yonn1981

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
@ avarrous :
I'm ready when you are :D

Thanks for sharing, its a great kitchen!

Just a question. I've cooked a rom using the kitchen, do I need to use i900 executor to assemble it?

If you did this:
In Build event browse for "Run after" and goto "Yonn_OSkitchen\Output\Samsung SGH-i900" and select "executeCUS.bat"

Then the ROM will be automatically assembled into exe :)

otherwise you can use the pda.bin "eboot.nb0 is in Executor folder" ...

Bye Bye

holdz

holdz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Thanks for the prompt reply :)
I used the exe that was assembled, but after flashing, my previous rom booted up. So now I'll have a go using the executor

Edit
Success after using the executor. Now time to further customise and fix errors :D

Edited by holdz, 11 July 2010 - 08:45 PM.

leebates1986

leebates1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Just follow the instructions of how to cook Extendir ... The XIP folder in osKitchen is located here:
Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\Profiles\default\OEMXIPKERNEL

So just keep the dll there if you want and edit boot.rgu according to "How to install" instructions from Extendir thread...

Update:
Language packages added for cookers ...

pretty sure i understand it, will have a go at cooking it tomorrow

enrycko

enrycko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

In this kitchen you can create extraLite "bone" already .. But if you mean that you want to start from the beginning and edit official ROMs yourself then you better refer to ock kitchen thread ...

U mean this application can work for ock ROM building?

: Omnia i900 DXIA5 Build 21908 X-Lite ( Created By Me ) :
: Nokia 3310 ( fall to river ) > Nokia 9210 > Nokia 7610 ( gone ) > Nokia N90 > Nokia N73 > Nokia N95 ( stoled ) > i900 & HTC HD2 :

MAMBO04

MAMBO04

Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, Rugby, watching the World Cup (which was dreadful this year!) errrmmm PS3, annndd a lot more :)<br /><br />oh and going on road trips.
  • Devices:i900, N95, iPhone 4, Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@MAMBX
Very impressive work here yonn, i've been studying your work lately on here and i have to say it's very, very good :)

i may give this kitchen a pop and create a few ROMs (it's been a long time since my last ones) if you don't mind :D

good work mate!

EDIT: Once i've downloaded all the files i'll create a few mirrors for everyone.

Edited by MAMBO04, 12 July 2010 - 03:02 PM.

We don't sleep when the sun goes down... we don't waste no precious time

Teenage Crime.

House = LOVE

My MediaFire Folder!

Rebels

Rebels

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Devices:SHG i900 Omnia

Very impressive work here yonn, i've been studying your work lately on here and i have to say it's very, very good :)

i may give this kitchen a pop and create a few ROMs (it's been a long time since my last ones) if you don't mind :D

good work mate!

EDIT: Once i've downloaded all the files i'll create a few mirrors for everyone.

Thanks in advance Mambo04 for the mirrors :P

Posted Image  

MAMBO04

MAMBO04

Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, Rugby, watching the World Cup (which was dreadful this year!) errrmmm PS3, annndd a lot more :)<br /><br />oh and going on road trips.
  • Devices:i900, N95, iPhone 4, Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@MAMBX
Uploading via MultiUpload as i write :) and no worries bro.

EDIT: MultiUpload links:

Yonn_i900_Full_OSkitchen_10Jul_2010.7z Part 1

Yonn_i900_Full_OSkitchen_10Jul_2010.7z Part 2

Yonn_OEM_Langs_OmniaLITE

Yonn you can use these on the front page :D

Edited by MAMBO04, 12 July 2010 - 05:53 PM.

We don't sleep when the sun goes down... we don't waste no precious time

Teenage Crime.

House = LOVE

My MediaFire Folder!

xavierf

xavierf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I900

Rom : Steff195 23135 Normal + SKIN TITANIUM "NeoMix Dark" by sv0911

yonn1981

yonn1981

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

U mean this application can work for ock ROM building?

You mean osKitchen right? Yes, you can user other sources with it with just rearranging source content to the way oskitchen use...

Uploading via MultiUpload as i write :P and no worries bro.

EDIT: MultiUpload links:

Yonn_i900_Full_OSkitchen_10Jul_2010.7z Part 1

Yonn_i900_Full_OSkitchen_10Jul_2010.7z Part 2

Yonn_OEM_Langs_OmniaLITE

Yonn you can use these on the front page :P

Thanks a lot... Added to front page ...

Yonn's kitchen mirrors

This my lucky day .. Added to front page ... Thanks a lot ...

Update:
Today I cooked myself a M2D ROM for a change, and noticed the new manila2d package is working but need registry update... and the new version of m2d doesn't seem worth it as m2d tdy and M2DC don't work with it ...

Other than that it's OK...

So anybody cooked a ROM :) , any feedback :D

Bye Bye

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SGH i-900
Dear Moderator, I believe this gem from Yonn should be put on Pinned section.

atix

atix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Dear Yonn I would like to thank you for this great work!
Secondary I would like to ask why is ther no network after the post installation? (no gprs initialisation, no internet connection over activsync wifi is connected but no internet connection is possible )

leebates1986

leebates1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Secondary I would like to ask why is ther no network after the post installation? (no gprs initialisation, no internet connection over activsync wifi is connected but no internet connection is possible )

had this also, installed operator settings but nothing could connect

M.MALKI

M.MALKI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
all i can say dear Yonn " THANKS "
ur rom on my omnia makes it very fast and usefull
great work and hope to see u cooking again

mureta

mureta

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:Mobile Technology
  • Devices:SGN7000
Yonn great!

I get now and fast...owooo

A great tip quickly and easy to understand and execution.Great work !Congratulations !

That's what all beginners omnianos and waited and never pass that most industry experts know how to cook.

You really be in Yonne congratulations one more !

One question: before cooking where can I change to language in Portuguese-Brazil and where I can change if you need to type icons, background ... ??

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks so much !

Posted Image

enrycko

enrycko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
yonn i will report my work..

- dxia5 untouched OEM 6.5.3 ( Driver, DPI, Lang, Misc )
- Have cut out a useles :angry: s apps on OEMApps
- EXT source from you and other on XDA-Developers *thanks*
- Tweak
- XPR Compression ( The Great Speed )
- Performance : Filesystem chache : 4096 , Pagepool 12

My result is :

- i900_fullapps : 136MB ( With a lot of stuff ) :D
- i900_megalite : 51MB :D

Now i have a question.. can i delete the windows media player? and what i can do for change splash screen on the radio... ;)

: Omnia i900 DXIA5 Build 21908 X-Lite ( Created By Me ) :
: Nokia 3310 ( fall to river ) > Nokia 9210 > Nokia 7610 ( gone ) > Nokia N90 > Nokia N73 > Nokia N95 ( stoled ) > i900 & HTC HD2 :

acrocosm

acrocosm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I also cooked my rom and I'm a very happy person :angry:

Localized, also with XPR, default pagepool (what is it? 6? 8?) and 65MB free on boot. It's super fast!! It might be the fastest rom I've tried o.O. Excellent responsiveness. SKTools performance however is in some areas lower than the registered values for this device. How can I raise that? PDHEE's and the latest OCK roms give quite higher results. Is it registry tweaks? Any ideas?

Also, in some cases the click scroller kicks in. I've cooked FTouchSL lite (and OmniaLite Isoma and Dlls) from "Packages_Omnia_Driver". Do I need Scroll Engine too? Or scroll engine instead of FTouchSL?

XPR is much faster than LZX. Why most cooks use LZX is beyond me. Especially with onmnia that you've got so much storage... I mean you can just install most apps in storage. The larger ones usualy dont'e need to be in main. So space shouldn't be an issue. Since I switched to cooked roms my main storage never went under 50mb free even with tons of graphic/music and other apps. XPR FTW ^_____^

>>>>>>>>>>
@mureta: To loocalize it you need a given language rollup packages for a given build. I used rollups from 25005 on build 25018.

Make a subfolder with the language code under the build you want to translate and extract them there. The builds can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources" mobile builds.

You also need the language packages that Yonn posted. Extract your language under "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages".

That's the easy part. You can get a bootable and usable rom just by doing that but you'll be missing a few settings icons and programs shortcuts. To be precise, you'll only get microsoft stuff on control panel, start menu and startup. To also get samsung's control panel entries, your added apps on start menu and a proper startup you need to put quite some effort. You have to edit initflashfiles.dat for your language. You find them in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages\OEM_Lang_xxxx" where xxxx is your lang code.

You can change the app icons in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Packages_Omnia_Registry\Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons\files". For wallpaper, change or add stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg in the files folder of a theme. The themes can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Themes".

>>>>>>>>>>
@enrycko: To add your splash screen add it to the advanced tweaks tab under "Rom sections", I added my bussiness card on it :D. A megalite rom with 51MB free ram on boot? Too low. What's your memory usage? I managed to get mine to 32 which is close to what I had managed to do with the stock rom with ftouchsl (free ram was over 72, used at around 28-30, it's the highest I've get in a rom). I'm experimenting with media player and ie. I want to completely remove them. I'll let you know how it's going. Removing some ie related packages makes the rom unbootable.

Edited by acrocosm, 14 July 2010 - 10:36 AM.

atix

atix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Anything on internet connection problem???? Can somebody help me!!!!

brazuka

brazuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900L
Hi

I'm trying to cook m2d using de 6.5.3 Bone as template.
What I did was just open the 6.5.3 Bone project and select all manila packages, excluding GTX theme.

After that I flashed my i900 but m2d doesn't open even when I try to actvate it on "Home Settings".

Any ideias how to fix it? Did I missed something?

Thanks!

mureta

mureta

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:Mobile Technology
  • Devices:SGN7000

I also cooked my rom and I'm a very happy person :angry:

Localized, also with XPR, default pagepool (what is it? 6? 8?) and 65MB free on boot. It's super fast!! It might be the fastest rom I've tried o.O. Excellent responsiveness. SKTools performance however is in some areas lower than the registered values for this device. How can I raise that? PDHEE's and the latest OCK roms give quite higher results. Is it registry tweaks? Any ideas?

Also, in some cases the click scroller kicks in. I've cooked FTouchSL lite (and OmniaLite Isoma and Dlls) from "Packages_Omnia_Driver". Do I need Scroll Engine too? Or scroll engine instead of FTouchSL?

XPR is much faster than LZX. Why most cooks use LZX is beyond me. Especially with onmnia that you've got so much storage... I mean you can just install most apps in storage. The larger ones usualy dont'e need to be in main. So space shouldn't be an issue. Since I switched to cooked roms my main storage never went under 50mb free even with tons of graphic/music and other apps. XPR FTW ^_____^

>>>>>>>>>>
@mureta: To loocalize it you need a given language rollup packages for a given build. I used rollups from 25005 on build 25018.

Make a subfolder with the language code under the build you want to translate and extract them there. The builds can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources" mobile builds.

You also need the language packages that Yonn posted. Extract your language under "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages".

That's the easy part. You can get a bootable and usable rom just by doing that but you'll be missing a few settings icons and programs shortcuts. To be precise, you'll only get microsoft stuff on control panel, start menu and startup. To also get samsung's control panel entries, your added apps on start menu and a proper startup you need to put quite some effort. You have to edit initflashfiles.dat for your language. You find them in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages\OEM_Lang_xxxx" where xxxx is your lang code.
You can change the app icons in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Packages_Omnia_Registry\Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons\files". For wallpaper, change or add stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg in the files folder of a theme. The themes can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Themes".
>>>>>>>>>>
@enrycko: To add your splash screen add it to the advanced tweaks tab under "Rom sections", I added my bussiness card on it :D. A megalite rom with 51MB free ram on boot? Too low. What's your memory usage? I managed to get mine to 32 which is close to what I had managed to do with the stock rom with ftouchsl (free ram was over 72, used at around 28-30, it's the highest I've get in a rom). I'm experimenting with media player and ie. I want to completely remove them. I'll let you know how it's going. Removing some ie related packages makes the rom unbootable.

@acrocosm

Acrocosm great!

Thank you for your quick response.

I will try very soon ... after I tell you.

Again thanks for your reply.

Posted Image

acrocosm

acrocosm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Hi

I'm trying to cook m2d using de 6.5.3 Bone as template.
What I did was just open the 6.5.3 Bone project and select all manila packages, excluding GTX theme.

After that I flashed my i900 but m2d doesn't open even when I try to actvate it on "Home Settings".

Any ideias how to fix it? Did I missed something?

Thanks!

You need the theme. It's got the right configuration xml. Without it it's not gonna work. If you don't like GTX try one of the themes on the manila themes thread here at modaco. Just make sure you don't add an 18/19 version theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users