[ROM] (12/07) DeLite r3 - Stripped out MoDaCo Froyo FRF85 / FRF91

Guest klutsh

Guest Arthur Hucksake

It would be cool to get the full on Froyo Vanilla, but with the HTC kernel's backbone. So things like auto-brightness work properly.

I prefer the top bar on Froyo, but the black version. The WIFI icon is better, has that oversized and playful look.

Edited by Arthur Hucksake

Guest klutsh
It would be cool to get the full on Froyo Vanilla, but with the HTC kernel's backbone. So things like auto-brightness work properly.

That's the aim, plus keeping the HTC camera app.

Just trying to sort a gapps fc when sync of contacts is done, then get Facebook sync working.

Everything else so far is running fine.

(still need to figure how to odex stuff) .

Guest EddyOS

So long as this is 'themed' as HTC had it to make it look like a proper Desire ROM as opposed to a port (black status bar, HTC icons, etc) then I'll be likely using this once most issues are ironed out (I use FB sync so will wait for that to be sorted). Too many just want a FroYo port from the N1 complete with white bar/looks. This will be like HTC have done a stock Android version for those not wanting Sense

Guest miguelsanchez79

klutch,

do you think it's gonna be possible to add AOSP Dialler and Contacts to the Paul's R4 rom?

I like your clean rom but miss sense widgets so will stick to R4 at the moment

Guest klutsh
klutch,

do you think it's gonna be possible to add AOSP Dialler and Contacts to the Paul's R4 rom?

I like your clean rom but miss sense widgets so will stick to R4 at the moment

That would require a big hack of the sense framework, just getting AOSP running without sense is difficult.

Guest Kleptomaniac12

This is really cool! I much prefer the stock 2.2 launcher to the sense launcher but I like the sense notification bar and their icons. I'll be keeping an eye on updates.

Guest klutsh
This is really cool! I much prefer the stock 2.2 launcher to the sense launcher but I like the sense notification bar and their icons. I'll be keeping an eye on updates.

I think for now until I can figure out the contacts problem, I will leave the HTC Contacts/Dialler in, still need to work on a few other bugs though.

Spent too much time today trying to get AOSP stuff going and failing.

Guest EddyOS

I tried to remove Rosie from an MCR r4 and got FC and it wouldn't boot. Do you need a custom Launcher2 to launch without Sense? Just interested tbh, removed the HTC lock screen and it goes back to stock FroYo (a LOT better IMO)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest klutsh
I tried to remove Rosie from an MCR r4 and got FC and it wouldn't boot. Do you need a custom Launcher2 to launch without Sense? Just interested tbh, removed the HTC lock screen and it goes back to stock FroYo (a LOT better IMO)

Not sure why you got a FC, should just be a case of removing the apk & odex, then wiping dalvik & cache

Guest EddyOS

I think I wiped properly, booted into fake-flash and did a wipe but i only did the factory reset one - couldn't find dalvik wipe (using 1.8.x.x fake flash)

Guest klutsh
didn't see it when i looked last time, might have to look again

After spending most of the day trying to get the stock contacts working, it seems that it's the ContactsProvider.apk thats causing problems, more specifically the HTC instructions that have been added to it.

I'm going to see if I can patch this APK.

Guest noapp

Paul has refreshed the kitchen with new leaked radio so am wondering whether you will update this accordingly.

Nice ROM by the way and I really like the functionality without Sense.

Guest klutsh
Paul has refreshed the kitchen with new leaked radio so am wondering whether you will update this accordingly.

Nice ROM by the way and I really like the functionality without Sense.

Yes, I am starting from scratch with my own build, based on the new 2.06 leak.

Guest noapp
Yes, I am starting from scratch with my own build, based on the new 2.06 leak.

So cool. Looking forward to that. Honestly speaking AOSPs still lack on the functionality side and leaked ones are just too heavy so your ROM is a best fit for me.

Guest Noonski

Took a quick look at your work to see if i could share my experiences with making it lean.

Here's a few app's I have removed myself and have found no issues with them gone.

These are not recommendations but maybe still usefull.

PluginManager.apk

Talk.apk (I'm using Nimbuzz anyway)

Mode10Wallpapers.apk

HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk (using Ringdroid for this)

FieldTest.apk

AppSharing.apk (doesn't always post links correctly to FB and i can do sharing with AppBrain anyway)

The folder "system\etc\clockwidget"

BigBen.jpg, EiffelTower.jpg,EiffelTower.jpg, StatueOfLiberty.jpg for Footprints in "system\customize\resource\"

htc_wallpaper_02.jpg to htc_wallpaper_06.jpg and their small counterparts as these don't show up anyway :angry: Also in "system\customize\resource\"

Strangely I see your not adding the bravo-keypad.kcm.bin of 896 bytes?

If you'd switch to LauncherPro I might just give up modding R4 myself and stick to whatever your doing with it :D

The new radio gives me the same Internet speeds as before (slightly better)

But weird thing is that it now is harder in getting the HSDPA.

Guest klutsh

Thanks for the pointers.

At the minute I am trying to get a stable WWE port from the HK 2.06 RUU, once I get that I can start looking at ripping bit's out as needed.

Guest Noonski

Getting back to the New Radio.

I went back to the 32.41 version and found that one also had more trouble getting HSDPA icon and connection.

I think it's my dodgy T-Mobile NL provider being crap again.

Did you see my findings on the com.htc.bgp error?

It doesn't relate to your ROM anyway as you have removed HTC Location Service anyway.