Is it possible?
Jump to content
Hi, I've tried the MorphGear emulator but I get a very small screen and when I slide out the keyboard the screen starts to rotate but the game will continue in the normal (and small) mode. By double tapping on the screen I get a small controller but since it is way too small for my fingers and the touchscreen does not allow multi touch this is not working. When the keyboard is slided it doesn't matter which key I press, it doesn't respond to anything. This is the same when I start in landscape mode.
I am using MorphGear 188.8.131.52 with an Experiment 35 ROM with the original clock speed.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
I've tried MorphGear too,It took my time more than one week but I couldn't succeed to get it worked.
When I want to play in landscape mode.It let me play only in VGA screen.
and when I want to use the keyboard,It will affect samsung today and It opens my applications behind the game screen.
I don't know what to do with that.
please help me.
How to Install Morphgear in M900 (and make it work in landscape hopefully with HTC devices with Keyboards too)
A. GDI Landscape (Full Screen)
1.Download Morphgear 184.108.40.206 in the official site http://www.spicypixe...hgear/Home.aspx . Extract the files anywhere on your PC.
2.Connect device with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Center, run the .exe files and install (to memory card). First install MorphGearSetupPPC2003. exe then others.
3.On the device, Run MorphGear (located in Games folder). Be sure the device is in PORTRAIT mode.
4. Click settings icon (3rd from the right) and select Global Settings.
set the following:
uncheck- Disable full screen
uncheck- use virtual pad
Check- Enable Sound
CPU Throttle: High
5. Soft Reset Device
6. When the device resumes, slide the screen to set screen to Landscape and run Morphgear. After starting Morphgear, make sure that the settings icons and the MorphGear logo are in landscape too. If not, check Global Settings again to configure it correctly.
7. Now depending on what ROM you want to emulate, open settings and choose an emulator, for example, if you have a NES ROM, Open iNES then set Screen Size to Windows Size (for full screen landscape).
8. Scroll down and set Input. Double tap the controls (up,down,left,right etc.) and select keyboard keys(or even hardware keys) to map game controls. Then press ok.
9. You'll return to the main screen. Select the Folder/Open File icon (first icon) to locate your ROM (in this case the NES rom),select it and the game will automatically start. Double Tap screen to activate full screen. Enjoy the game.
10. If you want to play another console rom (like gba,snes,genesis etc.) just repeat steps 7 to 9. To close current game, choose Stop icon (hand) and choose exit game (choose exit MorphGear to exit the app).
It is interesting to note that TurboGrafx-16,NES,MasterGear,Gameboy GB and GBC run well in full screen landscape (based on my M900). SNES,Gameboy Advance and Genesis ROMs will still be playable also, but there is a little speed drop.
To get more fps and smoother speed, adjust video size (step 7) to Fit Windows or smaller. (don't add more frameskip (default is 3), it will just make the speed choppy). There is another option in emulator settings named Image smoothing, which is like anti-aliasing and smooths graphics but noticeably affects speed. (I recommend not using this setting)
It is interesting to note that using the RawFramebuffer as a Driver gives better speed than GDI,(based on my M900)which works effortlessly in Portrait. But making it work in Landscape mode full screen is a little bit tricky.
To use Rawframebuffer in landscape:
B. Rawframebuffer Landscape: (Full Screen)
1. Repeat step 3 (of the above GDI guide)
2. Do step 4 (above) but change set settings to:
uncheck- use virtual pad
Check- Enable Sound
CPU Throttle: High
3. Soft Reset Device
4. When device resumes, slide to reveal keyboard (this will automatically sets screen to landscape).BUT BEFORE running MorphGear, with/while keyboard slided out, change Orientation to Portrait.
5. Run MorphGear. Check if the settings icons are vertically situated in the LEFT side and the MorphGear logo horizontal (if this is the case you're in the right track).
6. Repeat step 7 (above)
7. Now the tricky part, in mapping controls remember that the directions are not what they seem. For example if your using keys W-A-S-Z as UP-LEFT-RIGHT-DOWN (IN GDI landscape mode), WHEN using Rawframebuffer, UP=LEFT,RIGHT=UP, LEFT=DOWN, DOWN=RIGHT.:confused:
Yup it's a little bit confusing, but it's the only way to get logical direction controls. If you want to use W-A-S-Z, just set it this way:
And click ok.
8. Locate and Choose ROM.Tap screen to set Full Screen. Enjoy Game. (Refer to Step 9 above)
9. If you want to play another console rom (like gba,snes,genesis etc.) just repeat steps 6 to 8 on this Rawframebuffer guide.
NOTE: One important thing to remember is NEVER activate the device's LANDSCAPE mode WHILE using the RawFramebuffer or you'll end up a jumbled display. If this happens, just totally exit Morphgear via exit button or via task manager, switch to portrait mode while the keyboard is slided out and run MorphGear.
To sum up things, if you want to have Playable Games in Full Screen Landscape.
1. For TurboGrafx-16,NES,MasterGear,Gameboy GB and GB ROMs,use GDI.
2. For SNES,Gameboy Advance and Genesis ROMs,use RawFrameBuffer(TurboGrafx-16,NES,MasterGear,Gameboy GB and GB ROMs works great in RawFramebuffer too, but as I said, it's a little bit tricky.)
To have more speed.
1. Adjust screen size to Fit Window or Smaller.
2. Disable Image Smoothing.
3. For even more speed, play Games in Portrait Mode ( just set Global Settings/Orientation= North, applicable for both GDI and RawFramebuffer.) But why bother portrait, games are still playable in landscape,and our device have a KEYBOARD remember? (reminds me of the upcoming PSP GO)
AFAIK this guide works with HTC TYTN I,HTC TYTN II,SE Experia,Acer M900 and TP1,TP2
I read somewhere that there is a workaround for htc touch pro and pro (button key 229 solution from rhodium thread)
- Go to button setting in Morph Gear.
- before click the assign button press and hold the ctrl key
- then you can enter the hardware key you want
now you can play by holding ctrl and the mapped keys
- go to global menu in Morph Gear
- in the submenu Input: click Polling Method
To use a WVGA compatible Screen Gamepad (to use while playing in portrait mode) check here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=489147
For Game ROMS, just Google it
I also uploaded a video to show all how playable it is with Acer M900. Video is in here:
Below is a screenshot of a NES game I'm playing with M900.
Edited by TF0, 15 July 2010 - 10:31 AM.
Thanks for the manual.
I have the same problem here, there is no way I can save and exit the settings screen. I have to close the program using task manager but then it does not save the settings... I have also a problem when I want to set the driver to GDI, it keeps displaying auto.
Edited by Cisplatin, 15 July 2010 - 01:43 PM.
Look, this settings are stored in registry. Just copy my registry - file called Morphgear.reg , that's the easy way. Go to HKEY Current User\Software\ and replace Morphgear.reg
Thank you but it is not working, I think it is indeed the 6.5.x ROM. I tried to change the user name but I can not change it. And some other settings are not correct yet, but I do know now how to change them: start MorphGear and then slide a few times until the screen is correct, then use the arrow buttons and enter to adjust the driver to GDI. I have not found a way to save the settings yet .
I copied your directory and executed the *.reg file on my phone, that is the correct way, isn't it?
I have to try another ROM, but I like 6.5.x :S... Perhaps Soul_Master can get it work .
Edited by Cisplatin, 16 July 2010 - 12:36 AM.
I'm kind of expert on this subject. Morphgear (SNES, GBA, SEGA GENESIS) works flawlessly and holy FPSECE (PS1) is totally playable. These are all you need. And Final Burn (CPS1, CPS2, NEOGEO). Yes, keyboard works - and that's the main reason I bought this phone, it's not a phone it's a f...ing portable console.
I can play final fantasy 7, tekken 2, GTA 2, THPS 2, CRASH...and have around 2000 other games in my pocket
If you have any questions, I'm here...
Edited by BigDeep, 10 December 2010 - 09:17 PM.
same things i have seen .
i downloaded the newest FSCPEE whatever its called..but it was the same user interface as earlier versions..
but when i check the new documentation on the website,there's a whole new better user interface..
whats up with that?
posting of roms here is against forum rules u can google the name of game u want n get it easily
same things i have seen .
plz post sdome roms for ps one
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users