no more updates on the Legend from Paul?

Guest ryancy

Guest SgtDavePwnage

Can we calm down the conversation please folks?

I understand everyone wants 2.2 and it is in the works, but this is no excuse for bad language or personal attacks :lol:

Guest Berek
FYI Lampux, Ali SPAM has created a 'clean' version of 2.1 rom and a very good one. Whether or not he succeeds with Froyo we shall see. But he has already contributed to community. Your contribution is negativity + demonstration of your culture or lack of it. I've reported your posts and suggest others to do the same. Hope you get banned soon. Now call me an idiot #3 or whatever else.

Done - I'm waiting to be #4, Lampux

Guest borgfather
Can we calm down the conversation please folks?

I understand everyone wants 2.2 and it is in the works, but this is no excuse for bad language or personal attacks :lol:

I can not agree more ! please be patient and respectful

a Portuguese text I once saw : " Things are done quick enough when they are done well enough"

I like to have 2.2 on my device but not when done in a hurry and unstable

To all that contribute to the work of rooting an rom creation : Good work and many thanks !!

Guest Ale Baba

Whether lampux intended that or not: His post is quite an incentive for me.

But of course I'm not able to port Froyo to the Legend right now. I was not even able to compile it yesterday (some webcore/webkit problems). And hardware won't work most likely anyway.

At the moment I'm trying to refresh all the HTC patches for 2.6.29 to work on 2.6.32. Not an easy task given the fact that parts of it were adopted into the ARM-tree and others rejected. Besides that I'm also setting up and compiling CyanogenMod for the Legend (compilation finished a few minutes ago, now on to the testing). Be prepared to see CM for Legend tomorrow or the day after, if everything goes well.

Guest zakengen
Be prepared to see CM for Legend tomorrow or the day after, if everything goes well.

:lol:

thanks for the news and the hard work

Guest aisforandy

I've recently come back to this site following my switch to Android and have gained loads of knowledge and appreciate the work others have put in on here and other forums.

Stupidly, I updated my phone after creating a goldcard without thinking it might prevent me from rooting. For this reason I would love to see an updated root method for the Legend - so I hope one will become available soon.

So my message is, thanks to all those people working on this, and no pressure - in your own time if you can do it - I for one would be very grateful!!

:lol: :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest danishh

CM on legend sounds great: first step to a thriving custom rom community.

but, unfortunately, useless for us canadian users until we can root the bell/virgin ones.