Photo

30/Jun r1 (4399) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 1.6) with Online Kitchen

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

wired

wired

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, N97 Mini, Streak

Thank you so much!!! Beta Streak 00 baseband owner is going to be real happy next week!!

You're not the only one! :D

Phylar

Phylar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

2.1 based ROM coming up next week! :D

P

Will Retail US Streaks be able to use this update? If this is true, then this plus EPP will push me over the edge to get one :D

Shadowfactor

Shadowfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Dell streak euro unlocked
Hello,
I'm new to the fourms and andriod phones. I moved from being an Iphone user for 4 years
I have the Euro Unlocked Dell streak Model number ending in 00. ( Im in the US using the device on AT&T)

I'm trying to do this update.

Ive installed the Custom recovery software or so I think I did.
Followed the instructions, it says Fastboot Download done on the streak after I run the problem. ( just sticks on this screen)
I removed the battery. and then copied the files for the custom rom to the SD and renamed them Update.zip

Boot the phone into recovery and choose the 2nd option ( the Update option) hit the camera button then I just get a blank screen....

I listed exactly what I have done. Is there anything that I'm missing or not doing exactly right ??

Thanks!

Edited by Shadowfactor, 15 August 2010 - 04:13 AM.

parcsalooc

parcsalooc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hey Paul, how's the new ROM coming? Any goodies we can look forward to or a release date?

amalgamas

amalgamas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 1

Hey Paul, how's the new ROM coming? Any goodies we can look forward to or a release date?

Indeed, any updates on a new release for this since the official 2.1 has been let out?

Bob76

Bob76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
Hello,

I am trying to download Custom recovery image which is mentioned at the start of the thread. But it says that the server is forbidden when I click it. I have now paid for the adfree and online kitchen (9.( Gbp) but it still shows that I am forbidden what could be the problem.

jkim5708

jkim5708

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Please help this android Noob....

Heres my update Flash Path:

Purchased US Dell no service contract;
Original Firmware 1.6
BaseBand GAUSB1a111231-US
Kernal 2.6.29 perf
OEM GAUSB1a111231

Flashed to:
Eclair v2.1 update1
Baseband GAUSB1A120321-US
Kernal 2.2.29 perf
OEM GAUSB1A120321
Build 6941

Flashed to:
Eclair 2.1
Baseband GAUSB1A120621
Kernal 2.6.29
OEM GAUSB1A120621
Build 8105.

I have ad free account and wanted to use the online kitchen...

but for the life of me I cannot use the update file....or CRM

I keep getting error after I choose to updgrade via sd card (pressing Vol (+/- ) with Power...
I get error during process
E. No signature 839 files
E. Verification failed...

When I cooked the Rom I checked the create signature...

I cant seem to fastboot because i cant get Window to recognize the google inc...recoginzes the ADB interface, never boot loader...

Please help :lol:

thehodapp

thehodapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I have a strange problem. I have the Rom Manager App installed. I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.2 and then my luck stops there. I reboot into the recovery mode and it's not the Clockwork recovery. If I try to backup current ROM from ROM manager, the phone restarts. Is there something wrong with my phone that I need to do something special to get clockwork to work?

My current build is: 6267
and I'm using a beta dell streak

rhyd

rhyd

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:5 x Dell Streaks
  • Twitter:@rhyd42

I have a strange problem. I have the Rom Manager App installed. I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.2 and then my luck stops there. I reboot into the recovery mode and it's not the Clockwork recovery. If I try to backup current ROM from ROM manager, the phone restarts. Is there something wrong with my phone that I need to do something special to get clockwork to work?

My current build is: 6267
and I'm using a beta dell streak

Choose option 3 in recovery (Update.pkg), to load Clockwork. Confused me for a while too!

thehodapp

thehodapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
thanks! Ok I installed the rom according to the steps...however, when I restart my streak, I get stuck on the Dell logo and it just freezes there. Anybody have that problem? How can I troubleshoot this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users