Video Tutorial/Walkthrough on Flashing the MCR r2 rom on Firmware i9000XWJG1

Guest aeo087

Guest aeo087

Here's another video this time on how to flash Paul's MCR r2 rom. This rom will root your phone, fix some issues in firmware JG1, and add some cool features to your phone...

Only use this with i9000XWJG1.

Video link:

As always, hope this helps...

Edited by aeo087

Guest Stockholm

Again, thank you for your video.

It looks easy, a lot easier than following all the instructions

in the kitchen post.

Just a few questions before I go ahead with the r2, if you don't mind.

When you created the file from the kitchen did you check all boxes?

If not, what did you uncheck?

In the recovery mode you scrolled down, did you do that with the volume rocker

or any other button?

Did you put the update file on the internal or external sd card? If it matters.

Thank you for all your help

Greg

Edited by Stockholm

Guest Daley87

Thanks pal, good, easy to follow video guides for both flashing and rooting, just done it now, didn't take long and was also really easy to do, saved me stumbling through it based on different people's comments. Cheers, also a thanks to Paul for making the root process the easiest I've ever performed on an android phone.

Guest aeo087
Again, thank you for your video.

It looks easy, a lot easier than following all the instructions

in the kitchen post.

Just a few questions before I go ahead with the r2, if you don't mind.

When you created the file from the kitchen did you check all boxes?

If not, what did you uncheck?

In the recovery mode you scrolled down, did you do that with the volume rocker

or any other button?

Did you put the update file on the internal or external sd card? If it matters.

Thank you for all your help

Greg

My external sd hasn't arrived yet :P you can put it in the internal SD, it works. Regarding the rom options, just check whichever features you want, that's the cool thing about a kitchen :) Unless you're gonna subscribe to wave secure I wouldn't put it in... i find it can somewhat reduce your battery life...

I thought I put a message on the video on how to move up and down :D but yes, you use the volume rocker and you select with the home button.

Edited by aeo087

Guest aeo087
Thanks pal, good, easy to follow video guides for both flashing and rooting, just done it now, didn't take long and was also really easy to do, saved me stumbling through it based on different people's comments. Cheers, also a thanks to Paul for making the root process the easiest I've ever performed on an android phone.

Glad to hear it helps! :) I'm happy it wasn't a waste of time haha

My external sd hasn't arrived yet :) you can put it in the internal SD, it works.

What I have understand, the update file MUST be in the internal SD to apply it. Not sure tho...

Guest aeo087
What I have understand, the update file MUST be in the internal SD to apply it. Not sure tho...

I haven't tested it in the external, so I can't say... the important thing is its proven that it works in the internal SD, so if you're questioning where to put it, just put it in the internal SD card.

Guest ^nighthawk^
I haven't tested it in the external, so I can't say... the important thing is its proven that it works in the internal SD, so if you're questioning where to put it, just put it in the internal SD card.

Followed your tutorial but went to JG3 instead, not to many issues at the moment but then i'm still setting it up.