Remove Vodafone Branding

Guest j0sh

Hi,

i have a Vodafone brandet Legend with the following Hardware. I have read that it isen´t possible to root this phone but can i debrand it? Thanks for u help ;-)

HBoot: 0.43.0001

Software-Nr: 1.32.161.4

Guest Nimmo

Yes and no is the best answer at the moment...

If you look here: http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/

You can see all of the stock ROMs that are available, but the only non-Voda one that can work is one for 2.0.3 and the problem with doing the update to a completely new version is that you can't step back down to 1.32 if you need to for some reason.

If you are confident that you won't need or want to step back to 1.32 then you can go ahead and flash it, but at the moment if you flash, you are stuck there.

Yes and no is the best answer at the moment...

If you look here: http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Legend/

You can see all of the stock ROMs that are available, but the only non-Voda one that can work is one for 2.0.3 and the problem with doing the update to a completely new version is that you can't step back down to 1.32 if you need to for some reason.

If you are confident that you won't need or want to step back to 1.32 then you can go ahead and flash it, but at the moment if you flash, you are stuck there.

O.k., but the "RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_2.03.405.3_Radio_47.39.35.09_7.08.35.21_release_130330_s

gned.exe" is an official release? I don´t need to fear that i have problems with the software and can´t go back?

The Phone is for my Dad, i don´t want to get root (in the future) just an unbranded phone :-)

Guest Nimmo

Ahh, fair enough...

Well, from what I understand the whole point of shipped-roms.com is that they only have ROMs that are shipped in phones, so it will be an official one either from HTC, or from the network operator who has branded some of the things in it.

Hope that helps at least a little