We need Legend HTC WWE 2.03.405.3 ROOT

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I want to answer to danishh and AEtharr...

The purpose of this topic is not to blame the developpers who cannot root the Legend.

It is to ask them why they don't gives us informations about their work: what sort of problem are they faced off?

We were at a point where nobody knows if the scene still concerned about the Legend.

There were no news, no discussions, no progress at any point!

Althought a lot of other phones were in the spot of the devs, even old phones.

This orientation of the scene frustrated many of us and it was the time to manifest our deception and our expectations...

From now Paul told us to be patient: he's working to solve problems and to deliver us a good 2.03 rooted version.

Fine! Now we are aware of the situation and we can calm down.

Until his intervention we felt left out.

You cannot understand our reasons to complain? Good but you don't need to say YOU don't need root.

In fact we need! We need to use LED as a Flashlight, we need to support A2SD, we need to install custom ROM, we need to access to some apps in the market...

We need it for A LOT of reasons, that's all.

Guest ugrubni
Great Paul has come to here a moment before ,but he didn't leave anything .

my heart is very cool :)

please stop crying around. just stop and wait till paul will release the root.

i have the legend 2, but i can wait. to rail against paul is really not the right way

he has a lot of devices to care about, so he is very busy, and there are lot of devices what are more popular then the legend.

go buy a desire!

Edited by ugrubni

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Come on, how could you come here and say that stupid phrase "go buy a desire"???

Like a lot of Legend users, lengfo really enjoy his phone but like a lot of Android users he wants his phone to be rooted, certainly because he wants to do MORE with it!

And you ugrubni, you came here and you bother for no reason... Man this is your first post and you went here just to ruin everything we try to build by warning Paul and other devs that the community around the Legend is worried about its futur. This is nonsense Oo

The most epic thing is that you actually own a Legend! You should be more concern about our problem, you should support this thread.

lengfo, other users and me are all waiting for this new root to come out. We have difficulties to wait for it especially when tons of other phones are rooted every week.

For us it's hard to figure if the devs are really working hard when we see them on Twitter chatting about the sunshine or the new stuff they just acquired!

Sometimes we feel we are left behind by the scene. If you really like your Legend you should be able to understand this. If not, then go buy a desire!

Edited by Monsieur_KaZe

Guest joeball88
Come on, how could you come here and say that stupid phrase "go buy a desire"???

Like a lot of Legend users, lengfo really enjoy his phone but like a lot of Android users he wants his phone to be rooted, certainly because he wants to do MORE with it!

And you ugrubni, you came here and you bother for no reason... Man this is your first post and you went here just to ruin everything we try to build by warning Paul and other devs that the community around the Legend is worried about its futur. This is nonsense Oo

The most epic thing is that you actually own a Legend! You should be more concern about our problem, you should support this thread.

lengfo, other users and me are all waiting for this new root to come out. We have difficulties to wait for it especially when tons of other phones are rooted every week.

For us it's hard to figure if the devs are really working hard when we see them on Twitter chatting about the sunshine or the new stuff they just acquired!

Sometimes we feel we are left behind by the scene. If you really like your Legend you should be able to understand this. If not, then go buy a desire!

Seriously dude, let it go. It was a comment made in jest.

Paul wants to enjoy the sunshine and get all the devices he wants, that's his prerogative. he is under NO obligation to do anything for us.

Please allow me to let you in on something. Your comments have by and large been the most detrimental to our cause - You come off as a frustrated toddler unable to fathom why everyone isn't giving him exactly what he wants, when he wants it. Just take it easy! Hell, I wouldn't be rushing to do anything for us either when the loudest proponent is also the least respectful.

I check back on this thread to see if any progress has actually been made. When I get an email saying there is a response to this thread, I become hopeful! --- Only to find out it's you flaming someone for an innocent comment. Oh, and I fully expect to get flamed as well, so my apologies to you other hopeful subscribers.

By the way ugrubni, welcome to the community. Sorry your first response was so unwelcoming.

Guest kaska_pt

Well, everything has been said, all the complaints have been made...

Guess what?! I went crazy over the weekend, and done the only thing that could ease my mind...simply bought a Desire.

I'm actually very upset to have came to this point because I REALLY LOVE THE LEGEND. it has awesome specs, a unique aluminium body construction, it's simply beautiful, but it will always run for the silver medal with the N1 and Desire around.

In my simple opinion, I actually prefer having a phone that is about + 50/80€ and that isn't "THE" most beautiful phone in the market(Legend), but that I know will have a brutal estimated longer life expectancy and assistance in all the Android community. In resume, when the Desire or N1 will die, the Legend has been long gone.

I honestly hope HTC thinks of launching a "Legire" or "Desirend" or even a "Super-Hero" where they'll make the fusion between the revolution on Hero, looks and shell of the Legend and the power of Desire. Will buy it for sure.

The best part is I'm happy for all Legend users, because most of the times that I do these crazy actions I tend to regret... just a little time afterwards, softwares and custom firmwares and stuff start coming out (like in next day lol) so I'm counting on it in the name of Legend community :)

Sorry for the long post, but had to share it with you guys.

Guest kaska_pt
Haha:) Congratulations with your Desire!

And if roots start rolling in tomorrow, I'm happy.

Good luck with your new phone!

tks mate...unfortunatelly, i haven't received it yet :angry: damn.... so no root for the legend untill tomorrow night(if i receive it tomorrow!) damn i hope i'm right! lolol

Guest kaska_pt

f*****ck this...i'm pissedd...my cable isn't working! it's a mini with a micro usb converter...now i'm pisseeeedddd....

report back dude!!!!!don't leave us hanging!!!! i'll be able to try it just at home...3hours till I get there...it's just too much suffering...

f*****ck this...i'm pissedd...my cable isn't working! it's a mini with a micro usb converter...now i'm pisseeeedddd....

report back dude!!!!!don't leave us hanging!!!! i'll be able to try it just at home...3hours till I get there...it's just too much suffering...

It did not work on mine,just tried.

error msg is "not enough space on recovery"

tried two times only ...

Edited by lgnd

Guest joeball88
It did not work on mine,just tried.

error msg is "not enough space on recovery"

Yeah when I'm pushing the recovery image I just keep getting an "erase failure" then, oddly, a 'No space left on device' error.

...Another fail.

Guest kaska_pt

helppp usss!!!! this seems to be some minor issue "coders" ! if it can't erase the recovery image, the new one won't fit... right? (i don't know if i'm making any sense but i hope so!lol)

could this be a minor bug?!?!?

helppp usss!!!! this seems to be some minor issue "coders" ! if it can't erase the recovery image, the new one won't fit... right? (i don't know if i'm making any sense but i hope so!lol)

could this be a minor bug?!?!?

I have no idea ,im skipping this command (adb push EvilEris3.0.zip /sdcard)....since this is not for legend.

Guest joeball88
I have no idea ,im skipping this command (adb push EvilEris3.0.zip /sdcard)....since this is not for legend.

yeah, same here. I replaced it with a ROM for the Legend, but it said I didn't have permission. what am I, a child?! :angry:

Guest kaska_pt

hum...i don't wanna be annoying but...isn't that supposed to be ussed, to push the rooted "rom" we wan't to the sdcard? just replace the evileris3.0.zip with a rooted rom and do the "adb push nameoftherom.zip /sdcard" command no? am i seeing this wrong?

Guest joeball88
hum...i don't wanna be annoying but...isn't that supposed to be ussed, to push the rooted "rom" we wan't to the sdcard? just replace the evileris3.0.zip with a rooted rom and do the "adb push nameoftherom.zip /sdcard" command no? am i seeing this wrong?

that only works after you have rooted the phone. The 'push recovery.img" is the critical step, and it just isnt working.

:angry:

Guest kaska_pt
that only works after you have rooted the phone. The 'push recovery.img" is the critical step, and it just isnt working.

:angry:

Now i'm confused...according to the guide it is before the Root or have i red wrong?