it has to customized to as legend has less RAM and ROM. Rest is same.

Am I right..?

Guest ryancy

I don't think its the same, if it is the same, he could have updated both at the same time.

It seems like the Desire is easier to root or customize.

Either that or he is encountering some problems with the Legend.

Edited by ryancy

Guest Peganos

Legend and Desire are not the same. Desire and N1 are nearly the same (if you take a look at the hardware). Our Legend has less cpu, ram and last but not lest less pixels on his screen.

And I don't think that it's such a small thing to port a froyo for our mobile - So we have to wait.

But I'm still waiting for the MCR R3 of 2.1... The R2 wasn't really bug free..

Guest ryancy

I tried writing to him through twitter and PM but he ignored.

if only someone here is able to get to him.

Edited by ryancy

Guest Berek
I tried writing to him through twitter and PM but he ignored.

if only someone here is able to get to him.

Paul reads these forums, so nobody needs to "get to him". How many people do you think contact him begging for upgrades, it's not surprising he ignores you, otherwise he'd spend all of his time responding to you all.

Try and understand that Paul isn't under any obligation to do *anything* for you. If he wants to work on other phones that's his decision.

I'm waiting for a Legend update as well and I'm also a little disappointed that most development effort seems to be going towards other phones. However, whining about it isn't going to make any difference.

Oh, and Lampux, you are a complete prat - as usual you contribute nothing and just whine - try and grow up.

Guest ryancy

I'm fine with him working on other phones but he did mention the Legend or include it together with N1 and Desire in his twitter.

Maybe he should come here and at least inform us of any progress or even if he has decided not to work on the Legend.

Guest schpinn
I'm fine with him working on other phones but he did mention the Legend or include it together with N1 and Desire in his twitter.

Maybe he should come here and at least inform us of any progress or even if he has decided not to work on the Legend.

He said he's working on it 4 days ago, and about 10 day ago. Have patience dude.

Guest Berek

Sigh. Maybe you should learn to read - he's said both here and on Twitter that he *is* working on the Legend, but there are other projects he's finishing first. What part of that don't you understand?

Guest CRNeo

Jeez.... some people want everything, buy a desire if your that bothered ;)

I'm sure he'll get round to it if he's mentioned it on Twitter recently.

I only just got my Legend and am hoping I can get it rooted and custom rom installed over the weekend.

Be nice if there was a little more movement on the Legend... think the Hero and Desire are just more popular phones and easier to work with.

Hopefully someone will do a good stable 2.2 in the not too distant future.

Guest zabak
Jeez.... some people want everything, buy a desire if your that bothered :lol:

I'm sure he'll get round to it if he's mentioned it on Twitter recently.

I only just got my Legend and am hoping I can get it rooted and custom rom installed over the weekend.

Be nice if there was a little more movement on the Legend... think the Hero and Desire are just more popular phones and easier to work with.

Hopefully someone will do a good stable 2.2 in the not too distant future.

I am still hopeful ans sure that great Paul is reading this and will release Froyo for Legend before actually HTC does release . (Rumored in next 2 weeks)

Guest SeekLife

Why do people always whine about it. What is the point really? Piss off the developer? And what good does that do?

Just sit tight and wait. How hard could that be? I want my Legend rooted too, because i bought mine in Australia, had no choice to do anything but wait.Yet i didn't whine. I sit and read the fourm almost everyday to see how Paul goes.

Having trouble to wait? Then you should consider to buy a desire instead. No offence to anyone.It is just my own opinion.

Guest zakengen
The interesting thing here is about expectations

Some of us pay for Modaco Ad Free or Modaco Plus to support the site, but even that is peanuts really.

It's not like we're putting Paul on salary to develop new ROMs and fix stuff.

How much do you pay your network each month, and how many updates have you had from them?

I know I want an unbranded ROM on my Legend, but I also know that I don't want it enough to go through all the pain myself. So I sit here patient, and grateful for the stuff that does come out.

thump up BR

AND I AD THAT BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS :D

so every body stop it

and start to appreciate what our grand developers give :lol:

Guest lampux

You are an idiot.

Well I think the same about you moron and idiot. Comeon you are not able to port froyo to legend!! Maybe xDA but you are not able for sure! So you will se uthe real idiot watching yourself at the mirror! If you are porting froyo to legend move your ass and make it available quickly because we need it. Only in this case i can consider you less idiot than you are now

Guest b0unce
Well I think the same about you moron and idiot. Comeon you are not able to port froyo to legend!! Maybe xDA but you are not able for sure! So you will se uthe real idiot watching yourself at the mirror! If you are porting froyo to legend move your ass and make it available quickly because we need it. Only in this case i can consider you less idiot than you are now

lampux, you're an idiot. go and crawl back under whichever rock you came from..

Guest lampux
lampux, you're an idiot. go and crawl back under whichever rock you came from..

who are you? The idiot number 2 after ali SPAM and the 40 thieves?? Go to help him to create the immaginary froyo update, ali SPAM is doing in his mind the update and he needs your precious help, you know, between idiots you two will work very well for sure :lol:

Guest bluffy
who are you? The idiot number 2 after ali SPAM and the 40 thieves?? Go to help him to create the immaginary froyo update, ali SPAM is doing in his mind the update and he needs your precious help, you know, between idiots you two will work very well for sure :lol:

FYI Lampux, Ali SPAM has created a 'clean' version of 2.1 rom and a very good one. Whether or not he succeeds with Froyo we shall see. But he has already contributed to community. Your contribution is negativity + demonstration of your culture or lack of it. I've reported your posts and suggest others to do the same. Hope you get banned soon. Now call me an idiot #3 or whatever else.