Hey Modaco members,
I'm trying to flash my phone but octans downloader doesn't recognize it.
I've installed all the things from ErnestJanF's guide.
When I try to flash it. the only i get is this.
[Setup] Windows XP
[Setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)
Can someone help me with this?
I'm using Windows 7 with Octans downloader v2.14 with compability Windows XP SP2
im very new here, and i was wondering if you could post links as to where i can downlaod the right drivers and also maybe some pics showing how to go in the have disk option.
i dont have any xp PCs lying around so using that wont be an option.
thanks in advance
All you have to do is to follow this guide: How to flash your Omnia 2 under Win7 32 & 64bit, VIDEO GUIDE
(don't worry about the "i8000", it works like a charm to B7610 too).
(Here is the link to the youtube video
Let me explain the steps:
1. Download the staff: a. OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.zip
c. usb driver ( X86
1. TURN OFF your phone (disconnected from the pc).
2. Restart the pc. On power on (before Windows loads) press regularly the F8 button (in order to get a list). Select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.
3. When Windows load completely connect the phone to the usb (TURNED OFF). Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System" and press "Device manager". Then go to the "mobile devices" right click on the phone and select the "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" -->Choose "Let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer" --> Click on "Have Disk" and "Browse" and select the usb driver (c. from step 1) Click on "OK" and then "Next".
4. Go to the "CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34" folder and run the "setup.exe" --> Click "INSTALL" and the "OK".
5. Disconnect the phone from the pc (DON'T OPEN THE PHONE).
6. Go to the "OCTANS Downloader" folder, Right Click "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe", go to Compatibility Tab an set compatibility to "Windows Xp Sp2".
7. Run "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe" make the selections you want as described here
(remember the phone is Disconnected and TURNED OFF)
8. Press Detect and connect the phone. Octans will detect the device and the "Start Downloading" button will become available.
9. Press "Start Downloading" button cross your fingers and HAPPY Flashing
(say thanks, it doesn't cost).
p.s.: ALL credits go to Rapid 81 and ErnstJanF for saving our a**es.