Camera - is it capable auto-focus??

Guest locker138

Guest locker138

when i try to use it for bar-code scanner, i found the camera can not auto-focus well to the bar-code.

so, has this phone got the auto-focus function, or just me...??

Guest Azurren
when i try to use it for bar-code scanner, i found the camera can not auto-focus well to the bar-code.

so, has this phone got the auto-focus function, or just me...??

It does have an auto focus.

Although Barcode scanner may not be coded to make use of the minis auto-focus :)

Guest Gjole86

pulse's mini autofocus is kinda funny. no autofocusing in barcode scans and auto-autofocuses in camera shoot mode ... wish i can turn it off, not too annoying at day, but at night its like a damn disco club -.-

Guest damnsmalldan

Yes. it does have autofocus.

It makes a clicky noise.

It works with Google Goggles, Google Shopper etc.

It does seem to work for me on the camera application.

Guest Gjole86

with camera application, do u see some strange behavior of auto-focus feature. my pulse mini auto focuses if i shake it arround and not pressing the camera side key nor the touch screen button. with LED flash set to auto it tryes to autofocus every time i move the phone, like autofocus depends on G-Sensor. if u dont get what i mean ill record a video, mut im 99% sure it shouldnt work like that.

again, simple scenario: go to camera app, set LED flash to auto. while holding the phone still in place wont happen anything and it will autofocus on pressin button. but if u move the phone from close object to, lets say 1.5m far object it autofocuses without pressin anybutton. also. if i stay at same object and not move the phone at all it wont autofocus on it (only if u press shoot key, both hardware and from touch screen). but if u shake the phone it will autofocus.

i dont know if this is right, but so far it seems too odd to be retail rom behaviour (maybe hardware problem). so i ask u users on pulse mini to explain ur exiriance with camera app. thx alot

Guest damnsmalldan

Yes, it does seem odd... mine likes to click a lot when using the camera..

I guess this is autofocus.

Maybe shaking it causes it to need to refocus as the hardware is adjusted by the shakng in someway?

Guest Gjole86

time to visit the market and see some camera app replacement :angry: also do u have some troubles with removing battery cover? my is so tight that i think ill break the phone :/