[ROM] (12/07) DeLite r3 - Stripped out MoDaCo Froyo FRF85 / FRF91

Guest klutsh

Guest dafloyd
I'm the opposite RE. the keyboard - I loathe the stock one, HTCs effort is a LOT better IMO

It might be because I had an iPhone before...

For me it's not a Big Deal, I have just adb pushed the Android keyboard

Guest EddyOS

think it's just down to preference - I'm so used to the HTC one the Android one is so limited in comparison...hate how you can't hold down a key to get a number :)

Guest klutsh
Do you know if it is possible to let it live beside the HTC dialer?

And can you please add the Android keyboard as well, I just hate (I seem to be the only one) the HTC one.

Oh and I just noticed I cannot install Maps

Maps is already in the rom

Guest dafloyd
Maps is already in the rom

My bad, I forgot to wipe...

This ROM is really nice so far!

Things I have changed so far are:

- Added Android Keyboard

- Added SetInstallLocation

- Added Gallery3DGoogle, as Widget of HTC shows ugly white border (Yes, I am picky...)

- Removed Shutter Sound from Camera (Google Goggles)

Bugs I have detected so far:

- none

- I don't care for HSDPA icon

cheers,

dirk

Edited by dafloyd

Guest klutsh
Will you be updating in line with Paul's updates?

If I can keep up, I'm still trying to port the AOSP Dialler etc.

I'm also waiting to see what the Villain guy's have come up with.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
The battery consumption is very high in standby mode it consumes 3% per hour, 10 min of wifi usage consumed 8% of battery.

Could you check what apps your running in the background before there's a widespread panic. lol

Guest klutsh
The battery consumption is very high in standby mode it consumes 3% per hour, 10 min of wifi usage consumed 8% of battery.

Not sure what's happening for you, I managed to go 8 hours yesterday with moderate 3G usage and only consumed 45%

Guest dafloyd
Not sure what's happening for you, I managed to go 8 hours yesterday with moderate 3G usage and only consumed 45%

Battery consumption is as good (worse) as all other Froyo ROMs.

For me this really is the best ROM from all.

cheers,

dirk

Guest klutsh
Battery consumption is as good (worse) as all other Froyo ROMs.

For me this really is the best ROM from all.

cheers,

dirk

I'm going to change the way I do this Rom mod, so far it's a full rom reflash.

Future releases with be update packs to the MoDaCo Froyo FRF85 / FRF91 rom, it will basically strip out the Sense bit's and replace bit's with AOSP counterparts.

Guest dafloyd
I'm going to change the way I do this Rom mod, so far it's a full rom reflash.

Future releases with be update packs to the MoDaCo Froyo FRF85 / FRF91 rom, it will basically strip out the Sense bit's and replace bit's with AOSP counterparts.

Why did you make this decision? Because if you make a full release it's much easier to change things.

Guest klutsh
Why did you make this decision? Because if you make a full release it's much easier to change things.

Honestly, it's easier to keep up with Paul's release schedule like this, and if any changes need doing they can still be done

Guest EddyOS

I think you should release the odd full ROM - would make life easier for those coming from another ROM to try this out...I for one wuld appreciate it as I never flash an update ZIP. I bake it into a ROM and reflash the whole thing!

Guest EddyOS

Personally I just like the stock dialer - not fussed about the HTC one. Or is that the issue you've got?

If you can get this ROM right I'll be impressed - seems to have the look of stock Desire (wallpaper, icons, etc.) but with no Sense

If you need any testing done let me know, I flash about 5 ROMs a day so another won't kill me!! :)

Guest klutsh
Personally I just like the stock dialer - not fussed about the HTC one. Or is that the issue you've got?

If you can get this ROM right I'll be impressed - seems to have the look of stock Desire (wallpaper, icons, etc.) but with no Sense

If you need any testing done let me know, I flash about 5 ROMs a day so another won't kill me!! :)

Thats the issue, getting the AOSP Dialler & Contacts working.

Guest EddyOS

AAAhhhhh, bad times!!

HTC ones aren't that bad though, are they?

Quick question: do the LEDs work as they should? e.g. Green for notifications, orange on charge? Other FroYo ROMs have flashing blue/pink LEDs and don't look too great!!

Guest dafloyd
AAAhhhhh, bad times!!

HTC ones aren't that bad though, are they?

Quick question: do the LEDs work as they should? e.g. Green for notifications, orange on charge? Other FroYo ROMs have flashing blue/pink LEDs and don't look too great!!

Yes, LEDs work. Flashing green for notifications, Orange while charging, green when full charged.

Guest EddyOS

Awesome, didn't like the other ported ROMs on XDA with the silly pink/blue LED...

Tempted to give this ROM a blast, think I'll wait for next update and go from there as although I like the HTC additions I can get the same from the Market - main think I want 'out the box' is the Desire black status bar/icons (which for some reason can't be cooked into ported ROMs as it causes a boot loop)

Guest dafloyd
Fair point.

I'll see about getting a new one out tomorrow evening, this damn AOSP Dialler is proving to be a pain in the a**

I think it would be great to keep the Dialer from HTC, but "just" add the Contacts application from AOSP, as the HTC Phone apk supports "Quiet ring on pickup"

--

cheers,

dirk

Guest EddyOS

Something I'll ask here but have wondered for a while...

If you bake an MCR and remove Peep it removes the Twitter bit in the setup wizard yet if you remove Flickr it doesn't. Anyone know why that is? And can it be removed? I've never used Flickr so don't want the option there and it bugs me a bit!

Guest klutsh
Something I'll ask here but have wondered for a while...

If you bake an MCR and remove Peep it removes the Twitter bit in the setup wizard yet if you remove Flickr it doesn't. Anyone know why that is? And can it be removed? I've never used Flickr so don't want the option there and it bugs me a bit!

It can, but it's an option set in customize, same as the other social network bit's

/system/customize/CID/default.xml

<function name="Social_Network_Config">

<set name="single">

<item name="Facebook" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Flickr" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Twitter" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Plurk" type="boolean">no</item>

</set>

</function>
Or you can disable the whole screen
<function name="Step_Config">

<set name="single">