Photo

The HTC Desire, Legend will be getting Android 2.2 in Q3 this year, along with the HTC Wildfire

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend

It was *me* that asked the mods for the posts to be removed, Lampux, to get rid of your rubbish, nothing to do with the mods doing it to "calm me down". But as I feared you can't stop, can you, and still have to insult me yet again by calling me a child.

JUST STOP THESE STUPID POSTS - YOU WILL GET BANNED IF YOU KEEP IT UP.

I'm reporting you again for continued harassment.

DO NOT CONTINUE THIS.

Are you serious? What did you smoke? I didnt' make any offence to you! It's strange you don't understand this seeing that you are english and I'm not! I'm sure I write quite correctly and I'm a real gentleman, unfortunately we can't say the same about you. Thanks again to moderators to calm you down but maybe it's necessary another report of your bad behaviour to them because you're not stopping yet, you seem to not understand your own language it's really annoying.
Anyway STAYING IN TOPIC, htc desire will receive FROYO tomorrow, wo I think htc legend is the next one, maybe we will have
For the record, I didn't call you child (instead you called me clearly idiot, THIS is a clear offence and you should be banned for this!!!) but I told I had enough of these childish, it's quite different and it's strange you can't notice the difference seeing that it's ENGLISH!

Edited by lampux, 28 July 2010 - 07:45 PM.

BigBearMDC

BigBearMDC

MOD - Mode ;)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in µC's, programming, physics and astrophysics :)
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
  • Twitter:@BigBearMDC
Okay, It doesn't matter who of you guys started this, but if you don't stop it now immediately, you will suffer the consequences.
Its enough now. Stop blaming each other.

Regards,
BB

Visit our git repos [2.6.32 porting project, FroYo vendor config]Got a question? No problem, write me an email :)

If you like what I'm doing, help me buying an Orange San Francisco Posted Image
Posted Image
Donors:
  • Niels Heeren, David Dawkins, Mark Leman, James Baker, Heinz Peter Hippenstiel, KenBW2, flibblesan, GraviticVortex, bear807, TDK29

look for the Posted Image

Berek

Berek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Thank you, BB.

I've just read that Engadget are reporting today that all HTC handsets are shipping in China with 2.2, so looks like we can expect updates very soon.

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Thanks BB :( now that the stupid fight finally ended and everybody is calm thanks to you, we can focus again on 2.2 for legend. The battle continues...in the meantime htc desire today has not received froyo, so the rumor on HTC_NL and HTC Europe on twitter were crap...we will see for our beloved legend

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
HTC Europe confirmed Froyo for tomorrow on desire. Is this a good news for us too, I hope! I'm answering on twitter to HTC asking for legend. Please do the same, they cannot ignore us if we are thousand of us. It's a shame, Legend went out on the market AFTER desire and we don't have froyo yet.

ilos

ilos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:O2X and N1
  • Twitter:@Gooze
OTA Froyo release has begin on Desire.....

Edited by ilos, 01 August 2010 - 01:28 PM.

svencux

svencux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:wind 100
hello,

i do have a rooted legend with Rodriguezstyle rom on it.

Now when Froyo comes out can i just use the OTA update? (i know i am going to loose root).
Or do i have to unroot and use original rom first to be able to get the froyo OTA uopdate on the legend ??

thanks

Firecold

Firecold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yup, you'll have to unroot your phone before applying OTA update

c_man

c_man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Or you could stay rooted and wait for a rooted FroYo ROM to be made available, I guess?

chinana

chinana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
1st of all ... how to unroot my legend? ?
can anybody post me a link where teach me how to unroot my legend?
thx...

2nd thing is ... so there are no 2.2 on legend? neither froyo 2.2?

thx, bit confuse ...

Hz.farbod

Hz.farbod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
1st.
here you are ...
HTC legend unrooting guide :

http://theunlockr.co...legend-how-tos/

2nd.
I prefer wait for a rooted FroYo ROM ...
but if you want 2.2 now you can get the azure rom , it based on 2.2 ( no sense , cm6 )

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
up...HTC completely forgets about htc legend users who only 3-4 months ago bouhgt a legend for "only" about 400 euros...this is disgusting!

Berek

Berek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

up...HTC completely forgets about htc legend users who only 3-4 months ago bouhgt a legend for "only" about 400 euros...this is disgusting!

Couldn't agree more. That's why I've pre-ordered a Desire HD - at least there will be a lot more support.

Let's face it, as far as the Legend is concerned these forums are dead dead dead.

lampux

lampux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Infact I'm abandoning htc legend too. I bought a htc nexus one. So I have the best supported phone on the market. Waiting for gingerbread :) While legend is still stuck to 2.1. Goodbye forever htc legend.

chinana

chinana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
ANYBODY MANAGED TO GET HTC LEGEND 2.2 FROYO UPDATE?
PLEASE SHARE UR VIEW...
THX THX

fighting4android

fighting4android

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@rajatjain7
Now even the wildire froyo based sense rom has leaked , no idea when something happens for the legend

merQrie

merQrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@f00kemall
Hi all!

This is in Swedish, but they have announced that Froyo will be able for Legends within a few weeks, :rolleyes:
The Arcticle is here (use google-translate 4 it if ya dont know swedish)

FROYO FOR LEGEND

Enjoy :huh:

// merQrie

EDIT:
I have translated the arcticle for yo guys:

(This update is for the UNBRANDED Legend's out there)

"HTC: Legend may Froyo within weeks

Now HTC outs the new information on the promised upgrade of the Legend to version 2.2 of Android.
HTC has previously stated that the upgrade from version 2.1 to version 2.2 of Android for Desire, Legend and Wildfire would commence in the third quarter of this year.
As HTC has already updated Desire, they can be said to have fulfilled that promise, which is obviously irrelevant to the Legend user who is waiting for 2.2.

However now HTC wright on their Facebook page that Legend phones that are not operator-branded will be updated "in the coming few weeks".
In the case of phones, operator-branded versions, it says that the waiting time will be "a bit longer" because HTC's software must
approved by the operator-brand first."

Edited by merQrie, 08 November 2010 - 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users