Installing JG5 over Paul's MCR, full wipe needed?

Guest broona

Guest broona

Just got my SGS running how I like it (LauncherPro, HTC_IME keyboard, yr.no flip clock, MCR scripts applied, lag fix applied, etc, etc), but now that JG5's been released, and there's a new ext3/ext4 lag fix, the phone's supposed to be better and faster again, so obviously I want a piece of the action, lol! :D

Ideally want to keep the phone setup as near as possible to how it is now, but I assume a full wipe's necessary before flashing the new firmware? Obviously got Ti Backup installed, but never had much luck with it previously, any other ways of preserving my setup? Cheers. :angry:

Guest Gary Crutcher
Just got my SGS running how I like it (LauncherPro, HTC_IME keyboard, yr.no flip clock, MCR scripts applied, lag fix applied, etc, etc), but now that JG5's been released, and there's a new ext3/ext4 lag fix, the phone's supposed to be better and faster again, so obviously I want a piece of the action, lol! :D

Ideally want to keep the phone setup as near as possible to how it is now, but I assume a full wipe's necessary before flashing the new firmware? Obviously got Ti Backup installed, but never had much luck with it previously, any other ways of preserving my setup? Cheers. :angry:

I was originally on JG1 and then flashed Paul's custom ROM.

Subsequently, I successfully flashed JG5 without wiping.

So far, no problemss

Make sure you use the 512 PIT file as I had a problem with the 513 PIT file (flashing failed).

Guest broona
I was originally on JG1 and then flashed Paul's custom ROM.

Subsequently, I successfully flashed JG5 without wiping.

So far, no problemss

Make sure you use the 512 PIT file as I had a problem with the 513 PIT file (flashing failed).

Good news, should make things a little easier, cheers. :angry:

Guest broona

Installed, re-setup the way I had it, and it seems slower to me, although I've not ran any lag fixes, is the one I initially did still valid, or does updating the rom wipe it out?