We need Legend HTC WWE 2.03.405.3 ROOT

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Hi there,

I'm barelly new to this forum but I'm reading topics about Legend since 2 months!

I'm a french user of HTC Legend and I really like my phone, except it is not rooted. And this is very annoying for me and I assume for a lot of users too.

Just to resume my situation, I bought a Legend, branded with SFR (Vodafone in France if you prefer) wich was in ROM 1.32...

As you can see, since the very first day, I wasn't able to get my Legend rooted because you need to be in 1.23 or at least in 1.31 :/

Luckily for me, few days after HTC release the ROM 2.03 and I was able, with a goldcard, to debrand my new Legend. But still no root for me.

Days and weeks are past and I still can't get my Legend rooted and it's very frustrating me, you can't imagine.

Every days I see on Paul's Twitter he root different android phones, playing with brand new stuff, etc.

But no update of the Legend in the news :/

About 2 weeks ago he said he will do it, then nothing happens. 3 days ago, same story and again no update :/

This morning I can see that he will release root for Wildfire tomorow so now I'm totally disapointing! Where are news for the HTC Legend?

It is a great mobile phone, very stylish, very performant. It is better than the HTC Hero and when I bought my Legend I was sure it was promise to a great future. But in fact NOT :D

The scene still prefer to works on Hero than on Legend, or on other new phones. Some people deliver us very good alternative ROMs but people like me who are stuck with non-rooted Legend cannot do anything with them.

I don't want to sell back my Legend to get a Nexus or a Desire or even a Wildfire (lol). I like, I enjoy my Legend and I can't understand the lack of interest from the scene for this great phone!

I made this thread to talk about my deception, my frustrations... I just want to ask to developpers to bring us a good update so people like me will finally can root their Legend and take full benefits from it.

I know there is a lot of posts where people complaining about the same thing, but I think it is important to say we really need a new rooted ROM from Paul or anyone able to do it.

I cannot root, I do not have the skills and the time to do such a thing. I'm tired to wait, tired to see other cellphones rooted every day.

Please, give us a new way to root :lol:

With kind regards!

Edited by Monsieur_KaZe

Guest RomanXoxol
Hi there,

I'm barelly new to this forum but I'm reading topics about Legend since 2 months!

I'm a french user of HTC Legend and I really like my phone, except it is not rooted. And this is very annoying for me and I assume for a lot of users too.

Just to resume my situation, I bought a Legend, branded with SFR (Vodafone in France if you prefer) wich was in ROM 1.32...

As you can see, since the very first day, I wasn't able to get my Legend rooted because you need to be in 1.23 or at least in 1.31 :/

Luckily for me, few days after HTC release the ROM 2.03 and I was able, with a goldcard, to debrand my new Legend. But still no root for me.

Days and weeks are past and I still can't get my Legend rooted and it's very frustrating me, you can't imagine.

Every days I see on Paul's Twitter he root different android phones, playing with brand new stuff, etc.

But no update of the Legend in the news :/

About 2 weeks ago he said he will do it, then nothing happens. 3 days ago, same story and again no update :/

This morning I can see that he will release root for Wildfire tomorow so now I'm totally disapointing! Where are news for the HTC Legend?

It is a great mobile phone, very stylish, very performant. It is better than the HTC Hero and when I bought my Legend I was sure it was promise to a great future. But in fact NOT :D

The scene still prefer to works on Hero than on Legend, or on other new phones. Some people deliver us very good alternative ROMs but people like me who are stuck with non-rooted Legend cannot do anything with them.

I don't want to sell back my Legend to get a Nexus or a Desire or even a Wildfire (lol). I like, I enjoy my Legend and I can't understand the lack of interest from the scene for this great phone!

I made this thread to talk about my deception, my frustrations... I just want to ask to developpers to bring us a good update so people like me will finally can root their Legend and take full benefits from it.

I know there is a lot of posts where people complaining about the same thing, but I think it is important to say we really need a new rooted ROM from Paul or anyone able to do it.

I cannot root, I do not have the skills and the time to do such a thing. I'm tired to wait, tired to see other cellphones rooted every day.

Please, give us a new way to root :lol:

With kind regards!

Paul makes it and wait for nothing but just a little it is, but even if it was not then Android is 2.2 for Legend

Guest capdcanoa

I totally agree with Monsieur_KaZe.

When I got my legend from Vodafone, I thought it was near the best mobile in the market, but two months later, I'm very frustrated with it.

I see updates for other phones, also for the old ones like Magic, and I feel I was tricked when I bought my legend.

I have no right to demand a root to anybody. I just want to complain against HTC and Vodafone, to sell this phone like an amazing machine with real no interest.

I bought an andorid phone because all the developers it has, but I bought the wrong mobile.

Regards.

Edited by capdcanoa

Guest zabak
I totally agree with Monsieur_KaZe.

When I got my legend from Vodafone, I thought it was near the best mobile in the market, but two months later, I'm very frustrated with it.

I see updates for other phones, also for the old ones like Magic, and I feel I was tricked when I bought my legend.

I have no right to demand a root to anybody. I just want to complain against HTC and Vodafone, to sell this phone like an amazing machine with real no interest.

I bought an andorid phone because all the developers it has, but I bought the wrong mobile.

Regards.

I agree

I have Indian Rom and yes its unrooted so far. Developers please please read this and help all ...:lol:

Guest lengfo

I want to root my legend (2.03) too .

I try to root it myself :

1.Use the package of 'r4-legend-root.zip' ;

2.Downgrade the HBoot ;

3.Flash the SPL Off ;

but Im faild . Im Crazy :lol: ,So I need help .

I discussed the script in package of 'r4-legend-root.zip' , I find the important thing is 'testImage.zip' ,

If anyone can build a new version 'testImage.zip' with SPL off ,then make the 'r5-legend-root.zip' ,all of us are free.

Poor my english ,Im from China

Thank all

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

And one more day without news about an eventual alternative root for our Legend.

It is sad, very sad...

Anyway, thanks to the people who support my request! I don't want to spam Paul on Twitter or via PM so I hope he will see this thread and give us an answer... Or at least our wished ROM :lol:

Guest kaska_pt
And one more day without news about an eventual alternative root for our Legend.

It is sad, very sad...

Anyway, thanks to the people who support my request! I don't want to spam Paul on Twitter or via PM so I hope he will see this thread and give us an answer... Or at least our wished ROM :)

yep...indeed... i'm now seriously considering to sell my Legend and buy myself a Desire...at least there are tons of stuff for it, and it won't die anytime soon...as for the legend...i'm starting to think it was never alive :D

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

The fact is Paul can't stop to tease us on his Twitter.

Every 3 days he posts he will release new root for Legend... And each time nothing happens!

I don't understand him and I don't understand the scene: keeping working on Magic or Hero.

They choose the 'easiest' way, that's all.

They ask for donations, support. They want us to click their ads...

Listen: I'm ready to PAY for my root, really! I'm so bored and tired to wait for it that I'm really agree to pay for my root. But I will not paid anything till they release it.

Imagine I suscribed to premium account on MoDaCo in the hope to see my beautiful root coming and then nothing comes out... Very annoying!

I prefer to wait and see something change.

The badest thing in the story? Still no response from developpers, no explanations.

Edited by Monsieur_KaZe

Guest Qz3m
The fact is Paul can't stop to tease us on his Twitter.

Every 3 days he posts he will release new root for Legend... And each time nothing happens!

I don't understand him and I don't understand the scene: keeping working on Magic or Hero.

They choose the 'easiest' way, that's all.

They ask for donations, support. They want us to click their ads...

Listen: I'm ready to PAY for my root, really! I'm so bored and tired to wait for it that I'm really agree to pay for my root. But I will not paid anything till they release it.

Imagine I suscribed to premium account on MoDaCo in the hope to see my beautiful root coming and then nothing comes out... Very annoying!

I prefer to wait and see something change.

The badest thing in the story? Still no response from developpers, no explanations.

Stop complaining and try the method I've posted already before. And Paul is not the only one who is working on rooting an custom roms, there are many other developers, who already published their roms to the community.

Try this link! It supposed to be the universal root method for any HTC Android 2.1 device!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=713347

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I already tested this method, days before you post your links here and it doesn't work: this is why I will not stop to complaining =)

And why am I so devoted to ask Paul to give us the new root? Simply because he is the one who never stop to claim he will release it on his Twitter: that's why!

We don't give a f**** about new rooted ROMs because they are only compatible with already rooted Legend.

What we need is a new way to root it, a method compatible with the stock 2.03...

I assume this is hard to explain to people who have a rooted Legend but I will try.

You were able to root because you had a ROM under the version 1.31 (or equivalent) when Paul release his method. For now, people with 1.32 or 2.03 CANNOT root, the method is not compatible with those ROMs.

With a 1.31 rooted Legend you are able to upgrade to 2.03 rooted but 1.32 and 2.03 stock are not...

We are many users that already tried to adapt Paul's method with new custom ROM. And we are many users trying to find alternative methods like the one you poste above. Unfortunatly they are ineffective.

So for the last time, please don't think I am happy to come here and to be such a fucker who never stop to complain. Me and other Legend users want to have explanations: why is there such a lack of support for the HTC Legend?

Edited by Monsieur_KaZe

Guest kaska_pt

it's very sad I tell you... this is an amazing phone, with so much potential, and simply no one gives a damn about it on any site or forum. Just look at the topic counters lololol

People just say it's good looking,well designed and conceived... f*ck with all that cra*! we have a 600mhz VERY GOOD cpu that is in no way "old stuff", 5mp camera, wireless, optical trackball...come on guys the main difference to the desire or nexus is the snapdragon @1ghz. That's basically it!

We know the desire is the TOP phone along with nexus but I don't think there's a good reason for not working also on the Legend.

For me, I've had it, I've never been so disappointed with such an incredible phone, I actually feel ridiculous for wanting to root and test a couple of roms and I can't even root the damn phone!

My solution is simple...will sell my legend and grab myself a desire if anything doesn't come up soon...

This post and words are not to offend anyone. I respect that every man has it's own choices, I just made a wrong one along with the remaining Legend community

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Personally I will not sell my Legend: it is smart, it is fast, it is not too heavy. Compared to the Desire, I think Legend is the Android phone I need and I won't let it down.

If only I could speak to Paul, I think I would be able to change his mind about the Legend. But he never answer my PM (I'm not surprised)...

Nevermind, I still have faith: a day will come where Legend will be rooted again :)

Guest kaska_pt
Personally I will not sell my Legend: it is smart, it is fast, it is not too heavy. Compared to the Desire, I think Legend is the Android phone I need and I won't let it down.

If only I could speak to Paul, I think I would be able to change his mind about the Legend. But he never answer my PM (I'm not surprised)...

Nevermind, I still have faith: a day will come where Legend will be rooted again :)

true mate, a day will come...the question is "when?"

I'm not willing to have my Legend at 50% throttle when I can have a nexus or desire at 110%

Guest lengfo
the universal rooting method does not work for FW 2.03.405.3.

device is not detected in recovery mode.

I have tryed to root 2.03 by "[Root] SimpleRoot v1.3 (Linux/Windows)"

It's not work , "error: device not found"

Is there anyone rooted ,please tell me here

Guest zabak

Rest in peace - HTC Legend. Thats what I feel. There will be no root or update unless HTC realeases in Quarter 3. Call HTC Helpdesk or email to ensure the Froyo update rather than waiting for root.

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Are you kidding ? Do you think that Froyo update will bring to Legend a new interest from the scene ?

I think not! Legend is dying, no update will save it...

Android scene is a mess: too much phones, not enough developpers for 'hacking tools'. Plus with HTC and it's Sens interface there are limitations. Not to mention the restriction applied by the providers like Vodafone or SFR...

Guest lengfo
that does not work at home either with the 2.03

"error: device not found"

I read the script find that "error: device not found" is due to

Execute 'adb shell' command In Recovery mode failed

the hboot , recovey edition is latest ,and drivers is not support ,If HTC release new editon of Sync software ,we could do this root .

I don't know ,just guess