Liquid Tether 0.3.9-1: Wireless Tethering for Acer Liquid

Guest gengaro86

Guest gengaro86
192.168.10.1, as far as I can remember.

Indeed, but it will be configurable in the next public beta which will be released next week :-)

Guest csics5
Indeed, but it will be configurable in the next public beta which will be released next week :-)

Thank you sir! It works with Vachuonay 1.0.1 also with the netfilter enabled kernel. The only missing thing is the iptables binary. Please make the next install with the binary, so vache 1.0.1 users can use this great app also.

Thanks!

Guest xintron
I must have messed up my "custom" rom, I just tried to flash lcr1.7 and your app works perfectly.

I did a nandroid of my previous rom, so I'll debug later @home.

So sorry for the time you spent for my faults!!!

if/ when you found out why it's not working, please share. got the exact same problem as you got.

Guest HustlinDaily

I think USB would be faster. But with WiFi, you can connect multiple devices.

Acer already has everything built in for USB tethering:

Wired tether is already built into your phone!

If that is what you want download Acer EasyLink

Download this program: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Ap...cer&SC=PA_6

(On Vista) Device Manager-->Modem-->Acer Android Modem-->Advanced-->enter the sting could be for all that: +CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”apn name”

Open the Acer EasyLink software

Settings

The number is just *99#

Make sure everything else is correct

Guest gengaro86

This weekly snapshot will be released on Friday night/Saturday morning, as I'm a bit busy with the university now (got an heavy exam on Monday).

Config panel is ready and (almost) working, LiquidTether is now a service and therefore won't be killed by the Android Memory Manager, other things are done, code is rewritten from scratch. Sources will be released in a few weeks.

Guest malez
This weekly snapshot will be released on Friday night/Saturday morning, as I'm a bit busy with the university now (got an heavy exam on Monday).

Config panel is ready and (almost) working, LiquidTether is now a service and therefore won't be killed by the Android Memory Manager, other things are done, code is rewritten from scratch. Sources will be released in a few weeks.

Hi and many congratulations for your work.

Do you mind if we include you application in next LCR release ?

If you refuse, I could understand of course.

Thank you for you usefull contribution for the community

Guest gengaro86
Hi and many congratulations for your work.

Do you mind if we include you application in next LCR release ?

If you refuse, I could understand of course.

Thank you for you usefull contribution for the community

I would be honored from that :)

Guest malez
I would be honored from that :)

Thank you very much for accepting.

Your words make me happy in this sad time.

So we are waiting patiently for your next release to include it.

Thank you

Guest gengaro86
Doing some tests.

Releasing version 0.2.8 in an hour, check OP for Download Links and ChangeLog =)

Actually, version number is 0.3.8, stupid.

Check OP!

Guest gengaro86
WIFI must be disable as with version 0.20 before start ?

Nope, it gets disabled by the app.

53 downloads and no feedbacks? Is everything working for you guys?

Guest csics5

We are in silence because works great. :) It was just a little test, but it's ok. Thank you for your work.

Have you read the comment what I have written about please include iptables binary in the install?

Edited by csics5

Guest tarvo

Hi, first I'd like to thank you for this magnificent piece of code. It has been working flawlessly for me :)

Just installed the new version and it seems to work fine.

There's just one thing that bothers me a lot. My downlink gets stuck at about 0.5mbit a lot. I have an unlimited speed data plan at the moment ('til the end of this summer) and I've been getting 6.5mbit speeds. But yesterday evening i finally realized that this speed cap happens when my Liquid drops the HSDPA link for a moment, switches to EDGE and then back to HSDPA, but after that it is 0.5mbit again :D To fix this I have to reboot the phone of switch to airplane mode and back. Then the speed is fine until HSDPA is dropped. It never recovers by itself, I always have to disable the radio for a moment.

What do you think this could be related to?

Has anyone else noticed such behavior on their Liquids?

I've been using LCR 1.7 with phh's 998mhz kernel and my Liquid is running without crashes. The 880mhz kernel has the same speed bug for me.

I have tried wiping and reflashing but nothing helps :P

EDIT: The strangest thing is that the upload speed is not affected.

I get 6.5mbit down and 1.2mbit up and after the speed cap 0.5mbit down and still 1.2mbit up.

After airplane mode:

873907396.png

On 2G:

873913139.png

Back to 3G (slooow):

873911696.png

Edited by tarvo

Guest gengaro86
We are in silence because works great. :) It was just a little test, but it's ok. Thank you for your work.

Have you read the comment what I have written about please include iptables binary in the install?

Yes I've read it. I didn't include iptables in this version because it needs to be in /system partition and I can't do a remount via adb. I'll try to find a solution in the next release. Sorry!

Guest cas™

is there the possibility to have also usb tethering?

previously i had a htc magik with cyanogenmod rom,

when i connect the phone to the usb windows detect it as a standar usb network card (no drivers required), the phone dhcp assign an IP to that card and the pc could connect through the connection in NAT mode.

a MUST HAVE.

Guest LoganX78
is there the possibility to have also usb tethering?

previously i had a htc magik with cyanogenmod rom,

when i connect the phone to the usb windows detect it as a standar usb network card (no drivers required), the phone dhcp assign an IP to that card and the pc could connect through the connection in NAT mode.

a MUST HAVE.

Easy Tether is the answer.

Guest cas™
Easy Tether is the answer.

not at all because you have to install the drivers. with the cyanogen mod rom you don't have to install anything. Everything is automatic and works in ANY windows machine.

( and also is free.. )

but Easy Tether is a good solution.