squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire w/CM7 nightlies
  • Twitter:@dzouzef

too bad your app doesnt load when i try to open it using Navigator Panel or Car Home. I really hope it can load and truly replace the stock maps since navigation feature is not available in my country. However, I appreciate ur work, good job bro. thanx for the app.

I saw modified Navigator Panel somewhere, which was able to launch Maps [brut], try to search on XDA. Or you can try Nav Launcher app from the Market, it has an option whether to launch stock Maps or brut Maps.

EDIT: check 1st post, I've added modified Navigator Panel.

Edited by squrl, 23 July 2010 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

amf14

amf14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:iPhone HTC Desire Storm2
  • Twitter:@fuelme
I tried this but when I type in the destination the screen just shows "getting driving directions" and stays there for a long time. I have GPS enabled and data connection is working fine.

gingercat

gingercat

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Advent Vega
Can someone please upload somwhere else:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gingercat, 21 July 2010 - 08:12 AM.

peetah

peetah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
What if you were to replace the maps.apk on the /system/apps with the brut one, renaming it to maps.apk?

Not sure if there are any other changes between the stock maps.apk and brut's mod but wouldnt this make all apps treat the brut maps as original? Not familiar with the way android works so this point might be moot.

EDIT: doesn't look like that'll work. Tried installing brut then replacing original maps.apk with it.
Car Panel still does nothing when I hit navigation or view map. The standalone brut maps still work so guessing theres more instances where the name differs.

Edited by peetah, 23 July 2010 - 01:21 AM.

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
It doesn't matter how you name the apk, name of the app is stated in XML files inside the apk (however I think in this case we need to correct the package name, not the app name). You need to decompile the apk file and edit the corresponding files. I'll have a look today and try to figure it out either by editing the Maps or (more likely) the Navi panel app.

Posted Image

dareal

dareal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:SE X1i | Desire
thanks for your modification! /hi5

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Peetah:

Check the first post for modified Car Panel, that launches Brut maps :(

Posted Image

peetah

peetah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the brut map compatible car panel.

Much appreciated :(

Nanux

Nanux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Will be there modified version of 4.4.0? With these installed maps I cannot update to the new version. I expect it is possible to uninstall this maps and install original but I really like the offline map caching feature.

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
4.4.0 will be up as soon as Brut.all releases his 4.4.0 based mod. Only god know when that will be...

I just got Starcraft 2. brut15 will be in about 6 months ;-)

:(

Edited by squrl, 28 July 2010 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image

wingjammer

wingjammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One Froyo 2.2
Hey thanks for the welcome addition. Been looking for a good car dock. Is it possible to just mod the stock Android car dock?

Also I found the phone call button didnt work. Also the footprints, but Im figuring there I dont have an app installed. And the settings panel didnt open. Any idea whats wrong. Cheers for the addition.

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I see you own a Nexus, that's the source of your problems. The Car Panel calls for packages that are not present in your ROM.
Next version of my mod will have an option to install modified Car Home app, so just hold on :)

Edited by squrl, 09 August 2010 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

qubit76

qubit76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Just a heads up, 4.4.0 has been released :)

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Yeah, I know, I'm just a bit busy ATM. Updated version of the mod will be up tomorrow :)

Posted Image

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Version 4.4.0 (brut16) up! Check first post :)

Posted Image

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
If you're using Footprints, download squrl_maps_navipanel_footprints-b16.zip md5sum: c84aaf6c878b182b2f8b3d419415aaaf. First post updated.

Posted Image

snapilica

snapilica

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Very nice mod you got here :)

One quick question. I've flashed the carhome version first thinking it's the "Car Panel" app that's build in r7 but then I realized it isn't and I flashed the navipanel to mod the right app.

But now i have both apps installed and I want to get rid of Car Home. Any easy way of doing this?

Thanks

★ Device: HTC Desire S-OFF ☆ Android Version: 2.2 ★ OS: StarBurst Lite 1.2.0 ☆ Build: 2.29.405.5 ★ Kernel: 2.6.32.15-leedroid_2.2f snq ☆ Baseband: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 ★ HBOOT: 0.93.1 ☆ Others: Data2Ext

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Very nice mod you got here :)

One quick question. I've flashed the carhome version first thinking it's the "Car Panel" app that's build in r7 but then I realized it isn't and I flashed the navipanel to mod the right app.

But now i have both apps installed and I want to get rid of Car Home. Any easy way of doing this?

Thanks

Have you any knowledge of adb commands? If not, I'll provide you with a flashable fix in a few minutes.

EDIT: here ya go http://dl.dropbox.co...ove_carhome.zip

Edited by squrl, 10 August 2010 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

snapilica

snapilica

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Have you any knowledge of adb commands? If not, I'll provide you with a flashable fix in a few minutes.

Well I don't have a quick way of setting up adb, so if it's not very hard for you a flashable fix would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT: Thank you for the quick response!

Edited by snapilica, 10 August 2010 - 11:16 AM.

★ Device: HTC Desire S-OFF ☆ Android Version: 2.2 ★ OS: StarBurst Lite 1.2.0 ☆ Build: 2.29.405.5 ★ Kernel: 2.6.32.15-leedroid_2.2f snq ☆ Baseband: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 ★ HBOOT: 0.93.1 ☆ Others: Data2Ext

squrl

squrl

I can has gingerbread?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
NP :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users