This ROM is the 'starting point' for my Galaxy S custom ROMs.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, YOU MUST ALREADY BE RUNNING THE JG5 ROM FROM HERE. Do NOT use this MCR with any other base, unpredictable things will happen, the most likely being you'll have to reflash your device via Odin. JG5 is available on MediaFire Pro - MD5: be63b89ec65199a3925b29d8213c39c6
- Based on the JG5 release
- Rooted with Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD
- Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- busybox with Droid Explorer support
- Updated Google Maps
- Updated Layar
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- Optional Google Voice Search
- Optional Google Voice Dialer
- Optional Fancy Widget
- Optional Beebplayer
- Optional Titanium Backup
- Optional baked in Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
- Optional ASE (MCR Scripts) with Kitchen Speedup, Market build.prop and Lag fixes
- Entire ROM is now de-odexed in case anyone wants to theme
To install this ROM:
- Ensure you have the JG5 ROM installed (linked above)
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card named 'update.zip'
- Restart your device in recovery mode by running 'adb reboot recovery' (download adb if you do not have it already, use adb-windows, adb-mac or adb-linux as appropriate)
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is available in the kitchen below, or as a prebake.
r3 (default options) - DOWNLOAD (MoDaCo Load Balancing) - MD5: 8526dc98d0aafabf0b89e639767ada72
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.