Battery Use

Guest gravityz3r0

Guest gravityz3r0

This question has been boggling me for a while, can somebody help to clarify this? For example if the live wallpaper show 10%, does it means:

1. Wallpaper had consume 10% out of total usage since it first boot.(cumulative)

2.wallpaper is currently consuming 10% out off total usage.(instantaneous)

3. Wallpaper is going to use 10% of ur total usage if u kept it on.(prediction)

4. Or some other explanation that I might have missed.

Also, is there such a software that will measure real time wattage?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest nrajesh
This question has been boggling me for a while, can somebody help to clarify this? For example if the live wallpaper show 10%, does it means:

1. Wallpaper had consume 10% out of total usage since it first boot.(cumulative)

2.wallpaper is currently consuming 10% out off total usage.(instantaneous)

3. Wallpaper is going to use 10% of ur total usage if u kept it on.(prediction)

4. Or some other explanation that I might have missed.

Also, is there such a software that will measure real time wattage?

Thanks in advance!

I think ans would be your point 2. I've seen voltage etc while using BatteryLife. Try it.

Guest gravityz3r0
I think ans would be your point 2. I've seen voltage etc while using BatteryLife. Try it.

thanks for your input, but batterylife isnt what i'm looking for because it doesn't show the rate of which the battery is currently being drained.

Guest AndyCr15

I beleive its none of the above.

It's 10% of battery usage since it was last unplugged from power. That is what it is on the Nexus One anyway.

Can anyone comment on battery life compared to a Desire or N1 they might also have owned? (In other words, mine lasts X hours isn't much use :) )

Guest xedamen

Hy All!

I have a question: How long time can play music the phone? Because i'm thinking about iphone 4 vs Galaxy S. iPhone 4 can play music about for 40 hours (with use it's about 25 hours) My acer liquid's battery is 100 at 11 a.m when I get up, and it's under 15 % at 9-10 p.m, and i don't use the phone... I want to change down this device. So i'm wonder about the music playing time :) Has anybody any information of this?

Guest AndyCr15
iPhone 4 can play music about for 40 hours (with use it's about 25 hours)

I find this hard to believe. Who has actually got this use from it?

Guest xedamen
I find this hard to believe. Who has actually got this use from it?

Sorry, but it isn't answer for my question... I'm listening music on my phone so much, so I'm interested in this theme.

Guest gravityz3r0
Sorry, but it isn't answer for my question... I'm listening music on my phone so much, so I'm interested in this theme.

The new Samsung i9000 Galaxy S smartphone comes equipped with with 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery that offers upto 450 hrs standby time and 560 mins of talktime on 2G network. The phone allows upto 4.5 hours of video playback and upto 35 hours of continuous music playback.

Source : http://www.tech2day.com/android-powered-sa...nched-in-india/

However, test performed by GSMArena shows that it can successfully play a SD video up to 7hours 20mins (Source : http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-i9000-gal...itics-to-shame/ ), so take the statement above with a pinch of salt, you might even get a better performance out of the number stated. All in all, i think the battery life is pretty much the same as Iphone 4 when comes to music playing. Not like you are going to play music 40 hours straight anyway.

Guest gravityz3r0

-double post-

why the heck did my browser keep double posting by itself?

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest dayloon

As the owner of both the galaxy s and an iphone 4, I can tell you that the battery on the iphone lasts A LOT longer than on the galaxy.

Guest dr_ysp
As the owner of both the galaxy s and an iphone 4, I can tell you that the battery on the iphone lasts A LOT longer than on the galaxy.

u r one rich guy :)

Guest aeo087

I listen to about 3 hours worth of music every day, read my emails all the time, talk for around 20-30 min, and use gtalk most of the day on my phone... I go to work for 8-10 hours and come back home with 50-60%, I find that to be pretty good...

Edited by aeo087

Guest dagrim1

How much is A LOT?

Guest aeo087
How much is A LOT?

It can't be too much... If you're just checking your emails, text message, listen to 2-3 hours of music, do a little bit of browsing and maps, and talk around 30-40 min a day, your SGS should comfortably last around 26+ hours until completely dead...

Guest Azurren

Heh, mess your galaxy up and completely ruin it so it matches the iPhone (Use memory manager and set it so only 1 app can be active at any time, Turn off sync and data) and then do a fair compassion to the iPhone 4

Yes, the iPhone 4 will probably last longer but how much longer?

Yes turning all those features off does defeat the point in having an android phone but you have to compare like-for-like features

Guest Andrew Luecke

The question is, is it because of the hardware, or is it because of Software? Remember, the iPhone's use compiled software whilst Android phones use bytecode. Froyo may also affect these times and the software you run.

Furthermore, we can replace the battery with bigger capacity ones more easily on non apple phones. I intend to upgrade to a 2000mah one when they are available.

I do agree with the others, it isn't really fair to compare them without setting their configuration up to be similar. It isn't fair for instance to run live wallpapers on Android whilst comparing. Or to regularly sync facebook and Gmail on Android whilst nothing is really synced on iPhone...

Anyway, battery life will get better on the i9000 as the software improves.

Guest veper

Is it just me or is there no WIFI usage listed under "Battery use" menu on SGS? It is listed as a separate process on my Moto Milestone.

Guest ryukent

Considering for the difference in price you can probably have 10 spare batteries with a Galaxy S I'd say the Samsung beats the iPhone any day. I mean you could go a whole week of VERY intensive use and no need to find a power socket. No Apple phone will ever offer this kind of convenience.

Guest dsjr2006
Heh, mess your galaxy up and completely ruin it so it matches the iPhone (Use memory manager and set it so only 1 app can be active at any time, Turn off sync and data) and then do a fair compassion to the iPhone 4

Yes, the iPhone 4 will probably last longer but how much longer?

Yes turning all those features off does defeat the point in having an android phone but you have to compare like-for-like features

Wasn't aware the iPhone doesn't sync or multitask?