30/Jun r1 (4399) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 1.6) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest carrotza

Maby a stupid Q, but i'll ask anyways :D

Is the Rom based on O2 one or the standard dell one? Reason I'm asking is surely if this is based on the Dell one - by flashing it with a custom ROM, it will remove the network lock?

Guest parcsalooc
Maby a stupid Q, but i'll ask anyways :D

Is the Rom based on O2 one or the standard dell one? Reason I'm asking is surely if this is based on the Dell one - by flashing it with a custom ROM, it will remove the network lock?

It is based off the o2 one.

O2 (you get the splash screen too), and no, flashing the rom will not remove the network lock. There's no known easy way to remove the network lock at the moment.

Guest Phylar
2.1 based ROM coming up next week! :D

P

Will Retail US Streaks be able to use this update? If this is true, then this plus EPP will push me over the edge to get one :D

Guest Shadowfactor

Hello,

I'm new to the fourms and andriod phones. I moved from being an Iphone user for 4 years

I have the Euro Unlocked Dell streak Model number ending in 00. ( Im in the US using the device on AT&T)

I'm trying to do this update.

Ive installed the Custom recovery software or so I think I did.

Followed the instructions, it says Fastboot Download done on the streak after I run the problem. ( just sticks on this screen)

I removed the battery. and then copied the files for the custom rom to the SD and renamed them Update.zip

Boot the phone into recovery and choose the 2nd option ( the Update option) hit the camera button then I just get a blank screen....

I listed exactly what I have done. Is there anything that I'm missing or not doing exactly right ??

Thanks!

Edited by Shadowfactor

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amalgamas
Hey Paul, how's the new ROM coming? Any goodies we can look forward to or a release date?

Indeed, any updates on a new release for this since the official 2.1 has been let out?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am trying to download Custom recovery image which is mentioned at the start of the thread. But it says that the server is forbidden when I click it. I have now paid for the adfree and online kitchen (9.( Gbp) but it still shows that I am forbidden what could be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jkim5708

Please help this android Noob....

Heres my update Flash Path:

Purchased US Dell no service contract;

Original Firmware 1.6

BaseBand GAUSB1a111231-US

Kernal 2.6.29 perf

OEM GAUSB1a111231

Flashed to:

Eclair v2.1 update1

Baseband GAUSB1A120321-US

Kernal 2.2.29 perf

OEM GAUSB1A120321

Build 6941

Flashed to:

Eclair 2.1

Baseband GAUSB1A120621

Kernal 2.6.29

OEM GAUSB1A120621

Build 8105.

I have ad free account and wanted to use the online kitchen...

but for the life of me I cannot use the update file....or CRM

I keep getting error after I choose to updgrade via sd card (pressing Vol (+/- ) with Power...

I get error during process

E. No signature 839 files

E. Verification failed...

When I cooked the Rom I checked the create signature...

I cant seem to fastboot because i cant get Window to recognize the google inc...recoginzes the ADB interface, never boot loader...

Please help :lol:

Guest thehodapp

I have a strange problem. I have the Rom Manager App installed. I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.2 and then my luck stops there. I reboot into the recovery mode and it's not the Clockwork recovery. If I try to backup current ROM from ROM manager, the phone restarts. Is there something wrong with my phone that I need to do something special to get clockwork to work?

My current build is: 6267

and I'm using a beta dell streak

I have a strange problem. I have the Rom Manager App installed. I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.2 and then my luck stops there. I reboot into the recovery mode and it's not the Clockwork recovery. If I try to backup current ROM from ROM manager, the phone restarts. Is there something wrong with my phone that I need to do something special to get clockwork to work?

My current build is: 6267

and I'm using a beta dell streak

Choose option 3 in recovery (Update.pkg), to load Clockwork. Confused me for a while too!

Guest thehodapp

thanks! Ok I installed the rom according to the steps...however, when I restart my streak, I get stuck on the Dell logo and it just freezes there. Anybody have that problem? How can I troubleshoot this?