NFX-JF5 Lite rom - 8MB pagepool with most Samsung apps intact

Guest NewForce

Guest p0ck3t.pc

Dear New Force,

1 noob question, is the CSC of this JF5 rom support viewing chinese characters and also the input?

i afraid that if im using the different CSC will cause problems.

Guest NewForce
Dear New Force,

1 noob question, is the CSC of this JF5 rom support viewing chinese characters and also the input?

i afraid that if im using the different CSC will cause problems.

Yes, it support Chinese display but it was multiple Europe CSC part, so does not come with any Chinese input software.

If your Omnia2 now still with Chinese input like Plum & Moakey,

flash only the PDA (or Eboot/Phone) parts will enable you to continue enjoying Chinese inputs.

Guest moxadrian

Hy new force nice rom till now,had only one freeze when I was tryeing t uninstall a program.Please tell me how can I decrease touch sensitivity and if there is a way to select picture folders to photo viewer and one more ,the cube in games shows all the programs from start menu.If you are kind enough to help me, thank you and for your great rom

Guest KikE24

Since I switched my phone from a HTC HD to this great Samsung i8000.. I have been looking for a nice and stable cooked rom, and I must say, after trying lots of them... it seems like I finally found the best rom that meets my standards... fast, stable, clean, and AWESOME!! xxD.

Congrats NewForce... indeed you have created a great piece of art!

Guest NewForce
Hy new force nice rom till now,had only one freeze when I was tryeing t uninstall a program.Please tell me how can I decrease touch sensitivity and if there is a way to select picture folders to photo viewer and one more ,the cube in games shows all the programs from start menu.If you are kind enough to help me, thank you and for your great rom

You're welcome!

Some answer to your questions,

1. Use a registry editor and go to, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\Touch\Filter" and set "MinimumTapTime"= 100 or higher (like 300?)

2. Not sure how to select photo folder in Photo, I didn't try this before.

3. Also not try how to customize Cube apps display.

Guest NewForce
Since I switched my phone from a HTC HD to this great Samsung i8000.. I have been looking for a nice and stable cooked rom, and I must say, after trying lots of them... it seems like I finally found the best rom that meets my standards... fast, stable, clean, and AWESOME!! xxD.

Congrats NewForce... indeed you have created a great piece of art!

Thank you very much for your compliments KikE24! :(

Edited by NewForce

Guest moxadrian

thank you very much for your fast answer ,keep up the great work.other bug that I notice is that if I select to show the clock in titlebar of all programs the battery icon disappears.And a question ,why the samsung apps doesnt work for me?it says service unavailable code error 1004,is it that my carrier doesnt support it?

Edited by moxadrian

Guest moxadrian
2. Not sure how to select photo folder in Photo, I didn't try this before.

3. Also not try how to customize Cube apps display.

i've installed photoalbum from jd1 works like a charm attached picture and the cube problem is only for games could be solved from registry but i'm not so smart:)

post-670388-1280181832_thumb.png

Guest NewForce
thank you very much for your fast answer ,keep up the great work.other bug that I notice is that if I select to show the clock in titlebar of all programs the battery icon disappears.And a question ,why the samsung apps doesnt work for me?it says service unavailable code error 1004,is it that my carrier doesnt support it?

Yes the battery indicator will behave that way when you enabled to show clock in all apps.

So far I did not faced problem with Samsung Apps.

Maybe you can try Network Settings > Restore Connections, and click the "Restore Network Settings" button.

Btw, what was all your Eboot/CSC/PDA/Phone ROM parts configuration?

i've installed photoalbum from jd1 works like a charm attached picture and the cube problem is only for games could be solved from registry but i'm not so smart:)

I see, you've found your way out. It help me too. Thank you very much moxadrian! :(

Guest moxadrian
Yes the battery indicator will behave that way when you enabled to show clock in all apps.

So far I did not faced problem with Samsung Apps.

Maybe you can try Network Settings > Restore Connections, and click the "Restore Network Settings" button.

Btw, what was all your Eboot/CSC/PDA/Phone ROM parts configuration?

I see, you've found your way out. It help me too. Thank you very much moxadrian! :(

I flashed all the jf5 parts including eboot but except the csc jd5.About the samsung apps it never worked for me

Guest NewForce
I flashed all the jf5 parts including eboot but except the csc jd5.About the samsung apps it never worked for me

I'm on JF5 Eboot/PDA, JC3 CSC with Chinese Plum & Moakey inputs and JF1 Phone part, so far my Samsung Apps working.

Maybe you want try to flash JC3 CSC from Singapore official JC4 rom. It's somewhere in forum thread.

Guest moxadrian
I'm on JF5 Eboot/PDA, JC3 CSC with Chinese Plum & Moakey inputs and JF1 Phone part, so far my Samsung Apps working.

Maybe you want try to flash JC3 CSC from Singapore official JC4 rom. It's somewhere in forum thread.

i'll leave it this way for now, is samsung apps better than marketplace cause it never worked for me?

btw your rom is the best i've tried for now,the last one was a stock jd3

Guest rajOmnia

hi new force ,

i downloaded and flashed this great rom on my phone three days before and have not installed any extra applications .

but since yesterday i got a problem in my phone , when ever i am getting a call ..the incoming sound i mean the ringtone

sound is breaking for 1second and rings again for 4seconds and goes off for 1second again . Please note there is no problem in the ringtone as i have tried to check this problem with other rings also...even a complete 1minute song also . But still have the same problem.

I have only flashed the PDA part .

Here is my phone details.

PDA........I8000NXXJF5

CSC........I8000XCSJE3

PHONE... I8000XXJD1

If the above combination is wrong ..kindly suggest a good combination to flash your rom . Also please provide a download link for the

eboot and other combinations parts ..Please help i am a newbie...got this great phone from a friend of mine who is not in town.

Thanks in Advance for yr kind help.

Guest NewForce
Here is my phone details.

PDA........I8000NXXJF5

CSC........I8000XCSJE3

PHONE... I8000XXJD1

If the above combination is wrong ..kindly suggest a good combination to flash your rom . Also please provide a download link for the

eboot and other combinations parts ..Please help i am a newbie...got this great phone from a friend of mine who is not in town.

Thanks in Advance for yr kind help.

Think probably the Eboot, CSC and Phone are getting your way. All of them come from WM6.5.3 system, which might lead to the problem you are facing now. I strongly suggest, flashing all the Eboot,CSC and Phone rom parts from posted in twu2 JF5 rom thread.

Here, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...t-kingmobi-net/

Guest rajOmnia
Think probably the Eboot, CSC and Phone are getting your way. All of them come from WM6.5.3 system, which might lead to the problem you are facing now. I strongly suggest, flashing all the Eboot,CSC and Phone rom parts from posted in twu2 JF5 rom thread.

Here, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...t-kingmobi-net/

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THIS HELP...HAVE DOWNLOADED THE FILES U SAID ..WILL REFLASH THE PHONE AGAIN WITH THE NECESSARY FILES. HOPE THIS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM...COZ I DON'T THINK IT'S ANY HARDWARE ISSUE .

Guest skoda60

Thank newforce for this great ROM, using it for few day I never encounter any problem. It was smooth and stable.

One commend is not to included opera but with the cab instead. I prefer Opera 10.

Guest Kira Y

Dear New Force,

I wonder how to set the Torch light time delay in the registry, I meant after the torch light on, after several time it will off itself... TQ

Regards

Kira

Guest kerpoter

sorry I can't seem to change the ringtone, I moved the ringtone to the windows/ring folder but it still doesn't work. anyone can help

Guest NewForce
Thank newforce for this great ROM, using it for few day I never encounter any problem. It was smooth and stable.

One commend is not to included opera but with the cab instead. I prefer Opera 10.

I preferred Opera 9.5.

Maybe next time I'll try to remove it, if I cook any rom again. Just maybe...

Guest NewForce
Dear New Force,

I wonder how to set the Torch light time delay in the registry, I meant after the torch light on, after several time it will off itself... TQ

Regards

Kira

Kira,

So far I haven't find any Torch registry.

Try change Screen Off Time to longer timing for longer torch time.

Guest NewForce
sorry I can't seem to change the ringtone, I moved the ringtone to the windows/ring folder but it still doesn't work. anyone can help

What ringtone format file are you trying to change to?

Btw, you can put ringtone files in My Documents, My Storage or Storage Card root directory.

Another thing, you'll need to change ringtone in Settings > Sound Settings > Ring > Ring tone.

Guest kerpoter
What ringtone format file are you trying to change to?

Btw, you can put ringtone files in My Documents, My Storage or Storage Card root directory.

Another thing, you'll need to change ringtone in Settings > Sound Settings > Ring > Ring tone.

tried the above, mp3 format ( the original samsung tune ) once set to that it will just goes back to 01_the beat. Will try with another mp3 & see how.

Guest Kira Y
Kira,

So far I haven't find any Torch registry.

Try change Screen Off Time to longer timing for longer torch time.

Hi,

It's ok, just wondering cos in ur previous ROM I can find the registry but cant found it in this latest ROM.....

Anyways, thanks for the info....

Regards

Kira

Guest rajOmnia
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THIS HELP...HAVE DOWNLOADED THE FILES U SAID ..WILL REFLASH THE PHONE AGAIN WITH THE NECESSARY FILES. HOPE THIS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM...COZ I DON'T THINK IT'S ANY HARDWARE ISSUE .

SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED ALL THE PARTS ..SO FAR NO PROBLEM .

BUT CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ANY WAY TO AVOID THE 3 SECONDS DELAY OF INCOMING CALL RING VOLUME.

THANKS

Guest kerpoter
tried the above, mp3 format ( the original samsung tune ) once set to that it will just goes back to 01_the beat. Will try with another mp3 & see how.

solved, think the original I have is a system file that's why it doesn't recognize anyway I re-name the file and put it back and it's working now. Very good rom