Root

Guest cirra

Guest cirra

Hi Guys,

3 days ago paul said on twitter that root will be there by the next day.

i checked xda and ofc his twitter again but cant find anything.

is there some hidden place or am i just blind? :lol:

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Does it include bootloader unlock?Is that metod reversible to stock situation for not avoiding warranty?

Guest Ntt4

Is there any chance of seeing root coming to the device soon?

I can't flash stock roms either for some reason, so I'm relying on this :) - Never mind, I was being an idiot and sticking myself in a bootloop in fastboot. lol.

Edited by Ntt4

Guest Diamas
It failed at flashing de update.zip and we had the good hboot version.

So paul deleted it.

Me too... i have same problem!!! :) I hope to publish newer guide to root Wildfire!!! I have a lot of plans to do.... :D

Guest konna280

am i right in thinking that my attempt at rooting the wildfire aint gonna happen quite yet with the current guides out there then?

i've just got this on contract with three and spotted pauls guide on several websites, so spent a good few hours trying to get the update to work, just to get file verification errors thrown back at me! :angry: :D

hboot version is 0.80.0003 by the way, does that mean i'll still be able to root it or not?

Edited by konna280

Guest Joe D

Just got my wildfire, and was wondering if it'll work on 0.80.0003 as well :D

Cant wait till its rooted :angry: My friend told me he knows someone whos attempting a root today, so if i find anything out ill be sure to spread the word ;)

Guest Ashbeard

Looking forward to this being rooted. Since my Pulse's USB port broke I can't use custom ROMS so my hopes now lie with the Wildfire.

Guest fatattack

eagerly awaiting Paul's new results myself aswell here :angry:

in the meantime, is there already a custom rom out to flash the wildfire with after root ?

Basically, I want to get rid of sense and preferably of course go straight to 2.2

also, does anyone know where to get the official rom that is currently on the wildfire ( 2.1update1 ) so that if at some time I want to revert back to stock, I can flash it on again.

thanks for answering