24/Jun - FRF83 Stock / Rooted / Deodex / Superboot repacks

Guest PaulOBrien

FRF83, the 'official OTA'of Froyo has hit the airwaves, so i've repacked it for my own purposes in various forms, and also uploaded for anyone who wants them.

• FRF83 stock unrooted update zip - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 61f338eb188764c484c6a24531415901
  • FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app update zip - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 3795ad3a6cdba56cd9001a24da677539
  • FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app + deodexed update zip - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: fa3c9757320b9d08fbce619a5c421509
  • FRF83 Superboot - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: c78d774b34dfde1e0ab6d0a90b9fcdc3
  • FRF83 Insecure boot image only - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 638605cbc71a7edc4cdde2694ebb51fa

Enjoy! ;)

P

Guest Sylar2010

Sweet Jesus!

Thanks dude

Is this include a new radio or the ''old'' froyo beta one is the same?

Edited by Sylar2010

Guest notxel21
Can we upgrade R18 with this or should we wait to R19??

Thanks.

+1 I would also like to know this.

I'm upgrading either way. I don't mind wiping but I can share the info with friends that sleep in! lol ;)

Guest joninatl
+1 I would also like to know this.

I'm upgrading either way. I don't mind wiping but I can share the info with friends that sleep in! lol ;)

I just wiped cache and dalvik before flashing.... no problems! :(

Guest drewstiff

I'm normally a bit less n00b-ish than this, but which do I need if I want to upgrade from Paul's original rooted FRF50 to a rooted FRF83 but keep my current apps and settings.

I believe I need the 2nd or 3rd link... but not entirely sure!

Guest MikoB2D
I'm normally a bit less n00b-ish than this, but which do I need if I want to upgrade from Paul's original rooted FRF50 to a rooted FRF83 but keep my current apps and settings.

I believe I need the 2nd or 3rd link... but not entirely sure!

+1

Guest MikoB2D

Hi Paul, and thanks for your ROMS,

I'm curently in r17, and i want to know if when the r19 will be released, does i will have to wipe my phone ?

(seem needed to wipe for r18, so i don't flashed it)

Thanks by advance for your answer and sorry for my english*

Guest fabiocampos
Wait for r19.

P

Great Paul, you´re rock :(

I have a question: Froyo app2sd works fine now with this official version?

Thanks ;)

Guest mattisdada

If i may ask, what makes these boot images insecure?

Great work once again Paul. You're generally are the first with these type of things....

Guest Davidfish

This is really quick, but I would like to wait for more stable one.

by the way, what is the improvement of this version over FRF72?

I am still using Desire ROM, I just like the dial pad of it that can sort names by number, English and Pinyin(chinese).

anyone can show me something to convince me to shift from Desire ROM to Froyo?

Guest Schyzo

This is a little complicated for noobs users (like me !!)...

If someone can summarize, who can apply the OTA :

> those who bought the N1 from SFR and didn't do any modification or manual update ?

> those who bought the N1 anywhere else and didn't do any modification or manual update ?

> those who applied manually updates ?

In my case, I bought the N1 from SFR (in France) with EPF21B. I rooted and flashed with r17 and then r18 a few days ago.

So now, I'm with FRF72...

>>> So, can I flash with FRF83 directly ? (keeping my phone rooted, and keeping the recovery ?)

Thanks for your hepl !

Guest King_Dani

i have upgraded from previous leaked pre-rooted version by Paul. i used the deodexed version , and all my settings came back.

i have one problem though : just before doing the flash , i reset to factory defaults from menus in the OS. it went to bootloader and i assume wiped some stuff. now the first time i upgraded from 2.1 , i experienced the famous trouble with wifi being disabled for no reason. i don't exactly know what i did , but i finally get it working. anyway , now i have the exact same problem , not from upgrading to FR83 but from doing the reset to factory defaults. anyone hazard a guess ?

also , on the new build , the Market now shows all the programs , protected and nonprotected. Great ;)

Guest Shayba

Hi!

Thank you for your awesome work!!

I first installed the deodexed version and then I realized that it eats up too much space on the system partition.

I then switched to the odex version but the space that I previously lost hasn't come back.

What should I do?

Guest dyndragon
Hi!

Thank you for your awesome work!!

I first installed the deodexed version and then I realized that it eats up too much space on the system partition.

I then switched to the odex version but the space that I previously lost hasn't come back.

What should I do?

I believe I'm in the same situation...

furthermore, when I flashed the deodexed version, a bunch of my apps did not seem to be present.

Shayba, I hope you nandroid backed up before flashing! Just wipe, nandroid back, and then flash the odexed version. Should recover the space.

Guest Shayba
I believe I'm in the same situation...

furthermore, when I flashed the deodexed version, a bunch of my apps did not seem to be present.

Shayba, I hope you nandroid backed up before flashing! Just wipe, nandroid back, and then flash the odexed version. Should recover the space.

Didn't. :(

(I'm used to MoDaCo's ROMs being as awesome as they are so I didn't bother backing up ;) )