We need Legend HTC WWE 2.03.405.3 ROOT

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Oh My God: Paul is really pissing me off...

Sorry everyone for my bad langage but look at this: http://twitpic.com/236cl2

So now Wildfire is rooted. Oh is it important to mention that Wildfire was released about 2 weeks ago?

Damn, I will die! For sure I will die before something great happens to Legend from Paul!

Edit: finally got a direct message from him on my Twitter about rooting 2.03 > PaulOBrien: @godelthomas Yeah, working on that too...

It seems I won't die without root ^^

Edited by Monsieur_KaZe

Guest kaska_pt

Sorry everyone for my bad langage but look at this: http://twitpic.com/236cl2

So now Wildfire is rooted. Oh is it important to mention that Wildfire was released about 2 weeks ago?

Damn, I will die! For sure I will die before something great happens to Legend from Paul!

Edit: finally got a direct message from him on my Twitter about rooting 2.03 > PaulOBrien: @godelthomas Yeah, working on that too...

It seems I won't die without root ^^

I've seen it tooo!!!!! alrrriiiightttttt Pauuul!!!! do your stuff!!! :) maybe I won't sell this piece of c*ap(my precious!) after all!

Guest Paul

Bit harsh! :D

As soon as 2.03 is possible I will release it.

Just because i'm not posting about it, doesn't mean i'm not working on it... :)

P

Guest kaska_pt
Bit harsh! :P

P

thank you for letting us know you're still on track with us...

I feel that Legend has a lot to offer, and it will be a shame if no one gives it a boost :D

Thank you Paul

Guest lengfo
Bit harsh! :P

P

Paul , Thank you !

I'm try to root it ,field again and again ,I'm carzy :D

Guest AEtharr

I suppose with this new light on the subject, I would have to ask. If Paul is working on rooting 2.03, would it be worth upgrading my 1.32x phone to 2.03 as i currently can't root it. Doesn't it supposedly improve the battery life and some other stuff? AND I really hate the Vodafone logos >_>.. What do you think?

Regards

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

From my own experience I do not recommand to update to 2.03 until root is available!

Simply because some apps disappeared from the Market and you will have the horrible sound from HTC at the boot :/

If I were able to downgrade to 1.32 I will do it immediatly. Pinch-Zoom in Google Maps is not essential.

Guest AEtharr
From my own experience I do not recommand to update to 2.03 until root is available!

Simply because some apps disappeared from the Market and you will have the horrible sound from HTC at the boot :/

If I were able to downgrade to 1.32 I will do it immediatly. Pinch-Zoom in Google Maps is not essential.

That's great, thanks for your opinion.. Though to be honest.. the HTC sound cant be that bad.. and pinch to zoom is indeed non-essential.. but what about Battery life? did you notice an improvement?

Guest aisforandy

Yep, the update is not worth losing the ability to root - I have also lost access to some paid apps I bought.

The HTC sound (ironically it sounds just as "quietly brilliant" appears on the screen!) can be turned off by downloading an app called Silent Boot.

Guest AEtharr
Yep, the update is not worth losing the ability to root - I have also lost access to some paid apps I bought.

The HTC sound (ironically it sounds just as "quietly brilliant" appears on the screen!) can be turned off by downloading an app called Silent Boot.

I don't Have the ability to root.. 1.32, believe me, i've tried ;P Though again, the battery life is what im the most interested in.

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I really dunno if 2.03 is increasing the battery life.

Anyway I recommand you to DL Juice Defender on the Market: this app let me double (litterally) the capacity of my battery!

I bought the 'premium' version of the app which gives you more options to save 'juice'... If you have questions: PM :)

Guest joeball88
I feel an influx of donations from Canada to Paul once we all get root! Thanks Paul!

He's got one here, if it does happen. That's for sure!

Guest kaska_pt
I don't Have the ability to root.. 1.32, believe me, i've tried ;P Though again, the battery life is what im the most interested in.

For you to have an idea, I have the 2.03 and my usual use of the phone, with 3G data always ON (i've got a data plan, so no wireless for me, it drains the juice faster :D ), i take it of of the charger at 6.00AM , i have a heavy use of gmail all day long, friendstream and Facebook updating every hour, latitude widget always updating, a bit of browsing at modaco and xda lol, about half an hour of phone calls or so, and by 00.00 i've got about 20-30% battery remaining.

Don't know if it's good or bad, but I've got a charge it every day when I go to sleep.

I really dunno if 2.03 is increasing the battery life.

Anyway I recommand you to DL Juice Defender on the Market: this app let me double (litterally) the capacity of my battery!

I bought the 'premium' version of the app which gives you more options to save 'juice'... If you have questions: PM :)

The question is, what sort of stuff do you loose by using juice defender? it disables several updating options from what i've seen so, if it isn't to be always "connected" what's the use of android?that's just my opinion.

Battery issues? grab yourselves a 1800mah bat from Mugen, there have been some good reports of it at XDA, about 30% gain. Technically you should gain 38,46% of battery life, almost 50% plus!

Edited by kaska_pt

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I don't think Mugen delivers to France :/

That's the point... And about Juice Defender: you're right, with this app I'm not ALWAYS connected but it's fine for me. I do not need my phone to beep every 5min ^^

Guest kaska_pt
I don't think Mugen delivers to France :/

That's the point... And about Juice Defender: you're right, with this app I'm not ALWAYS connected but it's fine for me. I do not need my phone to beep every 5min ^^

lol I do hihihihi

Guest AEtharr
For you to have an idea, I have the 2.03 and my usual use of the phone, with 3G data always ON (i've got a data plan, so no wireless for me, it drains the juice faster :D ), i take it of of the charger at 6.00AM , i have a heavy use of gmail all day long, friendstream and Facebook updating every hour, latitude widget always updating, a bit of browsing at modaco and xda lol, about half an hour of phone calls or so, and by 00.00 i've got about 20-30% battery remaining.

Don't know if it's good or bad, but I've got a charge it every day when I go to sleep.

The question is, what sort of stuff do you loose by using juice defender? it disables several updating options from what i've seen so, if it isn't to be always "connected" what's the use of android?that's just my opinion.

Battery issues? grab yourselves a 1800mah bat from Mugen, there have been some good reports of it at XDA, about 30% gain. Technically you should gain 38,46% of battery life, almost 50% plus!

Thanks Kaska, that seems like quite an increase to be fair.. I dont always get through the day on mine, being sure to pack in my charger cable to plug into my lappy when necessary.. but it sounds like yours gets some pretty decent mileage thanks for the info. :)

Guest kaska_pt
Thanks Kaska, that seems like quite an increase to be fair.. I dont always get through the day on mine, being sure to pack in my charger cable to plug into my lappy when necessary.. but it sounds like yours gets some pretty decent mileage thanks for the info. :)

For you to know, today besides all the use i've said,i've used the gps also for about 1,5 hour with copilot and google maps.at the time i'm writing i have 31% percent left. It's 14.05h...

Edit: 16:35...6% left...charging...lol (After a couple of phonecalls, mail,forums...and so on

Sorry for the off topic! I STILL WANT ROOT! LOL

Edited by kaska_pt

Guest danishh

all this hating on the developers, or even hating on the phone, makes no sense to me.

we all bought the legend because it is a beautiful, small, yet still powerful phone. We knew what we wanted, and knew that no other phone on the market offered these same features.

if that's what you really wanted, you shouldnt have a problem waiting for the devs to figure out how to root the newer firmwares. It will come eventually, but until then, we still have our beautiful, small, and powerful phones.

I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to root my legend, and am yet another canadian user guaranteeing paid compensation through modaco plus. I'm sure the devs are working on it (paul for one has indicated this repeatedly), and bitching about waiting isnt going to make it go any faster.

Guest AEtharr
all this hating on the developers, or even hating on the phone, makes no sense to me.

we all bought the legend because it is a beautiful, small, yet still powerful phone. We knew what we wanted, and knew that no other phone on the market offered these same features.

if that's what you really wanted, you shouldnt have a problem waiting for the devs to figure out how to root the newer firmwares. It will come eventually, but until then, we still have our beautiful, small, and powerful phones.

I'm eagerly awaiting the ability to root my legend, and am yet another canadian user guaranteeing paid compensation through modaco plus. I'm sure the devs are working on it (paul for one has indicated this repeatedly), and bitching about waiting isnt going to make it go any faster.

Here here.. nice to see that there are like-minded folk around here.

Guest fighting4android

With all the developers kinda staying shut on the legend , makes me think twice to keep this phone for six months at a long shot ...