2.1 Update on Hero - Help

Guest Mugenmk

Guest Mugenmk

Hi, since I'm a noob and can't really find the information I need in the opened topic I'm asking...

I'm currently running the 3.2 1.5 modaco rom on my htc hero, it doesn't have a system update button as I've seen in the videos, and changing the date didn't get me the update, tbh I didn't really wait that long.

What do I need to do to get the update, can it be updated at all since I've rooted it, and will the root be valid when I update?

Thanks in advance :angry:

Guest uk786

Why don't you flash a 2.1 rom such as Modoco 4 or Villain12, you can back up all your apps, settings and what not using titanium backup but I prefer Mybackup PRO, then restore after flashing. 045.gif

Guest Mugenmk

I don't know where to find one I see is a bunch of links and I don't know which exactly to choose... V_V

Do I always need to format the SD card before I flash a custom rom?

Guest descenpet

if you use any kind of A2SD and are switching between different custom roms, you most probably have to wipe your ext. as for FAT32, you don't need to format it.

Guest Mugenmk
Downloads

An online kitchen is available in the post below.

* r5 with additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 44b417bfe25351c68a60912469a5ece9

* r5 with additions with radio image - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: c1796fe810bb27582738520907f050ab

* r5 without additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 320dff59f73dba0f9cbb75c8c9cc82e4

Which one?

Also, I read through the topic and a lot of people are reporting bugs... is there no other way to get the OTA Update with my custom modaco rom?

Guest DeekB
I don't know what APPS2SD is. So which one do I choose?

This is the R5 Rom with addition's

* r5 with additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 44b417bfe25351c68a60912469a5ece9

This is the R5 with addition's and Latest Radio

* r5 with additions with radio image - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: c1796fe810bb27582738520907f050ab

This is the R5 build with no addition's at all

* r5 without additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 320dff59f73dba0f9cbb75c8c9cc82e4

If you look at this thread here

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...en-android-2-1/

Look at the kitchen part and you will see what the addition's and stuff are and aren't,

If your locked on orange I would do the one with addition's but without Radio as I was locked on orange and it Gave me a sim lock error, I just got the phone unlocked though so I could use the latest radio!

Guest DeekB
I bought my Hero unlocked, does that mean I don't need the new radio?

No I would upgrade to the latest Radio,

The latest radio's help with signal strengh, Bluetooth and battery usage from what I have read elsewhere on this site and other's,

It's just if you have a phone which is locked to orange when you upgrade to the latest Radio it ask's for a sim unlock code,

Not a biggy anyway as you can just flash back to the previous radio release.

For instance when I first bought my Hero around 7 month's ago I could not get my wifi to work with my wireless N router,

After I rooted my phone, Flashed the Modaco Rom & Latest Radio I managed to get the Wifi working,

It would semi work before, it would connect ok and get a good IP address but I could not gt onto the broswer or market,

I alway's try to upgrade to the leatest version's as then you know there less chance of you having any issues!

Edited by DeekB

Guest Mugenmk

Thanks. So first I flash the rom reboot, then the radio and reboot again? I think that's how I did it the first time. If bluetooth works that'd be great :angry:

EDIT: I don't need to unzip right, just flash it as it is.

Edited by Mugenmk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mugenmk

Well I've been using the modaco 2.1 rom for maybe two weeks now, and I'm ok with it, the bluetooth working is great and the other tweaks in window transition and options are cool. The only thing that really bugs me is the headset, it's really annoying, I press Forward and the song changes 10 seconds later and sometimes at all. Is there some way to fix this?