Photo

Smilgs linux tools ASE scripts (installing bash, dropbear, mc, nano, opkg)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Smilgs

Smilgs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, HTC Hero
Hello all.
During setting up a workable SSH connection to my Android (with all tools needed),
I created some scripts + resources using ASE (Android Scripting Engine) for installing:
  • Additional scripts:
  • start/stop dropbear
  • mount /system RW/RO
!!! if you don't know what any of the above is, the scripts are most probably not for you)
The scripts & installed tools should work from Hero and Desire - actually should work from other devices but I have only tested these two.
Also I have tested only on Modaco ROMs, based on 2.1.
All files are installed to /data, binaries / shell scripts to /data/xbin

To run the scripts, you need toP.S.1. If installing nano and mc and plan to run from within sh (not bash), then run this prior:
export TERM=linux
export TERMINFO=/etc/terminfo
P.S.2. Also sharing the following cmd script that initiates port forwarding and launches putty SSH connection to Android (useful to connect using cable).
Must edit the cmd to point to the actual location of putty, and adb.exe must be in PATH for it to work.
I used the following putty connection: localhost. port 2222, auto-login-username=root, specified private key for authentication, and remote command "/data/xbin/bash --rcfile ~/.bashrc" (if you want to use bash instead of the default sh)
adb forward tcp:2222 tcp:2222
pthtoputty\putty.exe -load "android"

Edited by Smilgs, 04 July 2010 - 01:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users