Wrong keyboard settings???

Guest garlic651986

Guest garlic651986

The problem is special keys (?, !, ', etc.) are can not type by hardware keyboard..

Anyone knows what's the problem?? How can fix it??? Plz... I really need type "?" by hardware kb..

Guest boyong

there is a couple of possibilities.

1. maybe you are just not pressing it correctly. you should press and hold the alt button when pressing the left arrow button which contains the ? in order to type ? or else it will just move the cursor to the left.

2. you are pressing it correctly but instead that the ? appears, another symbol appears. If that is the case, you've installed a wrong csc into your B7610. If you install the csc of the JC2 rom, that will happen.

Guest Jimmy X

oddly enought I posted exactly the same issue - I posted mine in the ROM thread that I use. Incidentally, what ROM are you using? Did you flash the PDA part only (like I have)? Or did you mess with the CSC?

Now ! works for me. < > are mapped to [ ] ~ is ' and ? is /

None fail to pickup anything - they all do something. I have never played with the CSC, only ever flashing the PDA. Using deskalos 23568.

Strangely, If I press <alt> and <shift> and some keys then I get weird combinations. <left> gives me ;/ but I havent been able to coax out a ? < > or ~

Edited by Jimmy X

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

This issue is occurring for me too after I flashed the JE2 ROM and CSC. But This problem is not because of the CSC, I have tried many different CSCs all are giving this problem. I also erased my CSC completely still the problem was there. Plus its only occurring in the cooked ROMs. If I flash the MST of Original JC2 ROM, its working absolutely fine. But cooked roms of JC2, JE2 etc, all are giving this problem. I am not sure what is causing this issue.

But one thing is sure, CSCs are not the only cause of hardware keyboard problems. Something else is there too.

Anyone having an idea about all this?

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest boyong
Have the same problem aswell.

Flashed the official ROM

PDA: XXJC2

CSC EEJC2

XXJC1

You flashed the JC2 csc so that problem will really occur on you. Try changing your csc. The JC2 csc has swedish keyboard layout.

Guest darkhelmetnl
You flashed the JC2 csc so that problem will really occur on you. Try changing your csc. The JC2 csc has swedish keyboard layout.

OK, wil do.

Have found the following topic with a ROM which should work.

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...ge-flash-files/

Can I just take the CSC and flash it? Or do i need to do a full reset afterwards, or do I even have to flash it all over again?

Edited by darkhelmetnl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy X

well im just living with mine.

Other weird quirks: different apps produce different results. For instance. I can get the ! to appear in opera but not in the text message app. Now that is weird.

• 1 year later...
Guest zekezyptt

well im just living with mine.

Other weird quirks: different apps produce different results. For instance. I can get the ! to appear in opera but not in the text message app. Now that is weird.

what do you must:

take octans

take csc from JC2

do this: yours language and take from list cscXXXXXwil2

flash

your phone will be in HR state and will be fine.